What's new

Video/Tutorial Skarlet Uppecut combo/reset

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

It would be uploaded yesterday, but 24h without internet sucks, anyway, i think this can be done because the uppercut is not the problem here, the consistency is on d1~rd~up slash. Wich is totally dificult, but it can be done for sure.
So from this day on, i'll try to get this consistent to avoid crossups when footsie vs footsie is not working for them:)

GambitTheFirst

Just some bees, please.
Some interesting ideas here, I find it's pretty rare to catch people with an uppercut like that but maybe it's just me. Still, the whole concept of comboing off the backwards uppercut could be useful with more exploration, nice find!

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die

It would be uploaded yesterday, but 24h without internet sucks, anyway, i think this can be done because the uppercut is not the problem here, the consistency is on d1~rd~up slash. Wich is totally dificult, but it can be done for sure.
So from this day on, i'll try to get this consistent to avoid crossups when footsie vs footsie is not working for them:)
I love it <3

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
I used to use a combo that crossed under like that, but didn't do nearly as much damage. It caused tons of confusion and caused accidental breakers, and missed breakers. I'd get messages a lot about how frustrated they were by it, but I dropped it for higher damage options and resets and so on. It might be worth it now that Edson's got a high damage version. Maybe use this in a situation where you need to mind fuck someone. If used at the right moment it might really frustrate someone.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I used to use a combo that crossed under like that, but didn't do nearly as much damage. It caused tons of confusion and caused accidental breakers, and missed breakers. I'd get messages a lot about how frustrated they were by it, but I dropped it for higher damage options and resets and so on. It might be worth it now that Edson's got a high damage version. Maybe use this in a situation where you need to mind fuck someone. If used at the right moment it might really frustrate someone.
I still think this reset can grow 6% more in damage if i'm not mistaking, due the fact that i didn't use u3 air dagger or just u3 then the reset. The damage could roll around 35% 39% or even 40%

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
I still think this reset can grow 6% more in damage if i'm not mistaking, due the fact that i didn't use u3 air dagger or just u3 then the reset. The damage could roll around 35% 39% or even 40%
The number to beat is 44% no meyer midscreen reset. 47% with jip.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
The number to beat is 44% no meyer midscreen reset. 47% with jip.

i can't say we will break that record, that is "the combo" so it will be hard to beat or maybe we never will :p

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
i can't say we will break that record, that is "the combo" so it will be hard to beat or maybe we never will :p
And remember also that usabiity is important. A combo's strength also relies on its ability to be performed reliably. That said, any and all combos should be explored.

Saint

Noob
This is good shit, alot of characters have these. They're pretty situational but when they do happen you'll know what to do :)

ryublaze

Noob
At first I thought this was going to be a reset like Cyrax's lol but good stuff Eddy. Uppercut combos are awesome. You can do some uppercut combos in the corner by dashing forward then uppercut but I don't think they do as much damage as her regular corner BnBs. Then again, pimpinjim found a really good uppercut combo for CSZ.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
At first I thought this was going to be a reset like Cyrax's lol but good stuff Eddy. Uppercut combos are awesome. You can do some uppercut combos in the corner by dashing forward then uppercut but I don't think they do as much damage as her regular corner BnBs. Then again, pimpinjim found a really good uppercut combo for CSZ.
Its because all her strings are slow as hell