What's new

Skarlet (Temporary) Frame Data

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Last edited:

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
It's cool you're doing this, and I am in no way wanting to shit on the work you're doing.
But what's the point of doing frame-data of the early build when it's most likely going to change?
I am probably just being ignorant here, so it'd be nice to get enlightened on the matter. ^^

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
It's cool you're doing this, and I am in no way wanting to shit on the work you're doing.
But what's the point of doing frame-data of the early build when it's most likely going to change?
I am probably just being ignorant here, so it'd be nice to get enlightened on the matter. ^^
Yes a bunch will change, but still gives you a general idea of how she plays

For example, we already know fastest normals in the game so far seems to be 7f instead of 6 like in MKX, this changes a lot of things.
So around the -6 treshold our moves are going to be safe

Just a few examples

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I wonder if they are using the +first active frame rule for the frame data. The big issue with MKX/Inj2 frame data was that it excluded the first active frame for startup, so many people got confused about the frame data only to learn that this wasn't in effect for the in-game data. Would make sense as to why her fastest normal is 7 frames.

But overall, if this is anything to go by, people weren't kidding when they said plus frames were almost non-existent. The data will definitely change, but if it keeps up this trend, offense is probably going to be largely tied to either straight 50/50s or aggressive neutral games.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I wonder if they are using the +first active frame rule for the frame data. The big issue with MKX/Inj2 frame data was that it excluded the first active frame for startup, so many people got confused about the frame data only to learn that this wasn't in effect for the in-game data. Would make sense as to why her fastest normal is 7 frames.

But overall, if this is anything to go by, people weren't kidding when they said plus frames were almost non-existent. The data will definitely change, but if it keeps up this trend, offense is probably going to be largely tied to either straight 50/50s or aggressive neutral games.
It might still be the same, startup might still be in game startup so +1 with execution which should make fastest normals around 8f
What's really intriguing now is if this is all her moveset and how they will split them among the 3 variations.

If we get Cell Siphon, Teleport and Parry in one variation will translate into MK9 Skarlet

Zaccel

Noob
If this is a trend across other characters, it'll be interesting to see how significant having only one or two options for plus frames becomes--especially in light of reduced chances for armour to break through gaps in pressure.

Is 4,4 a High/High?

EDIT: Also curious to see how Flawless Block will affect this information

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
This is really cool @Eddy Wang I was going to do the exact same thing with Baraka and Geras but with ultra Davids in depth vid and not enough screen shots I can find with Baraka thought it was a lost cause.

An early look at the frames you posted we can already see that this game is heavily favored for neutral but the early build for the frames also say so.

Her b+2 is OH 22 with 2 active frames & no cancel? So she's plays more honest than she did in mk9? Her OH in mk9 reached outside sweeps range and could be cancelled if I remember correctly.

Truly not the same Skarlet or based design in mk9 I think.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
This is really cool @Eddy Wang I was going to do the exact same thing with Baraka and Geras but with ultra Davids in depth vid and not enough screen shots I can find with Baraka thought it was a lost cause.

An early look at the frames you posted we can already see that this game is heavily favored for neutral but the early build for the frames also say so.

Her b+2 is OH 22 with 2 active frames & no cancel? So she's plays more honest than she did in mk9? Her OH in mk9 reached outside sweeps range and could be cancelled if I remember correctly.

Truly not the same Skarlet or based design in mk9 I think.
Yeah this game most active frames are around 2 to 5, and depending of how strong a move might fill a certain purpose, it goes up to 7 active frames.
This is what blew me away, to think that NRS took the extra care to not make moves over excessively active will force anyone to pick right moments to put stuff on screen when under pressure.

As for the OH, in MK9 She had basically 2 overhead launchers, when executed raw their startup were longer than most, but from her command Dash, the regular one was 18f and the ex one was 13f, to her overhead is kinda slower in Mk11.

But its not really bothering me at all because Skarlet has a lot of moves which are low starters and they are all fast and special cancelables, lots of fast pokes, and if you stand just in the slightlest without reacting to her overhead she gets to clip you with lows.

