What's new

Match Footage Skarlet Match Videos

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Yeah, the d3 dose her well in avoiding projectiles. Wakeup dash is good and I kinda understand of doing it on random but the downside of it is soon or later it will become a habit, witch is bad. I wonder how You doin with Kitana mu. This fight is always going through hell for me.

AssassiN

Noob
Recent offline tournament where a match of mine was recorded(commentary done by MoonSpell):

I played horrible throughout the tournament, kept dropping inputs and combo's + not AA'ing.
Could have used her armor more against Sub against his pressure and iceballs.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Recent offline tournament where a match of mine was recorded(commentary done by MoonSpell):

I played horrible throughout the tournament, kept dropping inputs and combo's + not AA'ing.
Could have used her armor more against Sub against his pressure and iceballs.
Man, you look soooo free.:D
Pls let injustice rest a bit, MK = Serious business.

Taco was perfect for U3's AA and lots of armor trough with up slash xD good games, but need to polish you skill decreased ^^
I've been playing lots of MK these last days, even if my skarlet doesn't look top shape, i still probably have almost all her defense down.

AssassiN

Noob

Taco was perfect for U3's AA and lots of armor trough with up slash xD good games, but need to polish you skill decreased ^^
I've been playing lots of MK these last days, even if my skarlet doesn't look top shape, i still probably have almost all her defense down.

I know man...
Was a mistake of mine to have barely played MK9 for this tournament.

If you want to see some MoonSpell footage:

Qwark28

Joker waiting room

Why not offer advice instead of saying he's free?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
i don't have anything else to say to him, specially to him because he knows exacly what went wrong with him.

He is really good, he is just out of practice ^^
so you wouldnt tell him he can red dash anything subzero does after -4 slide?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
so you wouldnt tell him he can red dash anything subzero does after -4 slide?
believe me there is nothing else to teach AssassiN, he was me, Ninj, and RedRaptor10, skarlet practitioner, he knows how to use her, he should. He knows exactly what he should be doing along the way, he commited way too much mistakes, MoonSpell played a lot better at some point.

Besides this is a MU that we definitely covered around the time MK9 was active, repeating myself would be nice if i found that necessary.

AssassiN froze during the game play, he blocked his reads, his rd pressure, didn't AA, didn't zone sub-zero, didn't lockdown ice clone by staying close, wasted too much meter on rd-rs just to get in, didn't punish ice balls with Ex dash, there was a time i though he would block a slide and punish his way for a win, he jumped instead and missed the punish.

The Johnny Cage MU is a bit similar to how you play against sub-zero, you need to play backwards, and zone him, bait a mistake and punish by keep sending him away.

TACo was the jump fest on both games, on Moonspell he was a bit more carefully because Moonspell was actually punish him, there is at least 7 different ways of dealing with jump in while playing skarlet.
1 - AA with standing 1 on read, kind of risky due the horizontal hitbox reach problem.
2 - AA with standing 3, requires very presice read and the timing has to be perfect
3 - U3 on antecipation or on Read, to catch him between decisions.
4 - F4 on precise reads, timing also has to be perfect but the room to a good punish is generally the same as Standing 3 on startup
5 - Fully walkback and Whiff punish the jump in punch with a F4, inside the frame window where any opponent can't block after a jump in punch. If they go for a jump Kick, they usually block crouching, here it should be Rd~ex Downslash.
6- D3 to avoid the crossup and F4 punish the character while he is attacking after he lands, armor is a way to not lose this trade against characters who have fast mids.
7 - (Red Dash/back dash) away from the jump, and read the next move before attacking.

When one's attack is being shut by the space Skarlet can cover, and if this character lacks good mobility in air, and has slow projectile, the character in question if is loosing on life lead, this character will jump to get an opening, you have to be there 100% of time he takes this decision to force them to commit more and more mistakes.

Saltea Moonspell

This is my friend Marinhomk9 in my opinion one of the best Brazilian skarlet players

Brasil has a very good Skarlet in deed. Aggressive with good mix ups packed with pretty good execution though I gotta say sometimes he lacked a good meter management.
The opponent on the other hand did nothing but block and low block every overhead that was thrown at him.
If the opponent had punish at least of of whiffed or blocked attack He would have to play smarter (he was very risky, but he knew that opp was allowing him to be)

Over all, it was nice to watch (as always) Skarlet in heavy rushdown and that what I enjoyed the most of this video.

