What's new

Skarlet's custom moves tier list

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Now that the boring tournament variations shackle us no longer, here are some of Skarlet top moves for those that didn't have the chance to play the beta.

1. Parry
Now you can add this into any variation and replace the shit you don't like, remember that Blood ritual, red mist are moves that did not have synergy with their specific variations at all, well add this and your gap issues are somewhat reduced.

2. Teleport
Now you can teleport at any variation, still not the best TP in the game but gets the job done if you have good reads.

3. Retch Rebution/ Cell Siphon/ Boiling point
You can pick now specific BF4 depending of a specific MU, good is, you can have one for each variation, Boiling point does the most damage, but you can't combo off 44, but now it doesn't matter because you can choose to always have a tentacle, the idea is, these moves are now legit combo enders with very consistent damage, don't be afraid to always have one of these equipped.

4. Killer Clot
This move is OD, hopefully not banned, function: bans their ability to cancel strings or normals into specials, ban amplified specials, and also bans breakaways, basically, they can't use meter. If this move is tournament legal, equip as it's unblockable, and once they get inside its radius, it's on, they can't do combos unless they finish their strings, they can't break away or amplify anything at all.
You can do corner setups and put this move on the screen, seems to good to be tournament legal, replaced DB3

Moves to complement or to likely be left out
5 Blood Flow
Cost 2 slots but allows you to setup pressure with long-ranged normals or specials, i don't see this changing to 1 slot, if it does, equip it.

6 Blood Ritual
Trash by many, but it helped save lives before, anyway the use it's preferential as it's very situational

7 Red Mist
Trash, turns Skarlet into noxious reptile with a restand but doesn't do much good

8 Krimson Shield
Another trash move, it reduces damage output by itself, doubt you will use it.

9 Red Rain
Probably banned, buffs Skarlet's damage output as long as she is on the rain spot. Trash

In general, now you can have the moves that get the most synergy and maximize the effectiveness of Skarlet as you see fit

Last edited:

Benlo

PrayforSareena
I will go with Retch Rebution (I like it so much), parry and red rain (if red rain is banned, the teleport)

You don't have trash Krimson Shield on your tier list.

Retch-Rebution is a poor man's Boiling Point.

Killer Clot replacing Blood Trail is not a good trade up imo.

I can see only see two optimal loadouts with Skarlet.
-Teleport, Parry with (Cell Siphon or Boiling Point)
-Blood Flow with (Teleport or Parry)

I think any other combination is less optimal.

Wavy

Block Spammer
Killer Clot was so good at launch. In fact, it was a custom move that did get nerfed in the past. It used to be a set it and forget it move but now it has to connect to a person somewhat quickly or else it goes away or it's much easier for the person to escape. I just remember it being nerfed because it had OD tracking. I really like the move anyway.

My personal build was parry, teleport, and killer clot. Although, I'm not sure if they will keep killer clot. Might be banned. I just found the most success with that setup in nearly all custom MU's.

Edit: Found the patch from way back. "Killer Clot will now track the opponent when activated for 1/2 second instead of 2 seconds before dying if it does not reach its target " LOL 2 seconds was insane

Last edited:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
You don't have trash Krimson Shield on your tier list.

Retch-Rebution is a poor man's Boiling Point.

Killer Clot replacing Blood Trail is not a good trade up imo.

I can see only see two optimal loadouts with Skarlet.
-Teleport, Parry with (Cell Siphon or Boiling Point)
-Blood Flow with (Teleport or Parry)

I think any other combination is less optimal.
Yeah Retch is weaker, but startup it's no joke.
killer Clot is deadly, and considering how blood trail is slow, you can end combos and strings in killer klot as long as you are close once it hits, it's done. you do combos in the corner, pressure into it, knd into killer klot setups, they will be so limited in gameplay.

Imagine characters like noob, jacqui, cetrion, liu kang all become much more weaker because they can't use their stuff as one, they become an MK1 character.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
What if they let you combo off of red mist? Imagine doing 124, red mist, F34, into AMP db3.

Holy..

Good thread Eddy, thank you !

Though I don't agree on some points :
- I think Red Rain will be tournament legal, the move isn't THAT broken. If I recall correctly the damage buff no longer applies if Skarlet leaves the area of the move. Red Rain does not break the game like terminate, mother bug or Spawn's "early Fatal Blow" special move does, I think it will be usable in customs.

- Red Mist isn't that bad in itself but could definitely use a buff on its hit advantage. However it saved me a LOT of times during the final moments of a round.
Right now it's almost risky to use it in the corner because you can't even jail a s1 after the restand, you need to condition your opponent to block by using d1 and maybe you can start using b3 or f2 afterwards. The only reason the move is considered that bad is that it replaces the tentacle, and I can fully understand that. In the current state of the game, there would be no reason to pick Red Mist in a custom move scenario. They need to buff the move to make it worth trading the tentacle for it. Also the damage over time needs to continue even if Skarlet is hit or thrown. The move has a lot of potential, but far from optimal right now.

