What's new

Match-up Discussion Skarlet Match-Up Chart

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
alright thanks for tagging him, that mu annoys me alot.
I understand what you mean, i got destroyed on the fist day DarkSlayerSmith came with a basic rushdown Kabal, its a matter of timing your interruption when you guess he is going to extend the pressure. this the little insight i got for playing other Kabals in my country.

I had to know what to do and yet timing my interruptions well to start dealing with kabal pressure.
i.e:
F4~NDC~D3
there is 5 frame gap before his D3 comes out, if you try to armor out, his d3 will just go under the upslash, which is bullshit, sum 5(ndc gap)+7( execution) of D3 and you've got 12 frames gap to interrupt with a mid, sadly, skarlet fastest mid is 13f startup, so you'll have to use d3 instead to stop his and F4 counter if he tries to move. Or you can jump out of it, which is a good position for skarlet to land a jip 114~EDC~f212,1+2~rd~rs blockstring on him, a good way to reverse pressure

Kabal pressure ends when you block his D3, if he tries to F4 afterwards would be a gap of -16 frames where you could put a 21~rd punisher or a F4 punisher in the middle if you have a very good muscle memory to move right after d3 gets blocked B1 or F3 are even slower than F4 and the gap would increase from 16 to 20 frames.
standing 2 hits high and can't be used on skarlet hitbox because it whiffs when she crouches, it will also whiff when she uses F4, that will go under 2ndc pressure and give her an upper hand to punish 2ndc.

if you check the kabal pressure sistem on his community forum, you'll see Skarlet is on the same hitbox league as Kung Lao, because is so low that he can only use F32 and b12 strings to pressure Skarlet, gladly they're both slow enough that you'll always have 2f room to interrupt his pressure with 10f strings or 2f armor startup.

Try to staying more crouched to avoid 2ndc, and if you're crazy as i am, you'll interrupt with f4.

i have problem with is zoning, no one uses it at the lowest possible level here besides me, so i can't develop anti-zoning techs on kabal besides his ground saw that will hardly be used when she has meter.

Here hope this helps
http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/anti-pressure-thread.24223/

Shootouts to AssassiN[be]

this is the insight of Pig Of The Hut and L0rdoftheFLY i honestly still believe is 5-5, he has good options to stop a very good skarlet if he lets her doing her reads 1st
i still have this matchup as 6-4 skarlet with a possible 5-5 it all comes down to who stays with the most meter, and MIT i will get back with u on this MU def a 6-4 kabal favor depending on the kabals knowledge of the matchup, but it can be overcome with good mixups and reads, but in all this is a problematic matchup, ill give some insight once im around a better internet connection.

i still have this matchup as 6-4 skarlet with a possible 5-5 it all comes down to who stays with the most meter, and MIT i will get back with u on this MU def a 6-4 kabal favor depending on the kabals knowledge of the matchup, but it can be overcome with good mixups and reads, but in all this is a problematic matchup, ill give some insight once im around a better internet connection.
aight thanks bruh

I understand what you mean, i got destroyed on the fist day DarkSlayerSmith came with a basic rushdown Kabal, its a matter of timing your interruption when you guess he is going to extend the pressure. this the little insight i got for playing other Kabals in my country.

I had to know what to do and yet timing my interruptions well to start dealing with kabal pressure.
i.e:
F4~NDC~D3
there is 5 frame gap before his D3 comes out, if you try to armor out, his d3 will just go under the upslash, which is bullshit, sum 5(ndc gap)+7( execution) of D3 and you've got 12 frames gap to interrupt with a mid, sadly, skarlet fastest mid is 13f startup, so you'll have to use d3 instead to stop his and F4 counter if he tries to move. Or you can jump out of it, which is a good position for skarlet to land a jip 114~EDC~f212,1+2~rd~rs blockstring on him, a good way to reverse pressure

