What's new

Skarlet General Discussion Thread

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
So just realized skarlets parry is too slow to be used against flawless block up2s shitty :/
She can't do shit about 9f u2/u3 or faster, but you can from 124 use 12~tentacle to mess around their 124 flawless block timing.

Against 9f u2 when they adjust to flawless block 12~tentacle, then 12 jab~parry will be flawless blocked but it will beat u2s

I covered this before but no one cares anymore.

For 8f u2, you have to use b3 parry, but there is no viable way to make b3 hit on a flawless block timing

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Not that I've seen other than Killer Clot is banned from custom variations.

Well that's not totally true, her jailing from D1 isn't a 1 frame link anymore as her D1 is now +14 and with her S1 being 7F that's an easier jail.

Wavy

Block Spammer
  • Skarlet - Silent Stab (Down + Front Punch) now has 1 more recovery frame on miss, and 3 more frames of hit advantage on a grounded opponent
  • Skarlet - Spear Strike (Down + Front Kick) is now -7 on block (up from -10)
  • Skarlet - Spinning Scythe (Down + Back Kick) is now -13 on block (down from -12), has 4 less recovery frames on miss, and 3 more frames of hit advantage on a grounded opponent
  • Skarlet - Removed some instances where Red Mist could damage opponents when they are invulnerable to attacks
lol

• Skarlet - Silent Stab (Down + Front Punch) now has 1 more recovery frame on miss, and 3 more frames of hit advantage on a grounded opponent
  • Skarlet - Spear Strike (Down + Front Kick) is now -7 on block (up from -10)
  • Skarlet - Spinning Scythe (Down + Back Kick) is now -13 on block (down from -12), has 4 less recovery frames on miss, and 3 more frames of hit advantage on a grounded opponent
  • Skarlet - Removed some instances where Red Mist could damage opponents when they are invulnerable to attacks
lol
Those are noticeable improvements.
-D1 can now jail off most of her strings. D1 into 44 is now legit and puts distance between her and the opponent while leaving her at +6.
-D3 was always good and being that its now -7 instead of-10 means she no longer needs to space it to make it harder to punish. Its completely safe now except for the very few who has 6f d1.
-D4 having 4 less recovery frames on whiff will help her from getting punished from jump ins since she will recover a bit faster.
-As for red mist, that seems more along the lines of fixing something that wasn't intentional.

These won't shoot her up in the tier list because apparently there was no changes in any of her abilities nor faster mids. But at least now she has more options off of d1 and d3.

I just ran a 10 win streak with Skarlet. This d1 change is so good its crazy. The only thing that I would change is make f2 hit box connect a little higher. It hurts my heart to have some one jump over it.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
What a shame : /
She has better pokes in general, Skarlet has been really good since aftermath, this patch just seals the deal.

I just ran a 10 win streak with Skarlet. This d1 change is so good its crazy. The only thing that I would change is make f2 hit box connect a little higher. It hurts my heart to have some one jump over it.
They can't jump on reaction, learn to be patient a bit and wait for them to jump, and then just standing 4 as anti-air.
44 has made skarlet's 124 kinda.. pointless? Except for some converts and anti airs?
Actually no, as 124 is still hit confirmable.

The point of playing skarlet since aftermath it's force them to break away so you can utilize the strings with gaps, as they can't do anything about it.
And this translates well since aftermath indeed as her neutral game is a lot stronger with better pokes.

plus everyone else got their poke nerfed to -5 and -6, and Skarlet has a -5 poke, so it's not the worse in the game while not being the best, but her movement compliments her playstyle.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
basically
but 44 is life
its like the best thing about skarlet
while 44 does extra turns every time it works, once they break away it's hunting season, and spamming anything even 124 into tentacles does a lot of chip, 44 gives pushback so you can't do this mid screen.
But i do love the fact that 44 in the corner resembles her F212,1+2 string in MK9 midscreen, she could loop it for free chip, and MK11 skarlet can still loop it in the corner as a mixup tool, if they try to jump or interrupt and you read it you can still punish both options.
Which is why she is stronger at the wall.

Wavy

Block Spammer
What's everyone's go-to variation? I've been messing around with retched-rebution because it's different but I'm still unsure if it's worth it over Boiling Point. Having a restand is nice though I guess. Mostly been running parry and teleport still.

What's everyone's go-to variation? I've been messing around with retched-rebution because it's different but I'm still unsure if it's worth it over Boiling Point. Having a restand is nice though I guess. Mostly been running parry and teleport still.
I have 3 I'm using.

1) Blood flow and teleport. This has super strong smothering pressure.

2) Heart pierce with cell siphon.

3) Meme set with red rain, boiling point, and parry. I use this just to hit that 22.5% boiling point with the buff.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
heart pierce with any BF4
If you really want to go out of your way, Teleport and Blood flow

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Just curious, why is blood flow and teleport out the way? I've been having huge success with it!
BF4 are on a category of their own. it's not a bad pick, it's just that teleport parry and damage will do a lot more for the character in all aspect she lacks, even whiff punish and restand are such a big deal.

Side note, there is 1 stealth buff she got, her standing 4 is now 10f instead of 11, if you guys remember we couldn't jail from d1, but they made it 10f, not only it's faster at punishing new things, but also helps a lot in combo fillers and consistency, i gotta check if some hard to do combos are possible now.

Levaranoia

War God
BF4 are on a category of their own. it's not a bad pick, it's just that teleport parry and damage will do a lot more for the character in all aspect she lacks, even whiff punish and restand are such a big deal.

Side note, there is 1 stealth buff she got, her standing 4 is now 10f instead of 11, if you guys remember we couldn't jail from d1, but they made it 10f, not only it's faster at punishing new things, but also helps a lot in combo fillers and consistency, i gotta check if some hard to do combos are possible now.
Stand 4 was always 10 frames. It's just there is more hit advantage on down 1 thus it can jail.