What's new

Skarlet General Discussion Thread

Mormel

Noob
I posted this in the Sub Zero forum and I'll try not to duplicate threads.

Here is an indepth guide to the Skarlet / Sub Zero matchup at Game Start distance. I'd like to contribute to more matchup content in MK11

Nevan_PTF

All your mains belong to me!
Fellas, are there any advantageous situations by ending a combo, like 212 ..., in 44 Teleport?

I haven't tested it at, but since I've been watching VanillaIceCreamy these past days, he does that a few times, midscreen, and I was wondering if there's any setup after.

Inzzane_79

Every time someone farts, a demon gets his wings
Fellas, are there any advantageous situations by ending a combo, like 212 ..., in 44 Teleport?

I haven't tested it at, but since I've been watching VanillaIceCreamy these past days, he does that a few times, midscreen, and I was wondering if there's any setup after.
My guess would be to be close to them compared to when you use (Variation 1) the tongue that puts them half screen away from you

Alex_Smith

The artist formerly known as blueNINE.
https://mortalkombatgamessupport.wbgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/360041627554-Official-MK11-PS4-XB1-Patch-Notes-01-21-20
  • Skarlet - Adjusted the hit region of Bloody Boots (Getup / Block Attack Up + Back Punch)
  • Skarlet - Bloodport Far now costs 2 bars of Defensive Gauge (up from 1)
  • Skarlet - Fixed a rare camera issue when successfully parrying an attack with Dagger Dance
  • Skarlet - Fixed a rare issue that could cause Skarlet to be unable to duck Sindel's Back It Up (Away + Front Kick, Back Kick, Back Punch) high attack in certain circumstances

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Instead of buffs, she got a teleport nerf... smh.
Note: she also lost one of her throw KBs as only one of the two may be burned per match. She'll still have the mind game advantage to get it out consistently, but she cant do the other one afterwards.

Overall, it seems Skarlet got the short end of the stick on multiple game-wide changes (zoner teleports and double throw KBs) with little to compensate her. Poor boo.

Alex_Smith

The artist formerly known as blueNINE.
Instead of buffs, she got a teleport nerf... smh.
U2 was buffed, which is pretty significant, as it will hit now where it would have whiffed before. Cetrion also getting that teleport nerf arguably makes it okay.
Note: she also lost one of her throw KBs as only one of the two may be burned per match. She'll still have the mind game advantage to get it out consistently, but she cant do the other one afterwards.

Overall, it seems Skarlet got the short end of the stick on multiple game-wide changes (zoner teleports and double throw KBs) with little to compensate her. Poor boo.
I think the universal throw KB nerf benefits her, since she is a zoner – most of her damage comes from keeping the opponent out. Not having to deal with two KB throws is nice.

Skarlet is one of the very few characters that could really use both KB throws. And her tp far away now cost 2 bars... So two nerfs in one patch... Great.
They're working really hard to make Skarlet players dropping her. So now the only KBs we have to work with are the universal d2 KB, one KB throw, the slow b12 kounter/punish and the high risk/medium reward b2 KB.

I won't drop Skarlet but I'll drop the game for a bit.

Getting access to two KB's throws and being able to use both of them in one match is very rare in Skarlet case. This is more like a slap in the wrist.

I like the U2 change because it will allow her to combo into 28% damage without having to be too close. So that is the difference maker here.

I still want S2 to be a mid. That would make her more solid.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Tbh with the exception of Nightwolf and Liu Kang there's no one in the game with two throw KBs that should get both in a game

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Getting access to two KB's throws and being able to use both of them in one match is very rare in Skarlet case. This is more like a slap in the wrist.

I like the U2 change because it will allow her to combo into 28% damage without having to be too close. So that is the difference maker here.

I still want S2 to be a mid. That would make her more solid.
Exactly.

How often were people really landing both KB throws in a given match?

Not a very significant nerf, IMO

yowbah

Noob
they fucked up variations from the beginning

i believe that if they would switch parry and ex-ball between variations we would get 2 completely different and viable variations: 1 is about zoning, oki and setplay, 2 about healing and rushdown

also i'm mad that f2 is fucking 13f, it doesnt do or lead to significant damage (like 70% of the roster with faster mids), its hurtbox is fucked up and i still can't figure out when it should work and when it shouldn't

yowbah

Noob
the main problem with skarlet is that although she has one of the worst frame data, shitty hurtboxes, stupily low damage output from every string besides 13f high 212, gap on every string besides high-high 44, no mixups, shitty kbs, the worst d3 and d4 in the game, the slowest parry, no staggers, eastiest timing for fb... nobody talks about it besides 3 and a half people in this thread
unlike whining and bitching about raiden and kotal, our whining and bitching is not vocal enough for nrs to fix something (also because she is not used in pro scene)

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
NRS designed and nerfed Skarlet this shit to never bring her again in future titles, believe, me, the next excuse about Skarlet not being in the next game will be "no one played her".

in MK9 was hard to play, but if you put the efforts you were rewarded for it, i hoped on KL today and was already annoyed by match 1

Tanya-Fan-28

TanyaShouldBeInMK11
After using Skarlet all season long, in my personal experience V1 against V2 Jade is a good match up because she can hold parry fullscreen and all Jade can do is glaive or BF3 cancel. She will parry all of her BF3 options. V1 against ED, now that was a nightmare for me, I lost to most ED Jades and if I won, it was just barely. Along with t bags and fatality lol

Just got back into this game after a few months...ok, fine about a year. I got driven away by the awful fucking towers and loot system at launch but I’m back, literally missed a year of the game, and I’m picking up Skarlet again. I’m doing ok in towers but overall what variations do you guys use most? What are her best punish options? Corner escapes? I know wake-ups are basically worthless in this game but any wisdom any one can give me at all on how to climb would be appreciated. Thank you

Just got back into this game after a few months...ok, fine about a year. I got driven away by the awful fucking towers and loot system at launch but I’m back, literally missed a year of the game, and I’m picking up Skarlet again. I’m doing ok in towers but overall what variations do you guys use most? What are her best punish options? Corner escapes? I know wake-ups are basically worthless in this game but any wisdom any one can give me at all on how to climb would be appreciated. Thank you
Eddy Wang wrote a really good guide here- https://testyourmight.com/threads/skarlet-complete-guide.72515/

And Sonicfox made a guide that you can find here-

Best starting points a player could have, IMO