What's new

Tech - Slasher Slasher Tech and Strategy Discussion

Blade4693

VIVIVI
the trick is to time the 4~bf3 early enough so the first shoulder hits at max height.... i can upload a vid later
Yeah I didn't realize I was doing it so late, I am still having a little trouble but I am getting closer and actually did it one time once I realized 4 can hit the opponent way higher in the air than I thought lol

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick
I don't know, his teleport is absolute dogshit. And the huge damage difference slasher has over GM is not there so armoring up is not worth it and because of slide dd3 is kind've hard to get out without meter. I'll also admit I don't think I use dd3 effectively against characters with wake ups that can reach me, I'm very hesitant to use meter on it because it may not be worth it.
jaku focus and read again
You can anti zone him with lake mist and when they get too afraid to throw ice balls, pursuit
When cornered, both ex throws will get you out of the situation
lake mist is not the best move, but you can do it against an ice ball on reaction, you may not get a punish, but you'll have the advantage AND you neutralize the clone.

When he starts hesitating to throw ice balls you activate pursuit, doesn't matter if he hits you with a slide. It's 10% for him, 12% for you in the worst case you do regular throw during pursuit to open him up because he stayed defensive

2 moves, anti zoning complete

you trade slasher's dmg with relentless corner carry. I really see no point in slasher - GM other than fetish

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
jaku focus and read again

lake mist is not the best move, but you can do it against an ice ball on reaction, you may not get a punish, but you'll have the advantage AND you neutralize the clone.

When he starts hesitating to throw ice balls you activate pursuit, doesn't matter if he hits you with a slide. It's 10% for him, 12% for you in the worst case you do regular throw during pursuit to open him up because he stayed defensive

2 moves, anti zoning complete

you trade slasher's dmg with relentless corner carry. I really see no point in slasher - GM other than fetish
but a good Sub isn't just hiding behind clone doing ice balls they're in mid range pelting you with d4s, run up throw, 50/50's, whatever other shit sub has all while it's hard to fight back because they're behind the clone basically with relentless, they initiate the sequence not you, you just react. It's difficult to get a hit on him in general. And sorry I don't actually pay attention to the move names, pursuit is dd3 or dd4? Because doing dd3 in neutral if they are scared to ice ball will just get you hit by something random.

Last edited:

Hidan

but a good Sub isn't just hiding behind clone doing ice balls they're in mid range pelting you with d4s, run up throw, 50/50's, whatever other shit sub has all while it's hard to fight back because they're behind the clone basically with relentless, they initiate the sequence not you, you just react. I find teleporting an ice ball will just get you d4ed. It's difficult to get a hit on him in general. And sorry I don't actually pay attention to the move names, pursuit is dd3 or dd4? Because doing dd3 in neutral if they are scared to ice ball will just get you hit by something random.
Oh, I thought zoning (most of the times full screen game) was the problem with GM, but you speak about spacing (mid range), that's another case. I personally don't have a problem with that even with slasher. It's zoning that shuts down slasher IMO

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Ya zoning is rough but I personally find armoring up getting a life lead and then turtling with machete throw to be a pretty decent way to go about it, duck an ice blast, machete toss repeat until he gets butthurt. Basically I think it sucks for every variation but I just like slasher better, relentless is my least used variation, and unstoppable is a lolfreewin for sub.

And yes it's that leathery aroma bringing up all this discussion.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
I swear Mournful and Pyro give me the most trouble when it comes to characters that can zone lol if you let them get that distance (about full screen) it gets really tough to get in with all of the air shenanigans lol

Hidan

I swear Mournful and Pyro give me the most trouble when it comes to characters that can zone lol if you let them get that distance (about full screen) it gets really tough to get in with all of the air shenanigans lol
I've never seen pyromancer. If I am to guess how she plays, judging from kobu jutsu, she may summon shang tsung to zone me
And yes it's that leathery aroma bringing up all this discussion.
I believe half of us will be in leather forums too

Blade4693

VIVIVI
I've never seen pyromancer. If I am to guess how she plays, judging from kobu jutsu, she may summon shang tsung to zone me

I believe half of us will be in leather forums too
She pretty much jumps around and throws fireballs full screen, and she can throw a high arch and a low arching one similar to cage forceballs so once she gets that distance and starts jumping around the screen throwing them, getting in with Slasher is pretty tough lol, or at least for me it is.

Hidan

She pretty much jumps around and throws fireballs full screen, and she can throw a high arch and a low arching one similar to cage forceballs so once she gets that distance and starts jumping around the screen throwing them, getting in with Slasher is pretty tough lol, or at least for me it is.
Holy molly, does lake mist save the situat... I have to realize some time we're in SLASHER tech and strategy thread

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Ahhhhhh the Jason forum breathes again... are you guys warming up for Leatherface?
1) I'm going to be around a lot more once the semester ends. Looking forward to it :)

2) I'm definitely pumped for Leatherface and Alien (especially Alien), but I am never going to stop maining Jason. Despite his current lack of competitive viability, he's so much fun to play. At worst, I'll be co-maining Jason and Alien.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Something I've been having success with lately:

When you have Killing Machine active and you land a combo, end it with d2. Then, if you have time before falling asleep, immediately throw out Ex-DB2. The d2 is a great ender for Slasher in general because it is one of his most damaging options (F42, F42, F42, D2 does 34%). Additionally, it also places opponents far away, which is great for minimizing their punishing potential once killing machine runs out. And, if you have time to throw out the enhanced machete toss as a meaty, it forces them to block or eat the machete, which by the time they do, will leave most characters with limited punishment options before you wake up again.

Last edited:

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Something I've been having success with lately:

When you have Killing Machine active and you land a combo, end it with d2. Then, if you have time before falling asleep, immediately throw out Ex-DB2. The d2 is a great ender for Slasher in general because it is one of his most damaging options (F42, F42, F42, D2 does 36%). Additionally, it also places opponents far away, which is great for minimizing their punishing potential once killing machine runs out. And, if you have time to throw out the enhanced machete toss as a meaty, it forces them to block or eat the machete, which by the time they do, will leave most characters with limited punishment options before you wake up again.
Nice work man! Great to see some dedicated Slasher players! :)

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Ya zoning is rough but I personally find armoring up getting a life lead and then turtling with machete throw to be a pretty decent way to go about it,.
I completely agree with this. The conventional wisdom has long stipulated that Killing machine should only be used to close out a round, but that is simply not the case. Against low damage characters and certain zoners, you want to essentially abuse killing machine.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
f42 4 barge b3 barge b3 barge b12 choke 50 meterless corner (can substitute b12 with d1 for 48%)
f2 barge b122 b3 barge 111 choke 41 meterless corner
f42 very slight walk forward f3 (hits reverse) b122 111 choke 38 meterless swag midscreen

Parasurama

Dragon
I completely agree with this. The conventional wisdom has long stipulated that Killing machine should only be used to close out a round, but that is simply not the case. Against low damage characters and certain zoners, you want to essentially abuse killing machine.
Which match ups do you think?

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
f42 4 barge b3 barge b3 barge b12 choke 50 meterless corner (can substitute b12 with d1 for 48%)
f42 very slight walk forward f3 (hits reverse) b122 111 choke 38 meterless swag midscreen
Dude no way is that first combo practical, that shit is insaaaaane

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
Omfg these are all so godlike, good shit man