What's new

Skype + XSplit = No Go

Trying to use Skype & Xsplit together have been the bane of my existence for longer than I'd like to admit. When streaming, people in the chat can hear me, but not who I'm talking to.

I was told to go into the Skype Advanced Settings and select " manage other programs access to Skype." Which in turn brings up Skype API Access Manager but all the options are greyed out and not selectable.

I was then told to open registry editor and manually change the Skype API that way. However for some reason Skype is not appear in my registry editor at all.

There must be something I'm overlooking or not seeing. Surely working Skype into Xsplit when it even appears in the Scene Selection as an item to add by default can't be this difficult.

RyuuJin882

Twitch.tv/ryuujin882
Can you use Discord through x split ?
Well, OBS picks up PC audio automatically.

If Xsplit does that too then just run any chat program you like and viola. Though, I do have to offset the mic audio (so it synchs with the video feed being streamed) which takes some testing.

UGL Preon

The Casual God
How I do it.

If you're playing through PC. Balance the Windows Mixer. Set the levels to what they need to be and run them through the same speaker/head set. The game will have to be a bit lower but it will allow the Skype sound to be picked up with all windows sounds.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Trying to use Skype & Xsplit together have been the bane of my existence for longer than I'd like to admit. When streaming, people in the chat can hear me, but not who I'm talking to.
you shouldn't use skype for streaming, and for gaming in general. It is a huge drag on your connection and destroys your ping. There are many gamer orientated chat apps that you could switch to that are low bandwidth which work just as well, if not better.

Try MUMBLE... imo that is the best. I'm not sure about xSplit as why would anyone use a paid service like that when you can use openbroadcaster for free., but yeah mumble works fine in OBS.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
you shouldn't use skype for streaming, and for gaming in general. It is a huge drag on your connection and destroys your ping. There are many gamer orientated chat apps that you could switch to that are low bandwidth which work just as well, if not better.

Try MUMBLE... imo that is the best. I'm not sure about xSplit as why would anyone use a paid service like that when you can use openbroadcaster for free., but yeah mumble works fine in OBS.
I see... I should close Skype, when in Gaming Tournies.

Biggs

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
People shouldn't use Skype period. Proprietary software that: bypasses firewalls, spies on its users, lists IP addresses and can modify itself without notice. That program is bullshit at its finest

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Just use Discord. Skype does exactly what @Biggs said, plus it's not low latency and is a resource hog if your rig is potato-level (like mine :rolleyes:). Discord is really, really worth using. So much that I've deleted Skype lol.

And since Discord just runs through desktop audio, make sure the volume is raised for that, and use the offset feature to delay it a bit to sync up with the rest of your audio.

Skype works fine on xsplit for me when I used to use them. There's settings you have to adjust in both xsplit and skype for it to work well but it's not hard

It's been an annoying evening. I balanced the Audio as best as I could with OBS. You could hear myself & my companion speaking perfectly, but the game volume was skipping. Which is apparently a problem when it comes to OBS & The LGP which is what I use currently.

With X Split, no amount of Audio settings would get the program to pick up on the Skype Call.