Kabal pressure ends when you block his D3, if he tries to F4 afterwards would be a gap of -16 frames where you could put a 21~rd punisher or a F4 punisher in the middle if you have a very good muscle memory to move right after d3 gets blocked B1 or F3 are even slower than F4 and the gap would increase from 16 to 20 frames.
standing 2 hits high and can't be used on skarlet hitbox because it whiffs when she crouches, it will also whiff when she uses F4, that will go under 2ndc pressure and give her an upper hand to punish 2ndc.

if you check the kabal pressure sistem on his community forum, you'll see Skarlet is on the same hitbox league as Kung Lao, because is so low that he can only use F32 and b12 strings to pressure Skarlet, gladly they're both slow enough that you'll always have 2f room to interrupt his pressure with 10f strings or 2f armor startup.

Try to staying more crouched to avoid 2ndc, and if you're crazy as i am, you'll interrupt with f4.

i have problem with is zoning, no one uses it at the lowest possible level here besides me, so i can't develop anti-zoning techs on kabal besides his ground saw that will hardly be used when she has meter.

Here hope this helps
http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/anti-pressure-thread.24223/

Shootouts to AssassiN[be]
very good insight, thanks for the help alot, didn't even know all this stuff haha, much appreciated.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
this is the insight of Pig Of The Hut and L0rdoftheFLY i honestly still believe is 5-5, he has good options to stop a very good skarlet if he lets her doing her reads 1st
i think its 5-5 as well w possibility of 6-4 skarlet favor

i think my chart says that

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I completely agree with FlY here, these 4 MU need a very good exploration, i think i've squeezed everything from Jax and KL MU

Sup skarlet buddies, alright since I have been working with her, I'm actually having a real issue vs kabal, the help would be appreciated. I can get past his zoning and stuff, but it isn't easy staying in on him, if i'm correct, she has some option selects for his wakeups with her armor right?
ok so whats giving u problems MIT, when u say zoning and "stuff" what u mean by stuff?, as far as his wakeup u can do a well timed f4 into ex RD, u have an option of grabbing, upslash, downslash, or more pressure, in this matchup a well timed dagger between his zoning will give u time to RD in, but u have to feel it out, i hope u have ur cancels out of regular daggers on point u will need it, also its always best to keep atleast 1 meter 4 this matchup, u wanna get in between his zoning, naked ex dash while he is gas blasting in the air, this will give u time to start up your pressure, n most likely get ur meter back.

ok so whats giving u problems MIT, when u say zoning and "stuff" what u mean by stuff?, as far as his wakeup u can do a well timed f4 into ex RD, u have an option of grabbing, upslash, downslash, or more pressure, in this matchup a well timed dagger between his zoning will give u time to RD in, but u have to feel it out, i hope u have ur cancels out of regular daggers on point u will need it, also its always best to keep atleast 1 meter 4 this matchup, u wanna get in between his zoning, naked ex dash while he is gas blasting in the air, this will give u time to start up your pressure, n most likely get ur meter back.
i have real issues staying on him, i can manage to pressure him for a while, but when he gets away, i'm forced to use meter to get back in. Should i option select his wakeups with armor to make sure he can't escape with an ex dash or buzzsaw/hook grab. Also what's the best way for her to deal with crossups? i sometimes can manage to land a standing 2 to a full combo on ppl, but i want to know a way where she can blow up cross ups consistently. As far as footsies go, f4,3 and d3 seem to be good options for her.

