What's new

Skins

Asking because I did not get the Kollector Edition of MK11 with the Gold Demon Scorpion DLC and was curious if this might become available later.

Asking because I did not get the Kollector Edition of MK11 with the Gold Demon Scorpion DLC and was curious if this might become available later.
The Gold Scorpion skin from Mortal Kombat XL is available to all in the Xbox One version of the game, but not the PlayStation 4 version. It was never available in the PC version.

Art Lean

Noob
The Gold Scorpion skin from Mortal Kombat XL is available to all in the Xbox One version of the game, but not the PlayStation 4 version. It was never available in the PC version.
It's free on PS4 too: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP1018-CUSA00967_00-COARSESCORPION00

But the OP is talking about if we use MKXL as an example, will we get all the skins released for MK11 eventually too?

And my answer is... I don't know. We got pretty much all of the MKX skins eventually, some you still needed to unlock through their necessary means but almost all are readily available now right off the bat.

The big difference is MKX existed in a pre-Fortnite world where each character had a finite selection of skins, each of a single colour, with Scorpion being the most indulgent with a whopping 8 (and personally I can't stand Infrared or Gold Scorpion anyway, I'd have been happy with 6).

Although MK11 typically only has around 4-6 actual skin styles per character, it frustratingly classifies shades as skins thereby multiplying its amount of actual "skins" immensely, there's a shop for real-life micro-transactions, then along with Kombat League skins that are timeframe-specific (so far), I fear it may end up taking a page out of Fortnite's book as an ongoing catalogue product whereby some skins just come and go forever (like seasonable fashion in real life) to make players proud of themselves for having obtained them at a certain time.

I hope not, and optimistically want all these DLC skins and Kombat League skins to eventually become readily available. But already nearly 18 months down the line, there's still plenty of things that are difficult or impossible for people to unlock, if it all; the Golden Krypt events in particular have been especially cruel to those who may not have invested into the game until recently. Want Jax's classic arms or Liu's MK2 skin again anytime soon? Tough you missed it, twice (for just 24 hours each). Want human Kitana with hair-buns? Tough you missed that too, and was a grind if you wanted it. Which has me feeling slightly pessimistic whether everything such as Gold Demon Scorpion, the other Cangaceiro Kano shades, previous Kombat League skins etc. will eventually be given out to everyone.

In short, I have my fingers crossed, but I'm not holding my breath.

It's free on PS4 too: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP1018-CUSA00967_00-COARSESCORPION00

But the OP is talking about if we use MKXL as an example, will we get all the skins released for MK11 eventually too?

And my answer is... I don't know. We got pretty much all of the MKX skins eventually, some you still needed to unlock through their necessary means but almost all are readily available now right off the bat.

The big difference is MKX existed in a pre-Fortnite world where each character had a finite selection of skins, each of a single colour, with Scorpion being the most indulgent with a whopping 8 (and personally I can't stand Infrared or Gold Scorpion anyway, I'd have been happy with 6).

Although MK11 typically only has around 4-6 actual skin styles per character, it frustratingly classifies shades as skins thereby multiplying its amount of actual "skins" immensely, there's a shop for real-life micro-transactions, then along with Kombat League skins that are timeframe-specific (so far), I fear it may end up taking a page out of Fortnite's book as an ongoing catalogue product whereby some skins just come and go forever (like seasonable fashion in real life) to make players proud of themselves for having obtained them at a certain time.

I hope not, and optimistically want all these DLC skins and Kombat League skins to eventually become readily available. But already nearly 18 months down the line, there's still plenty of things that are difficult or impossible for people to unlock, if it all; the Golden Krypt events in particular have been especially cruel to those who may not have invested into the game until recently. Want Jax's classic arms or Liu's MK2 skin again anytime soon? Tough you missed it, twice (for just 24 hours each). Want human Kitana with hair-buns? Tough you missed that too, and was a grind if you wanted it. Which has me feeling slightly pessimistic whether everything such as Gold Demon Scorpion, the other Cangaceiro Kano shades, previous Kombat League skins etc. will eventually be given out to everyone.

In short, I have my fingers crossed, but I'm not holding my breath.
My thoughts exactly. I wasn’t able to get the Kollector Edition of MK 11 w/ the Scorpion bust. This was the only way to get the Gold Demon skin dlc as well. I don’t want to buy it on eBay for $100+. Hoping that all the skins will become available in some way eventually. I really wanted the white and red Scorpion and black and red Erron Black KL skins.

Art Lean

Noob
Thanks for the pep talk, I do appreciate it haha. But just realised I posted these Kombat League rant messages in the wrong thread... I was posting these previously in the 'Kombat League Point System' thread. Whoops! :oops:

Will delete them and move them over!!!