What's new

Guide Skarlet Ultimate Guide

Deftonesrc

Electrical Engineering bitch!
Do you mind if I format this to PDF? I would like to have this on my iPad for quick reference, I'll send you a copy of the file for distribution

Somberness

Lights
He doesn't have problems with that, his issues lie with the fact that Skarlet is negative in certain situations(ERD's on block and such) and he inputs a certain fast string like Cage's 9-frame "F3" to take over the pressure but Skarlet is still faster with her 10-frame "1" even though Skarlet is at like -4.
He doesn't understand why this happens, the blame could be put at his side not being fast enough or there may be a glitch where she gets randomly gets more cancel advantage.
Character knowledge of when the recovery ends is what I think the issue is. I haven't seen anything to prove otherwise. Skarlet's 114 and B11F4 both cause 28 frames of block stun when you cancel into a special, which is basically the most you can get off a string. Just to note, 114 only has 27 when you don't cancel. In comparison, something like Sonya's 114 has only 21 frames where you are forced to block. And you can't compare to Sonya as her gaps are much larger, 1 frame to armor out compared to 6 (like for 114~cartwheel).

ryublaze

Noob
I editted some combos so they fit the format and I added some of my BnBs to the list but I don't have my game so I can't check how much damage they do. IMO we should replace the F4 combo starter with rd~ds because rd~ds applies to all combo starters so people will know that they don't have to only use F4 for that combo. I don't think we have to include rd at the end of standing reset combos because you don't always have to use a rd after a standing reset (you can use EX Dagger/Blood Ball too).

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
i still think that is a bad idea, and RedRaptor10

Reverse Corner
rd~ds -- 2, rd~us -- B1, 1, F4, rd~us x 1, 1, 2 (10 Hits, ??%)​
rd~us xx 2, 3, rd~us, B1, 1, F4, rd~us x 1, 1, 2 (11 Hits, ??%)​
rd~:xds x 3, rd~us -- B1, 1, F4, rd~us x 1, 1, 2 (11 Hits, ??%)​
This is confusing without the combo starters IMO, rd~ds and rd~us are also combo starters and the BnB may change if you hit someone crouching​
I can check the damage of these if you like

ryublaze

Noob
Eddy Wang

Okay I guess we can stick to F4 for combo starter, but for other characters like Scorpion, they list his 1,1~spear because it is rare to land a naked ground spear into combo. On the other hand, Skarlet has EX Red Dash to start a combo with up/down slash. If we just listed rd~ds as the combo starter, the combo would apply to all of her combo starters.

But if you want to stick with F4 for the combo starter then we can. And yes that would be great if you can find the damage for those combos. :)

ryublaze

Noob
Eddy Wang AssassiN[be] Johnny2d Khaotic_xShangx L0rdoftheFLY Mosp Ninj SaJa GLoRToR

So it's going to be summer break soon so I figured we should get this guide finished over the summer. We still need to add the rest of the combos, videos (maybe) and an other section that has links to Somberness' frame data thread and other useful info. and maybe we can refine some stuff like combo notation or the way some things are worded. But if you guys are busy with Injustice then I understand cuz I might be too.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Eddy Wang AssassiN[be] Johnny2d Khaotic_xShangx L0rdoftheFLY Mosp Ninj SaJa GLoRToR

So it's going to be summer break soon so I figured we should get this guide finished over the summer. We still need to add the rest of the combos, videos (maybe) and an other section that has links to Somberness' frame data thread and other useful info. and maybe we can refine some stuff like combo notation or the way some things are worded. But if you guys are busy with Injustice then I understand cuz I might be too.
i'm not busy with Injustice yet, i have one last thing to do with Skarlet ^^

AssassiN

Noob

I changed my name :p.
But I'll help finish this guide over the summer, I'm not that busy with Injustice. I got too much work right now, I'll have a lot more free time at the third week of June.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
No promises. I'm not really here anymore. And though this guide was an awesome effort, I think nobody will want to play MK anymore all that much with Injustice out and only being half as ridiculous as MK was.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
No promises. I'm not really here anymore. And though this guide was an awesome effort, I think nobody will want to play MK anymore all that much with Injustice out and only being half as ridiculous as MK was.
Maybe where you are, here ppl are having second thoughs, not even half have bought injustice because they're really not diggin it.

So MK has guaranteed Scene here

ryublaze

Noob
Just wanted to say that I love the Skarlet community and it was great being a part of it. Sorry if I ever acted like dick, I know we've had a couple of arguments in the past but we got through it all. I think we already found everything there is to find with this character, and it's all thanks to the community. Idk if I'll work on finishing this guide since I'm kinda lazy right now xD and I don't have mod status anymore to edit the OP. That is now up to Eddy Wang . Hopefully we'll all see each other again when MK10 comes out (if Skarlet is in).

