What's new

Skin Swap + Gear System?

Lokheit

Noob
This is something I've been wondering for a while and I'm not sure if it has been answered or not, so I just want to throw it out there:

Do we know how the gear system will work when we're using a skin swap? In some cases like Hal/Stewart it might work just fine because they wear the same uniform and can potentially get the same stuff, but for example despite being alternate versions of each other, there are some differences between Supergirl and Powergirl, not only the obvious "physical" one (or two...) but also "thematical" as they don't wear the same uniforms and we've already seen different "S" chest emblems for Supergirl, which wouldn't make sense for P-owergirl (though I guess they might replace all S embles with blank cleavage spaces for her) and their color scheme is also different for the shadders customization.

This might get worse if for example Mr Freeze is a skin swap of Captain Cold and who knows which other skin swaps are we getting. So... has there been any explanation about how would gear appareance work in this case? Do they use the same gear? Have their own separate sets to unlock separately? They're locked out of gear and you can't customize them at all? I'm not sure if any dev has mentioned this before.

Reeky Jones

XBL: Reeky Jones PSN: Reeky_Jones
What he said. Tyler confirmed it on stream. You have all the bonuses from your gear except it just wont be visible on the premier skin.

Lokheit

Noob
I see, I was hoping we could get to customize the alt versions appearance but I guess at least we do have alt versions. Thanks for the answers!