What's the max damage meterless in the corner? I'm doing:
f4/f2~bf1~d1~b12~bf1~d1~b12~df1 = 38%
f42~4~bf1~b12~bf1~d1~b12~df1 = 43%
b122~4~bf1~b12~bf1~d1~b12~df1 = 39%
Not sure if those are the most you can get or not

Last edited:

WATCHD0G

Noob
I completely agree with this. The conventional wisdom has long stipulated that Killing machine should only be used to close out a round, but that is simply not the case. Against low damage characters and certain zoners, you want to essentially abuse killing machine.
Hey man i recently picked up slasher as a secondary, what characters would use "abuse" killing machine with.

P.S thanks so much for the D2 killiing machine tech, it really works lol. Been having so much fun with this character

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
What's the max damage meterless in the corner? I'm doing:
f4/f2~bf1~d1~b12~bf1~d1~b12~df1 = 38%
f42~4~bf1~b12~bf1~d1~df1 = 43%
b122~4~bf1~b12~bf1~d1~b12~df1 = 39%
Not sure if those are the most you can get or not
I think the max is f2/f4 bf3, b3 bf3, b122, 111 df1 for like 41 or 43 meterless (forgot which one) but it's really tough to land consistently so for my BnB I do f2/f4 bf3, d1, b122, b3 bf3, d1 df1 which does 38%

Parasurama

Dragon
Hey man i recently picked up slasher as a secondary, what characters would use "abuse" killing machine with.

P.S thanks so much for the D2 killiing machine tech, it really works lol. Been having so much fun with this character
Hi. What is the d2 killing machine tech?

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain

I use it a lot against Grandmaster Sub, for example.

And, yes, ending in D2 is the shit.

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
I think the max is f2/f4 bf3, b3 bf3, b122, 111 df1 for like 41 or 43 meterless (forgot which one) but it's really tough to land consistently so for my BnB I do f2/f4 bf3, d1, b122, b3 bf3, d1 df1 which does 38%
F42 4 shoulder b3 shoulder b3 shoulder b12 choke = 50%

It's hard as fuck

ArmedCalf

Yeah that combo is basically impossible for real matches. Usually I won't commit to f42 but if I do commit I'll do f42, 4 bf3, b3 bf3, d1, 111 df1
Yeah I usually just do like f42 4 shoulder b3 shoulder b3 choke or b12 choke

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
I've really been enjoying Slasher the ast few days, I love his high safe damage in the corner and his footsies with 12 and b12 and his ability to close out matches with dd4. The only thing I don't like is his low damage midscreen, f4f2/~df1 is pretty much all you get. Because of this the only change I would like to slasher is to make b12 something like -1 on block. It would make it a better stagger string, and I think this is fair because of his fairly low damage mid screen. It would be similar to Piercings b12, except slasher doesn't have as many tools as piercing making it fair. Thoughts?

Parasurama

Dragon
I've really been enjoying Slasher the ast few days, I love his high safe damage in the corner and his footsies with 12 and b12 and his ability to close out matches with dd4. The only thing I don't like is his low damage midscreen, f4f2/~df1 is pretty much all you get. Because of this the only change I would like to slasher is to make b12 something like -1 on block. It would make it a better stagger string, and I think this is fair because of his fairly low damage mid screen. It would be similar to Piercings b12, except slasher doesn't have as many tools as piercing making it fair. Thoughts?
Aren't the mixups unsafe?

ArmedCalf

Dude some of his stuff is seriously disgusting:p I hit people in the corner with something like:

f2xxShoulder, d1, b122, b3xxShoulder, d1xxArmour. Then they're trapped and have to eat like 2-3 guesses at you hitting them. I only ever go for this set-up if I know for a fact I can kill OR if I have the meter to break if I fail. Still though, it's terrifying for the other guy.

12 is +2 on block, I abuse it routinely to try and the the opponent to push buttons, and will also whiff the first hit to use the super far advancing second hit to close space.

Technically anything that ends in choke or shoulder is -3, but is a high. A smart opponent will start making you whiff if you get into a pattern and full combo punish. You need to do a lot of conditioning so you can start making good reads. To me, Slasher is more of a space control and punishing character.

colby4898

12 is +2 on block, I abuse it routinely to try and the the opponent to push buttons, and will also whiff the first hit to use the super far advancing second hit to close space.
12 is +2 and it's good, but after 12 I like to go for b12, but both b12 and b122 are -9 making it punishable, you could do b12~shoulder/choke, but choke can whiff and shoulder is a slow high. Making b12 less negative, say -3 to -1 would make the plus frames of 12 much greater.
You can cancel f4/f2 into choke, but f2~choke will whiff from certain ranges. You could do f2 ex bf2 or shoulder from mak range.

12 is +2 and it's good, but after 12 I like to go for b12, but both b12 and b122 are -9 making it punishable, you could do b12~shoulder/choke, but choke can whiff and shoulder is a slow high. Making b12 less negative, say -3 to -1 would make the plus frames of 12 much greater.[/QUOTE
That's why I spoke of conditioning and punishing, and making people press buttons. B122 is 9 frames, so coming out in 7 frames after a 12 on block if properly executed. Condition your opponent to respond and see what they are responding with, then punish them for it. To start conditioning, a d1 after a blocked 12 is a good start. At 6 frames, coming out in 4 if you are +2, nothing in the game will beat it but reversal armor. If the d1 hits you can d4 and it will stagger them into perfect 12 range again. Believe me, it's not actual pressure, but 12,d1,d4 over and over gets annoying fast and goes a long way towards conditioning

colby4898

That's why I spoke of conditioning and punishing, and making people press buttons. B122 is 9 frames, so coming out in 7 frames after a 12 on block if properly executed. Condition your opponent to respond and see what they are responding with, then punish them for it. To start conditioning, a d1 after a blocked 12 is a good start. At 6 frames, coming out in 4 if you are +2, nothing in the game will beat it but reversal armor. If the d1 hits you can d4 and it will stagger them into perfect 12 range again. Believe me, it's not actual pressure, but 12,d1,d4 over and over gets annoying fast and goes a long way towards conditioning
d1 is -2 and leaves you very close. b12 has good range imagine if that was -1. You could do b12 into b12 at max range and beat out a lot of moves. Slasher has very average pressurem I think making b12 -1 would make his pressure significantly better without being unfair.