What's new

General/Other Skarlet: I predict will be the next bandwagon

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Stop warning all the Cage's abo...nevermind, it won't save them.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2
lol it would be like playing any other character with armor, bait and punish, it won't save skarlet players from getting caged :p

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Low hit box characters make her life hard. F212 strings don't work with dc. You are stuck with b11f4 rd slide or bait them blocking and do 114 while standing. Then f212 will hit.

She is a force. She is harder to use than Kabal but I think the reward is higher. Kabal is good without dash cancels. Skarlet has to have high execution to be viable at all.
You ain't kidding, Lordy.

I've been in the lab with her the last few hours, and...Fuck. Fucking fuck.
Every. Fucking. Tactic. She has.
You've gotta have timing. You've gotta have timing on top of your timing.
As you said, Kabal's not AS bad, as he gets somewhat easier once NDC's are no longer a concern.
There IS no easy with Skarlet.
And as far as online...no. If there's one thing I've learned from Rain/his players, it's that some characters in this game just are not capable of kicking the same amount of ass online, especially not someone whose tactics have to be as precise as hers.

That being said...
The reset.
The Daggers.
The Air Daggers.
The blockstrings from hell, back to hell, then slightly out of hell only to return again.
The high-low options.
The woman is fucking dangerous. And I must have her.

Let's - go - Skar - let. *CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP*

This is my first ever post on tym, ive alwys browsed over topics but never joined, but this topic is disturbing to my ears, where a yr into mortal kombat and i have been playing skarlet since the time she was released and must admit dropped her 4 a while just like most ppl did at the time because of her execution, but told myself i WILL get better with this character and now that is who i am most known 4, i started as an online warrior but thanks to showtime and cat i am a force to be wrecken with offline now, i will be going to mlg and as an original skarlet user ( who knows all the mk character matchups from online n offline play) i will do my best to show just how much of a sleeping giant she is, its one thing to join a bandwagon and know the basics of a character, its another to know what to do with her against the rest of the cast, props to the rest of the original users who remained dedicated to her, i seen a certain guy play on stream recently who i blew up with my skarlet at Texas Show and too my suprise and laughter and horror at the same time he tried using skarlet in tournament play ( mind u this guy never used skarlet before seeing what i did with her) now he tried to make an attempt of doing some of my sh*t n failed miserably, u cant just pik up skarlet n one day n think ur gonna blow ppl up she is no cage...anyways see u ppl at mlg cant wait...really cant wait :/

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
This is my first ever post on tym, ive alwys browsed over topics but never joined, but this topic is disturbing to my ears, where a yr into mortal kombat and i have been playing skarlet since the time she was released and must admit dropped her 4 a while just like most ppl did at the time because of her execution, but told myself i WILL get better with this character and now that is who i am most known 4, i started as an online warrior but thanks to showtime and cat i am a force to be wrecken with offline now, i will be going to mlg and as an original skarlet user ( who knows all the mk character matchups from online n offline play) i will do my best to show just how much of a sleeping giant she is, its one thing to join a bandwagon and know the basics of a character, its another to know what to do with her against the rest of the cast, props to the rest of the original users who remained dedicated to her, i seen a certain guy play on stream recently who i blew up with my skarlet at Texas Show and too my suprise and laughter and horror at the same time he tried using skarlet in tournament play ( mind u this guy never used skarlet before seeing what i did with her) now he tried to make an attempt of doing some of my sh*t n failed miserably, u cant just pik up skarlet n one day n think ur gonna blow ppl up she is no cage...anyways see u ppl at mlg cant wait...really cant wait :/
I'd like to see your Skarlet sometime. I wish you were going to Evo.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
So glad seeing Skarlet having, finally, the attention level she deserves ..... she is both either underused and underrated, once considered one of lowest tier in some list, now, people are figuring out her true potential .... she is deadly, and good Skarlet players will show off this, sooner or later, this year, hehe :D

Among all good tools she has, her corner game is ultra dangerous, using Skarlet with good timing, you can tear people apart there .....:cool:

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Don't worry. No one is gonna pick her up for more than a week. You would think they would be more kabal players Cus of reo. Or more jax players Cus of cdjr but those char are not easy to win with without dedication

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Skarlet can zone? LOL. What is wrong with you fools? Daggers do chip damage on hit. Cage can outzone this character with his awful projectiles.