i have real issues staying on him, i can manage to pressure him for a while, but when he gets away, i'm forced to use meter to get back in. Should i option select his wakeups with armor to make sure he can't escape with an ex dash or buzzsaw/hook grab. Also what's the best way for her to deal with crossups? i sometimes can manage to land a standing 2 to a full combo on ppl, but i want to know a way where she can blow up cross ups consistently. As far as footsies go, f4,3 and d3 seem to be good options for her.
best way to deal with crossups is d3 to avoid them since it lowers skarlets hitbox,if they whiff a jump in punch it would give u a chance to start up your pressure, if they jump kick u its better then a full combo, dont over do it tho because ur opponent will start to see this and deep jik into combo, get use to using skarlets uppercut too its fast enough to blow up cross ups, dont try to be a hero everytime someone crosses u up,, also work on d1 into dagger, dash in, 112, rd into pressure as an AA, i wouldnt recommend trying to option select his wakeups unless u sure he will do nomad dash, or flash parry, if do decide to option select stick with fast execution moves such as, upslash, also if u option select and he doesnt flash parry and lets an regular nd go, blow it up with f4 full combo punish. Well used, well timed, regular dagger cancels, into red dash to get in are ur best friend in this matchup, other then using armor, this will be ur best way to stay in work on where and when to use it, but dont be wreckless because trades arent in ur favor, if i know u MIT, u love poke wars, skarlet is good for this, u should know the gaps in kabals pressure and how to use d3,d4 to start up your pressure, once u feel ur pressure ending such as an f2 1 2 1+2, ex dagger, and u KNOW they are gonna poke out try dashing backwards into f4 after the ex dagger this will blow up any attempt to try to poke out of skarlet pressure, if caught they can get blown up full combo, or u can just add more pressure and meter.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Corner Kabal is also a very good option, he gets really powerless when he is cornered, and not even with meter or buzzsaw he can't escape a krimson dash corner lockup

Corner Kabal is also a very good option, he gets really powerless when he is cornered, and not even with meter or buzzsaw he can't escape a krimson dash corner lockup
yea ive also been incorporating the b1 1 3 splat otg alot midscreen and corner it really messes with ur opponents mind and disables/defects kabals wakeup game, so MIT that would be good to use to

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
If this MU chart is real...where would she belong on the tier list? There may be a few wrong MU here But I feel this is pretty damn close.

If Lao, Kenshi, Sonya, and Cyrax are all fighting for top 5 behind kabal, and Skarlet goes even or possibly beats some of them...as well as beats 90% of characters below that point (or goes even) wouldnt that put her in top 5 or possibly top 7? Who would beat her based on MU chart numbers. This makes her look REALLY good.

thoughts?

AssassiN

Noob
I agree that some MU might need some reconsideration, we're saying they are 5-5 MU while they are saying it's a 4-6 MU.
I'd say she's on the 6th spot for now, a lot of people are putting her outside of top 10 and I think that's a mistake.
Only because you haven't seen her at her best in tournament play at a major does not mean she ain't a top 10 character.

Sad part is that this depends entirely on USA Skarlets, bigger tournaments and the focus of the community lies on there.
Doesn't matter what Eddy, me, Saja, Stack, ... do in tournaments with her.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I agree that some MU might need some reconsideration, we're saying they are 5-5 MU while they are saying it's a 4-6 MU.
I'd say she's on the 6th spot for now, a lot of people are putting her outside of top 10 and I think that's a mistake.
Only because you haven't seen her at her best in tournament play at a major does not mean she ain't a top 10 character.

Sad part is that this depends entirely on USA Skarlets, bigger tournaments and the focus of the community lies on there.
Doesn't matter what Eddy, me, Saja, Stack, ... do in tournaments with her.
Oh it matters. If all of you guys start winning tournaments with her it will matter. What matters is what I can do with her at FR and if I can go to EVO.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Oh it matters. If all of you guys start winning tournaments with her it will matter. What matters is what I can do with her at FR and if I can go to EVO.
When i win a tournament with Skarlet its always "ppl didn't know the MU" when recently i've discovered, that if i use other character in the game i get bodied by the Angolan community.

I actually think Skarlet only has 1 or 2 bad MU and its not even Kabal

Mosp

Noob
When i win a tournament with Skarlet its always "ppl didn't know the MU" when recently i've discovered, that if i use other character in the game i get bodied by the Angolan community.

I actually think Skarlet only has 1 or 2 bad MU and its not even Kabal

Which matchups would you say are her worst?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Which matchups would you say are her worst?
Cyrax, shuts down Skarlet mobility better than Kabal honestly, even if she can time ex dash with bomb setups, she takes much more risks to defeat cyrax than Kabal.

I would say sonya also has pretty good shots to deal up with what Skarlet gameplay design is aimed for.