- Cell Siphon should be lower than the other bf4 enders. It has the same problem than Red Mist about the hit advantage and add to this that the move is easier to punish than most of the Fatal Blows for some reasons while being much weaker. Reduce the recovery and punish window and add a few hit advantage and the move will be great and balanced.

- Blood Ritual needs a slight rework, nobody will use it after the patch drops. I don't really know how to make it viable, maybe a faster start up and the same damage loss for both players could be enough. It could make it broken, maybe not, I have no idea lol.

I know everybody here is team Parry + Teleport, but I prefer my ideal custom variation : Blood Flow and Boiling Point... Finally !
Also I can't wait to use this one : Parry, Red Rain and Boiling Point

Last edited:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Good thread Eddy, thank you !

Though I don't agree on some points :
- I think Red Rain will be tournament legal, the move isn't THAT broken. If I recall correctly the damage buff no longer applies if Skarlet leaves the area of the move. Red Rain does not break the game like terminate, mother bug or Spawn's "early Fatal Blow" special move does, I think it will be usable in customs.

- Red Mist isn't that bad in itself but could definitely use a buff on its hit advantage. However it saved me a LOT of times during the final moments of a round.
Right now it's almost risky to use it in the corner because you can't even jail a s1 after the restand, you need to condition your opponent to block by using d1 and maybe you can start using b3 or f2 afterwards. The only reason the move is considered that bad is that it replaces the tentacle, and I can fully understand that. In the current state of the game, there would be no reason to pick Red Mist in a custom move scenario. They need to buff the move to make it worth trading the tentacle for it. Also the damage over time needs to continue even if Skarlet is hit or thrown. The move has a lot of potential, but far from optimal right now.

- Cell Siphon should be lower than the other bf4 enders. It has the same problem than Red Mist about the hit advantage and add to this that the move is easier to punish than most of the Fatal Blows for some reasons while being much weaker. Reduce the recovery and punish window and add a few hit advantage and the move will be great and balanced.

- Blood Ritual needs a slight rework, nobody will use it after the patch drops. I don't really know how to make it viable, maybe a faster start up and the same damage loss for both players could be enough. It could make it broken, maybe not, I have no idea lol.

I know everybody here is team Parry + Teleport, but I prefer my ideal custom variation : Blood Flow and Boiling Point... Finally !
Also I can't wait to use this one : Parry, Red Rain and Boiling Point
The reason she leaves the are is why Red Rain is trash, no one will use that, unless you want to attempt some corner setups, but honestly no worth the trade.

Retch-Rebution does less damage than Boiling Point, but I find that it connects better to different combos than boiling point.
Boiling point connects after 212 212 44, retch-rebution doesn't. Same with the uppercut KB into 212 44 I'm pretty sure. I also messed around a bit with corner combos and retch-rebution connected only after B34 44

I am having hard time connecting BP after 212 212 44. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
The timing is really strict to connect Boiling Point in this combo. You need to chain the second 212 as soon as possible after the recovery of the first one and delay the 44 just a little bit. If you do 44 too late you won't be able to connect boiling point and will lose your turn (not minus enough to get punished usually). This combo can be dangerous because if you do 44 too early it will whiff and the recovery is so long it will be a guaranteed punish for the opponent. This combo is really hard, I'm a Hemorrhage main since it has been released and sometimes I still get the combo wrong. It needs a lot of patience and practice.
But my piece of advice is, to in case of doubt in the middle of the combo, you better delay 44 a little more and go for the blood ball setup. Like I said before 44 can be punished if inputed too early, so I prefer playing it safe.
Once you'll figure the correct height/timing to connect boiling point, you'll have enough time during the 44 to realise if the timing is correct and you will be able to react into either confirming into boiling point or setting up a blood ball.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Long ago i dreamed of boiling point in variation 3, cause it comboed from stand 44 and the fuckers nerfed it!

So instead, lets go retch-rebution that right now combos from stand 44 until they nerf it

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Killer clot really didn't need to be banned tbh. The move sounds really good but in the context of this character; she isn't going to launch you, she isn't going to mix you and her stuff is still punishable even without being able to flawless U2

Malec

Noob
What do you guys think of my build? im running boiling point, tele, & parry :)
Imo the best Variation. I am running this too. I was thinking a lot about retch-rebution vs boiling point, but retch cant win for me. The restand is nice with +7 but if you want to cash out the damage, you only reset the neutral with 0 on hit and its still less damage then boiling. Boiling enhanced gives 60+ on hit and you can set up blood ball/ teleport