She also has blockstrings, one with blood tentacle which is -6 and adds a huge pushback, and one with blood trail which you have to block low though its much slower it adds up to the mixup since it shouldn't be a true blockstring, but with the blood tentacle being fast as said before adds to the mix.

The third option its something i'm going to test when the game comes out, her blood ball can be amplified to reduce speed and she can actually travel behind it, so i'm thinking she might be able to blocktring into amplified slow blood ball which definitely won't form a true blockstring but the delay should be enough to put people on hold and block the ball givng her enough time to add another rep with blood tentatcle or blood trail.

One note i haven't shared, her Walkspeed is huge, like super fast, its probably the fastest walking character i've seen in the game currently, so she kept her top 2 walkspeed from MK9 as well.

villainous monk

Yeah this game most active frames are around 2 to 5, and depending of how strong a move might fill a certain purpose, it goes up to 7 active frames.
This is what blew me away, to think that NRS took the extra care to not make moves over excessively active will force anyone to pick right moments to put stuff on screen when under pressure.

As for the OH, in MK9 She had basically 2 overhead launchers, when executed raw their startup were longer than most, but from her command Dash, the regular one was 18f and the ex one was 13f, to her overhead is kinda slower in Mk11.

But its not really bothering me at all because Skarlet has a lot of moves which are low starters and they are all fast and special cancelables, lots of fast pokes, and if you stand just in the slightlest without reacting to her overhead she gets to clip you with lows.

She also has blockstrings, one with blood tentacle which is -6 and adds a huge pushback, and one with blood trail which you have to block low though its much slower it adds up to the mixup since it shouldn't be a true blockstring, but with the blood tentacle being fast as said before adds to the mix.

The third option its something i'm going to test when the game comes out, her blood ball can be amplified to reduce speed and she can actually travel behind it, so i'm thinking she might be able to blocktring into amplified slow blood ball which definitely won't form a true blockstring but the delay should be enough to put people on hold and block the ball givng her enough time to add another rep with blood tentatcle or blood trail.

One note i haven't shared, her Walkspeed is huge, like super fast, its probably the fastest walking character i've seen in the game currently, so she kept her top 2 walkspeed from MK9 as well.
Yeah it's similar but not a baisc template like I assumed NRS would do.

For the active frames I'm truly happy that this is the case it means. Cancels and have to be somewhat on point and it's truly mind game for both parties if you choose amplify or enhance to keep your offense going.

Where as in previous games athe active frames varied vastly from character to character and benefited some over the rest. If this is universal across the board then this will not only be a great benefit to all characters but also to the gameplay we will see and use as it will most likely come do to the player playing the characters then relying on constant plus frames and activate frames.

I hope you know what I mean.

She does seem to have the best strings in the build so far. I think Sonya might edge her out in how many per se but not in her range. I can see she's not lost her core has she was in mk9 which is good. I think just like you it'll change when it comes to the frame rate having her 2,1,2,4 -1 on block looks like a good string to do when pressuring. Also half of her strings can be cancelled too and the active frames are still very small. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! I hope this is all universal for everyone in mk11.

Super interested in her blood tongue move that tracks... Now I am NOT HATEN but I'm "kinda" surprised it tracks. Hits mid because I couldn't see others just ducking it without blocking. Gives minimal sliding knockdown & looks plus on block. Maybe great active frames too I'm assuming 6 or 7 has it looked like has fast as it was there's potential to combo off of it without it being amplified.

I'm loving her early build so far. I am also very looking forward to seeing if this build is somewhat universal to all characters across the game.

I'm excited dudes.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
If this is a trend across other characters, it'll be interesting to see how significant having only one or two options for plus frames becomes--especially in light of reduced chances for armour to break through gaps in pressure.

Is 4,4 a High/High?

EDIT: Also curious to see how Flawless Block will affect this information
One is high mid the other is High low, if i recall correctly.
Yeah it's similar but not a baisc template like I assumed NRS would do.

For the active frames I'm truly happy that this is the case it means. Cancels and have to be somewhat on point and it's truly mind game for both parties if you choose amplify or enhance to keep your offense going.

