What's new

Match-up Discussion Skarlet vs Cyrax

It's great to be back on the forums again, have been super busy but the grand announcement i have for skarlet players is........ i'm going to main her, and have backups of course if necessary. I'm having a lot of issues with rax, i play my bro in this mu alot and i utilize her instant air daggers and stuff to zone him, but my big issue is when he gets in. I know i can armor out, but i dnt want to waste meter on that and get caught by a full reset combo. This mu i consider 5-5, so i'd like to know what other players think the mu is and how skarlet can deal with rax.
Eddy Wang
Ninj
@Lord of the Fly
RedRaptor10
and tag any other skarlets

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
The key is avoid all Cyrax nets, when you have not at least 2 bars ..... (this serves to any character against Cyrax)

Or just bait purposely him to do it, and try to teleport on time, to hit him and make him not abuse anymore from green nets .....

The key is avoid all Cyrax nets, when you have not at least 2 bars ..... (this serves to any character against Cyrax)

Or just bait purposely him to do it, and try to teleport on time, to hit him and make him not abuse anymore from green nets .....
i'm cool on avoiding nets usually, i just have an issue getting away from his pressure/ got to be careful with my air daggers bcuz he has an invincible AA grab. Getting out the corner can be a pain at times as well.

Damn how long did you give Sonya? Like three days? haha
oh dnt worry, she is still going to be played by me next tournament, i'm just saying that i'm planning on maining skarlet, next tournament not sure, but surely soon. My top 3 chars i plan on using are liu, skarlet, and sonya, and i'll have reptile, cage, scorpion, kenshi, and etc. to back them up if necessary.

MITDJT man you main everyone lol. tier whore! You'd be a walking STD if tier whoring came with a virus lol
lol mannnnnnnnn as long as i know that i can play low tier chars like scorpion at evo and get myself in top 8 like that, then i have a good balance haha. Also good luck this weekend bro, i expect to see you putting in work.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
It's great to be back on the forums again, have been super busy but the grand announcement i have for skarlet players is........ i'm going to main her, and have backups of course if necessary. I'm having a lot of issues with rax, i play my bro in this mu alot and i utilize her instant air daggers and stuff to zone him, but my big issue is when he gets in. I know i can armor out, but i dnt want to waste meter on that and get caught by a full reset combo. This mu i consider 5-5, so i'd like to know what other players think the mu is and how skarlet can deal with rax.
Eddy Wang
Ninj
@Lord of the Fly
RedRaptor10
and tag any other skarlets
Nice tag bro..,

I just need to make a video to show you What I do

EDIT:
video uploading now

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
hey MITDJT welcome back.

My Nephew jumps too much, its kind of annoying, since they figure it Skarlet AA is a bit inconsistent, so i practiced my defense and my anticipation to the bone.

Cyrax needs to be prevented to use his best tools, you cannot let him build meter, you cannot let him user bombs or nets, and certainly all his ways to get in need to have a punish keeper, jump, AA grab, tele, donkey kick, anything.

He also have a wheird hitbox that allows the best skarlets strings to work on him, and he lacks of good armor to punish skarlet, which means all her blockstrings shenanigans are allowed, even the most riskier ones.
Since he can't simply get out using armor, he will have to rely on pokes and jump out of skarlet setups.

You want to be close to him only when is you attacking other than that, stay a red dash distance of him all the time, full screen will invite bombs and net, from a red dash distance you can punish bombs and net with ex dash up slash on time.
Also punish all his ways to get in, keep him out with footsies while you're on this distance.

Up close, you have the best D3 in the game, it will low Skarlet hitbox to the point of whiffing all cyrax fastest strings, except 334.
D3, and D1 are your best friends to deal with cyrax pressure
His strings also doesn't push him much forward, so dash back to whiff punish is crucial in this MU
Donkey Kick will go under skarlet's strings, be careful with this.

Forget about red dash on this MU, only Crimson Dash can get the job done
Train your anticipation to punish any bomb he places on the screen with Crimson Dash up slash before he has time to recover
Avoid nets at all cost, punish if you can, block if won't make it in time.
Learn to iaD, at least making 2 hit is good to get you in on hit, blockstring and get the fuck out

Eddy Wang, thanks for the info bro, and L0rdoftheFLY haha sorry for the incorrect tag, but thanks for the info for sure. I'm gradually getting better with her, so hopefully i'll have her rdy by next month since i plan on going to mlg(if mk9 is at it), or ncr (should be in march or beginning of april).

Obs_SmSwag

"I have good taste because I like what I like"
Lol, I've been considering Skarlett as a secondary instead of Freddy, go figure.

She's so damn under-rated, I asked this question and I'm still waiting for an answer, "Who does Skarlett lose to baring Kabal?" She has the tools to win or tie absolutely every mu i.m.o

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Lol, I've been considering Skarlett as a secondary instead of Freddy, go figure.

She's so damn under-rated, I asked this question and I'm still waiting for an answer, "Who does Skarlett lose to baring Kabal?" She has the tools to win or tie absolutely every mu i.m.o
Possibly sonya

Possibly sonya
imo, i believe that she loses to kabal, sonya, and lao i'm on a fence about. Sometimes it feels like a 5-5 to me, other times it feels like a 6 4. But that mu seems to be a 5 5. The mus she for sure loses are sonya and kabal, and that is only 2 bad mus, so she is actually possibly top 5 in the game.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
imo, i believe that she loses to kabal, sonya, and lao i'm on a fence about. Sometimes it feels like a 5-5 to me, other times it feels like a 6 4. But that mu seems to be a 5 5. The mus she for sure loses are sonya and kabal, and that is only 2 bad mus, so she is actually possibly top 5 in the game.
IMO i think skarlet only loses to characters that have at least 2 safe specials on block, like Kabal who has a ton of them, and maybe sonya, i would mention Jax, but his specials are not that safe when it whiffs, easy to bait and punish on whiff before he recovers. Besides, he gets a real hard time due her Small hitbox, and moves that lower her hitbox.

I say this because some characters you can read through their special move, and amor trough and win the trade, others like kabal, making this trade even if you read is a huge risk, specially if he can bait armor using on purpose and still get away with it.

For sure man, So she probably wouldn't be of use to me then lol. I'll just keep workin' on Freddy and Kabal.
good mix, should do you well. You hitting up any tournaments in the future? vegas crew going to ncr or mlg based on if mk is at mlg. If it isn't, ncr time then.

IMO i think skarlet only loses to characters that have at least 2 safe specials on block, like Kabal who has a ton of them, and maybe sonya, i would mention Jax, but his specials are not that safe when it whiffs, easy to bait and punish on whiff before he recovers. Besides, he gets a real hard time due her Small hitbox, and moves that lower her hitbox.

I say this because some characters you can read through their special move, and amor trough and win the trade, others like kabal, making this trade even if you read is a huge risk, specially if he can bait armor using on purpose and still get away with it.
very true, skarlet is an all around character as well, she can rush down, zone, play footsies, and build meter effectively. Those are all the things needed to make a char very dangerous, she's the full package.

Obs_SmSwag

"I have good taste because I like what I like"
good mix, should do you well. You hitting up any tournaments in the future? vegas crew going to ncr or mlg based on if mk is at mlg. If it isn't, ncr time then.
For sure Evo, Maybe NCR but I just dropped $300 on glasses and i'm savin' up for a trip to mexico for Spring Break atm.