AssassiN

Noob
I'd say the only thing he needs to watch out for is meter management.
Otherwise he's got good confirms, good execution, mix-ups and spacing.

And yeah, it would have helped if his opponent knew the MU.

ryublaze

Noob
This is my friend Marinhomk9 in my opinion one of the best Brazilian skarlet players

yea what every1 else said. It looks like he has a very good understanding of Skarlet.

My suggestions:
- use more red dash in combos
- use f2121+2 after jip (there were many times where he landed the jip and did 114 and didn't get a combo)
- instant air daggers
- play more keepaway in the JC matchup
- stay away from f33 string

otherwise overall his Skarlet is looking pretty good.

Saltea Moonspell

Its been a while...
Hopefully this week or next i'll record some of my matches and share.
@Eddy Wang I would like to see how You go against Cyrax if thats possible in particular.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Its been a while...
Hopefully this week or next i'll record some of my matches and share.
@Eddy Wang I would like to see how You go against Cyrax if thats possible in particular.
I tagged you to the last angolan tournament top 4 haven't you seen it?

In the Finish Him i fought mostly Cyrax trough the entire tournament, since i haven't posting much skarlet vids in a while, maybe you want to check those above and give your feed back.
I'm also human, and sometimes i also do miss place my pace, my reads and sometimes my execution its not always the best, but there is something everyone keeps saying i have, quickest adaption.

Against Cyrax

grand Finals

Vs a Random Mileena

Wastelands 2013

Against Kabal

Against Sonya

I've lost the winners finals but quickly i corrected all my mistakes in the grand finals
(winners finals)

the correction in grand finals

Saltea Moonspell

@Eddy Wang
I havent seen those, i've red that You won a tournament but somehow I missed those videos.
Regarding those fights:

Imo,
The Cyrax You have there lacks execution and at is best midi core level - there was no reason for him to win. You on the other hand played Your game.
As for the rest, the only one who truly was a threat was the KL player. None the less You took the championship and that counts.
You have some good players there but they are behind You when it comes to real play. And I mean in terms of punishing, executing pressure, hit confirms understanding the mechanics like You do and so on.

I havent record anything as we play really rarely lately but I will try to record couple of seets and share.

Thank You for the links Edd :)

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
@Eddy Wang
I havent seen those, i've red that You won a tournament but somehow I missed those videos.
Regarding those fights:

Imo,
The Cyrax You have there lacks execution and at is best midi core level - there was no reason for him to win. You on the other hand played Your game.
As for the rest, the only one who truly was a threat was the KL player. None the less You took the championship and that counts.
You have some good players there but they are behind You when it comes to real play. And I mean in terms of punishing, executing pressure, hit confirms understanding the mechanics like You do and so on.

I havent record anything as we play really rarely lately but I will try to record couple of seets and share.

Thank You for the links Edd :)
Thats because i'm mostly not human when i play MK, many others get caught by Tournament nevers, they hands start shaking so they missplace lots of things.

BM-T confessed to be annoyed by my game because he felt he couldn't get in, so this force to players like him to commit mistakes.

I know some of them aren't the best, but i have seen worst, way worst.
In my country i'm considered the only player on a tier of my own, a match between them might be close, but against me is a complete different thing.

I only ask you this, if you were to compete here, where do you think you would be placing? top 3? because i can asure you at least 6 ppl what you're underestimating. ^^

Last edited:

Saltea Moonspell

I only ask you this, if you were to compete here, where do you think you would be placing? top 3? because i can asure you at least 6 ppl what you're underestimating. ^^
As much as I would like to give an answer to your first question I am afraid Its really hard to bring such speculation - where would I be placing.
I think I am far behind players like You or Scar.
Eddie, All I had in mind is that they were not at the same level that you were from technical point of view.
On a side note, I meant no disrespect if that might cross Your or anybodies mind.
I might be wrong - my opinion was based on performance I saw on those videos - You know them better and If You say this is black then I have no reason to say it is gray.

Peace brother from another Mother :)