Also, Freddy will never be a bandwagon character because he has a few difficult match ups. Once people realize they cannot sit back and throw projectiles vs. the likes of Kung Lao and Smoke, time to go back to f+3 and d+4 xx MS f+1 as IKizzle says. LOL. Besides, you have to block a lot with Freddy because he has no armor moves, and scrubs do not like blocking.
im not talking about daggers

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
i think you missed my point

i was giving you props

you and i know you cant pick her up and be good with her in a week

You cant be good w anyone in a week including kenshi as you know

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
Most posts in the skarlet forums have gotten 5-10 posts, sometimes more over the course of months. With 114 in this one already, it might be fair to say that the bandwagon is well on its way.

Khaotic_xShangx

Fear the Skulls
hey scar when do yall have yall casuals in houston. I at least want to come down atleast once before comic palooza to play all of yall. You inspired me to get better with her in which i have and her and shang are going to be my tournament people from now on. I glad the dallas scene is picking back up too. I have great players to train with now.

GambitTheFirst

Just some bees, please.
Well I bought her the day she came out, really liked her, played her for a bit but never really quite "got her" at the time. Now I picked her up again maybe a month or so ago and this time round I've got a much better grasp of what she's about. And she is THE MOST FUN I've had with a character since picking up Shang Tsung. Yeah she can be hard to use online, lag screws the timing on some of your cancels and your aa's, but I am still having a blast playing her.

That said, I don't think there will be much of a Skarlet bandwaggon. Everyone knows how much of a beast Kabal is but I don't think there was ever a Kabal bandwaggon, just a few extra people who went "Wow REO's Kabal is sick, I want to do that", few people got it together, the rest just quickly failed and gave up. Guess that's techincally a small bandwaggon, but iduno...

She's a difficult character to use (in the grand scheme of MK9, but frankly that doesn't say much now does it really :p, but why would the masses use someone who's more difficult to use than other good characters), other "bandwaggon" characters so far like Cage at least have easy basics that people can get straight into.

Altaire

Noob
Aren't we currently riding the cage bandwagon? I predict the skarlet bandwagon will be as successful as the Kabal bandwagon.
This. Smoke and Cage are easy for bandwagon characters, because it doesn't take a whole lot of time or effort to learn them; I'm not saying it doesn't take a whole lot of time or effort to SUCCEED with them, just that they're very straightforward characters. The Jax bandwagon was simple, because you don't have to learn shit to play Jax. A Skarlet bandwagon wouldn't last any longer than the Kabal bandwagon did, because she's 1) very complicated 2) very execution-heavy and 3) somewhat counterintuitive. You can't just hop on a Skarlet bandwagon, you need to dedicate yourself to learning the character. I've been playing her since around August, and I STILL don't feel like I'm fully utilizing this character. She may just be the most intricate character in the game.

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
Doesn't take much effort or speculation to figure out the next bandwagon character.
Just ask Boxy where the next stop is, he's driving ^_^

With the hype over XBlades on the egp stream the other night, I assumed we passed Cagetown and are now entering Kang County

Edit : JINX!!!!

Alice

Haaave you met Sektor?
Too bad that bandwagon shit will influence players who can't decide over their mains, i don't feel like it have any positive impact on the Mk community, however this is the only way that people discover characters and this is how each character can level up in the eyes of the community. Hope it will happen with the whole cast and after that we can put this down and...and Mk10 will come out. So it starts all over again..shit...

Edit: Blue robot wagon? Nah? Anybody? I feel like im handicapped because i play him. :D

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
You have to look at the meta game to determine who the next flavor of the month character will be. Cage and Sonya are getting a lot of hate right now which means the next character will be in retaliation to them. The next FOTM will undoubtedly be Kenshi followed by Kung Lao as the an answer to Kenshi.