Shoutouts to @Eddy Wang @AssassiN @Johnny2d @Khaotic_xShangx AK L0rdoftheFLY @Mosp @Ninj @SaJa GLoRToR FCP/EMP SCAR especially Ninj who was the original mod who helped me learn Skarlet. Also good luck to Scar at EVO and anyone else repping Skarlet. This might be our last chance at getting her to the top. :D

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Just wanted to say that I love the Skarlet community and it was great being a part of it. Sorry if I ever acted like dick, I know we've had a couple of arguments in the past but we got through it all. I think we already found everything there is to find with this character, and it's all thanks to the community. Idk if I'll work on finishing this guide since I'm kinda lazy right now xD and I don't have mod status anymore to edit the OP. That is now up to Eddy Wang . Hopefully we'll all see each other again when MK10 comes out (if Skarlet is in).

Shoutouts to @Eddy Wang @AssassiN @Johnny2d @Khaotic_xShangx AK L0rdoftheFLY @Mosp @Ninj @SaJa GLoRToR FCP/EMP SCAR especially Ninj who was the original mod who helped me learn Skarlet. Also good luck to Scar at EVO and anyone else repping Skarlet. This might be our last chance at getting her to the top. :D
I would go to evo if i could, there is no one to pay my trip unfortunately, the plain ticket should cost more than the EVO's prize itself.

No sweat bro, i'm pretty sure she will be in MK10, Paulo will make sure of it if they're were following our research season with the character.

And there is still one thing, Mirelson recently was talking about how armor actually when activated, the move stuffed gets the entire duration frames instead of i.e the block advantage, so if you armor trough a D1, it will not be -13, it will be -25. Isin't much of a relevance, ex dash~ex up slash (24 frames) to blow up D1's and similar shit superior in 24 frames naked duration.

I just didn't post about it because basically TYM doesn't care about MK9 anymore, but its all good, as we wait for MK10, injustice is out some of us are playing, tournaments are still in the run here and we're having a good time. ^^ every is back to the normal.

Till MK10 Red, Ninj, AssassiN Johnny2d Khaotic_xShangx saja @L0rdoftheFLY, Mosp, Ninj, Saja, GLoRToR, UsedForGlue, FCP/EMP SCAR. It was a very crazy ride, and i had a blast in those years specially when i joined the Skarlet community.

ryublaze

Noob
I would go to evo if i could, there is no one to pay my trip unfortunately, the plain ticket should cost more than the EVO's prize itself.

No sweat bro, i'm pretty sure she will be in MK10, Paulo will make sure of it if they're were following our research season with the character.

And there is still one thing, Mirelson recently was talking about how armor actually when activated, the move stuffed gets the entire duration frames instead of i.e the block advantage, so if you armor trough a D1, it will not be -13, it will be -25. Isin't much of a relevance, ex dash~ex up slash (24 frames) to blow up D1's and similar shit superior in 24 frames naked duration.

I just didn't post about it because basically TYM doesn't care about MK9 anymore, but its all good, as we wait for MK10, injustice is out some of us are playing, tournaments are still in the run here and we're having a good time. ^^ every is back to the normal.

Till MK10 Red, Ninj, AssassiN Johnny2d Khaotic_xShangx saja @L0rdoftheFLY, Mosp, Ninj, Saja, GLoRToR, UsedForGlue, FCP/EMP SCAR. It was a very crazy ride, and i had a blast in those years specially when i joined the Skarlet community.
That sucks. It would've been awesome seeing you and your Skarlet at EVO. I think I knew about the duration thing because technically the D1 isn't blocked so it lasts for the duration.

AssassiN

Noob
It was/is awesome being part of the Skarlet community, as far as I know there was never any bs between the Skarlet mains. I loved discovering and discussing tech about this character, certainly because I mained LK before and I found everything out by myself before I actively joined TYM.

I hope Skarlet is in MK10 with a good storyline and she is still a good technical character.
This was by far my most favorite character-forum.
My only regret is that I've never been able to show of my Skarlet when I'm at my best in an offline tournament.
I wish FCP/EMP SCAR success for EVO and hope he has worked on his roll-up punishments.

I hope the Skarlet community sticks around for MK10 and we get to break Skarlet down again.
I'm playing MK9 on PC if someone wants to play me online sometime.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
It was/is awesome being part of the Skarlet community, as far as I know there was never any bs between the Skarlet mains. I loved discovering and discussing tech about this character, certainly because I mained LK before and I found everything out by myself before I actively joined TYM.

I hope Skarlet is in MK10 with a good storyline and she is still a good technical character.
This was by far my most favorite character-forum.
My only regret is that I've never been able to show of my Skarlet when I'm at my best in an offline tournament.
I wish FCP/EMP SCAR success for EVO and hope he has worked on his roll-up punishments.

I hope the Skarlet community sticks around for MK10 and we get to break Skarlet down again.
I'm playing MK9 on PC if someone wants to play me online sometime.
No shit, colt and the team should be proud of them selves about Skarlet, pretty technical, and actually she build a fan base for herself along the way, i know we're also the contributors of it due our videos not only about kombat, but tech and strategys, mind game superiority and stuff.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Thanks for the shoutout and a big one to all of you guys, especially those still persevering through with this broken ass piece of shit game. Power to the people!

EDIT: Oh, and a message back in time to myself: Injustice is no better than MK was.