Where as in previous games athe active frames varied vastly from character to character and benefited some over the rest. If this is universal across the board then this will not only be a great benefit to all characters but also to the gameplay we will see and use as it will most likely come do to the player playing the characters then relying on constant plus frames and activate frames.

I hope you know what I mean.

She does seem to have the best strings in the build so far. I think Sonya might edge her out in how many per se but not in her range. I can see she's not lost her core has she was in mk9 which is good. I think just like you it'll change when it comes to the frame rate having her 2,1,2,4 -1 on block looks like a good string to do when pressuring. Also half of her strings can be cancelled too and the active frames are still very small. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! I hope this is all universal for everyone in mk11.

Super interested in her blood tongue move that tracks... Now I am NOT HATEN but I'm "kinda" surprised it tracks. Hits mid because I couldn't see others just ducking it without blocking. Gives minimal sliding knockdown & looks plus on block. Maybe great active frames too I'm assuming 6 or 7 has it looked like has fast as it was there's potential to combo off of it without it being amplified.

I'm loving her early build so far. I am also very looking forward to seeing if this build is somewhat universal to all characters across the game.

I'm excited dudes.
The blood tongue is called Blood tentacle
And its not plus, its -6 but it has a massive pushback so its basically safe and it doesn't track, what it does however is having multiple commands which alters where blood tentacle will spawn.

As of now, i have updated her frame data with the special moves i could see here is the updated list, which is obviously updated on the OP as well.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1um3PS-18rxtHbuOiUPQQ5hIcKGA2YKw_-13CqvPaOaQ/edit?usp=sharing

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
@Eddy Wang What video(s) did you get your frame data from? I've been looking for DAYS and was missing a ton of stuff for Skarlet.

Thanks.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
@Eddy Wang What video(s) did you get your frame data from? I've been looking for DAYS and was missing a ton of stuff for Skarlet.

Thanks.
A Re-upload of some of the UK stations from the reveal, managed to see a dude scrolling up all normals, combos and all specials he had equipped, the rest are from other videos of people pausing to look at command lists, i downloaded those videos.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
A Re-upload of some of the UK stations from the reveal, managed to see a dude scrolling up all normals, combos and all specials he had equipped, the rest are from other videos of people pausing to look at command lists, i downloaded those videos.
Link please?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Just found the Kombat Tether video. Thank you... Now I'm really only missing the "4" moves attacks with Sonya and most Geras normals. Mostly complete with the 7 demo characters.

I did find some errors on your data:

Back Throw hit advantage is +13 not +3
and
Short Hop Kick is 8 frame startup not 9

Looks like for Skarlet I just need the following special move data now:
  • Retch-Rebution
  • Killer Clot
  • Red Mist

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Just found the Kombat Tether video. Thank you... Now I'm really only missing the "4" moves attacks with Sonya and most Geras normals. Mostly complete with the 7 demo characters.

I did find some errors on your data:

Back Throw hit advantage is +13 not +3
and
Short Hop Kick is 8 frame startup not 9

Looks like for Skarlet I just need the following special move data now:
  • Retch-Rebution
  • Killer Clot
  • Red Mist
will correct those

villainous monk

One is high mid the other is High low, if i recall correctly.

The blood tongue is called Blood tentacle
And its not plus, its -6 but it has a massive pushback so its basically safe and it doesn't track, what it does however is having multiple commands which alters where blood tentacle will spawn.

As of now, i have updated her frame data with the special moves i could see here is the updated list, which is obviously updated on the OP as well.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1um3PS-18rxtHbuOiUPQQ5hIcKGA2YKw_-13CqvPaOaQ/edit?usp=sharing
Ahh I see. Thank you for the corrections. Appreciate it.

I wonder if it'll still have that strong of a pushback come release. I extremely glad that it takes certain inputs to exicute it at different distances like Geras sand traps.

Now if... If this is kinda what NRS is going for instead of making moves auto track without forethought then truly this game is going to have real depth.

Going to see if I can look through all the vids online again and see what I can do for Baraka and Geras.