What's new

Skarlet / Sub Zero Matchup Indepth Guide Episode 1: Game Start Distance

Mormel

Noob
This covers frame data, strategies, defensive and offensive options at Game Start Distance!
This, in my opinion, is a fascinating matchup that tests every flaw Skarlet has with one of the fastest punishers in the game, Sub Zero. I discuss what Skarlet can do at the beginning of the fight.
This is the first episode in a series where I cover the matchup by Distance, I hope to cover this matchup at Ideal Distance, Close Distance, and Round Start distance. I hope this helps you, I want to make these vidoes because I feel the MK11 fgc scene is lacking in matchup content.

Last edited:

mrapchem

Noob
I run this match with a good friend fairly often and though I don't think necessarily that one character dominates the other, I do think Sub has the advantage here.

Mormel

Noob
I run this match with a good friend fairly often and though I don't think necessarily that one character dominates the other, I do think Sub has the advantage here.
The fact he can flawless block and punish with a slide for no meter instead of a block attack is very telling of how more relatively careful Skarlet has to play.

mrapchem

Noob
The fact he can flawless block and punish with a slide for no meter instead of a block attack is very telling of how more relatively careful Skarlet has to play.
Yeah, she has to tread lightly against him - she can't do her regular zoning thing against him.