What's new

Smite - who here plays?

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
Thing is with cabrakan is his base mobility is bad, no great initiate or escapes. His 2 works but since he'd be squishy its tricky. Anyone with a leap or and kind of speed up gets away pretty easily. In casuals he could work but lacks to much at a high level.

Ymir works because he has his great stun. High damage 2, and both apply his 100% damage passive. Then the high damage crippling ult to top it off.
Cabrakan literally has all of that, his 1 increases his base movement speed by up to 35%, makes him immune to all slows/roots for 5 seconds, and does a ton of damage, along with making his first basic attack stun whilst under the effects.

His 2 will also stun once he takes 5 hits, which he's going to in the form of minions or basically anything else, which will stun in an AoE if anyone is nearby, and also hit for a chunk of damage.

His 3 will mop up anyone left alive after that, whilst also applying a really annoying effect to anyone hit by it, and his 4 does damage (unlike Ymir) and can wall things off just as easily.

Theory fighting I know, but can't see any realistic reason he couldn't be good at it.

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
Thanks for the write up, I'm still fairly new to smite and have only started to take it seriously recently. Who are currently good mages? I'm having a lot of fun with Ra but I am still learning to build him lol
Ra is a great character, very simple to use and really versatile, wanna make sure you're building cooldowns for the heals and to get your ult cooldown to 30 seconds.

Generic Ra build: Shoes of focus, Warlock sash, Void stone, Breastplate of valour, Rod of Tahuti, Spear of Magus/Gem of isolation. this gives you a ton of damage and a good bit of resistance while you're at it so you dont get killed too quickly.

Other good mages that are quite simple to approach would be Scylla, Vulcan, Anubis, He Bo. In my opinion anyway :p

@PND_Mustard
For me it comes down to the increased damage ymir can consistently get stacked with the poly. The biggest weakness in cabraken jungle to me is his 3. And basic interrupt or cc knocks him right out of it. I love the option of always having slows, a 2.25? Second stun and a high damaging cripple. I'm going to try him for sure though. Curious how it'll work in practice

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
@PND_Mustard
For me it comes down to the increased damage ymir can consistently get stacked with the poly. The biggest weakness in cabraken jungle to me is his 3. And basic interrupt or cc knocks him right out of it. I love the option of always having slows, a 2.25? Second stun and a high damaging cripple. I'm going to try him for sure though. Curious how it'll work in practice
cab can use poly too man! you can basically go: 1-polyhit-2. will kill any squishy in basically 1

Gooch Peencher

XBL GT: Unikob
Wanted to post to see if other TYM members are playing it or thinking about trying it. I need more people to play with. Its a pretty fun competitive game to get into, I have about 300-400 hours on it and keep having an awesome time with it. Also its a really good MOBA to get into if you haven't tried one yet. Oh and its free with a weekly god rotation similar to Killer Instinct but you can buy characters with in game currency. Hit me up on xbl at: Rabidus Unicorn

Wanted to post to see if other TYM members are playing it or thinking about trying it. I need more people to play with. Its a pretty fun competitive game to get into, I have about 300-400 hours on it and keep having an awesome time with it. Also its a really good MOBA to get into if you haven't tried one yet. Oh and its free with a weekly god rotation similar to Killer Instinct but you can buy characters with in game currency. Hit me up on xbl at: Rabidus Unicorn
Why, yes, other TYM members are most likely playing it. You're in the thread for it now! ^_^

(Your thread has been merged into the existing Smite thread, located in the Other Games sub-forum.)

Radz

F4GroundSkull
Recently started playing Smite on pc. Trying my best to improve cause I'm new to MOBAs in general. My username is iRadiationz, just hit me up if you need an extra player (if anyone here on TYM is still playing this game) :p