What's new

Skarlet General Discussion Thread

The 44 string has no gap but starts as a high. The f4e sting has a gap that can be perfect block punished.

The siphon stance is by far the better of the 2
Yes but Eddy Wang also has good points about the other variation. It depends on the cast too. If there are many auto footsie, neutral ignoring (into rush down) characters then Skarlet (and good neutral play) will be in trouble. :)
We will find out soon.

EDIT: first 2-3 hours after playing with her. Nice I like it. Feels a bit slow (it is rather the game not the character as 12-13 frames good reach moves are abolsutely okay) and against Kotal I do not really feel the range advantage but cool. But I like that in Mortal Kombat 11 there is the chance and room to walk properly backward.
I like both variations though. I do not use blood ritual but I did not see the benefit of the blood spatter yet it probably launches in the corner with meter.

Btw in the beta screenshot I saw 8F D1, and it is now 7F D1. That's not bad. :)
+8 hit advantage is enough for a perfectly timed S1 or F4 to punish mashing. I will probably eat many D2 for bad timing haha.

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

@Eddy Wang, I'm gonna give the parry a shot eventually, just so you know. It may be considered integral for some MUs after things develop. Just letting you know because I have a feeling I'd get a good enough reason why I need to from you. =P

Did you find any pattern to the health regen?
I tried to lab it but could really not figure it.

Siphon leeched around 30-40 but Bloodshot leeched 70-80 (double than Siphon). In various Skarlet and opponent health level, after combo or plain move. I did not simulate real battle where something could accumulate (damage, etc.).

Did you see Cell Siphon has only +4 hit advantage even after amplified? :)
I like the restand but better the advantage after that lol... +4 is not enough to stop mashing except with D1. That is not how I imagine a restand totally up close (walk back does not work either).
I am curious about the mixup after there.

EDIT: and here we go my opponents always tries to poke after successful D1. Unfortunately only 1/4 S1 is connected lol. Need to practice the 1 frame window.

Last edited:
everyone seems to be complaining that their character is weak. How's Skarlet from beta to live? I quite liked her in the beta.
She looks good, she has better D1 (7F) than it was in Beta but worse amp cell siphon (+4).
Playstyle is personal preference though.

Everybody is complaining because not the possible best abilities are packed together.
With free choices probably only 1 god variation would be viable lol.

I like the parry+blood port variation but the siphon is also good.
With the heart priestess variation I always find myself zoning on full screen after tounge ender and its pretty boring to me.
Siphon variation can bring more action with siphon or slow projectile ender.
But its personal preference. I was never be a projectile fan so maybe she is not my char haha. I like good neutral but not for any cost. I did not like playing Aquaman either. I have similar feeling after 1 day lol.

Last edited:

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Yeah at first she’s good....
She has absolutely no punishes....
She’s pretty whack now that I’ve played a few hours. She has no combos and getting in on her zoning is easy.
This is a drop for me.

She’s gonna be average at best

Tanya-Fan-28

TanyaShouldBeInMK11
Does anybody know a good counter against Sub-Zeros block attack with the axe, after using the 'quick prick' (1) attack? Currently practicing kounters with Skardi in the lab.

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
I like skarlet purely bc of her combo shenanigans. 212 212 44 siphon is fun but in the corner you get all sorts of weird things

I wish there was a variation specifically made for her to be up close that used her port, parry, and red mist or red rain but I’ve been opting for the parry variation PURELY for the regen being much higher than siphon

So how beginner-friendly would you guys say Skarlet is? I've been dead set on playing her from day one, but if she's more on the advanced side then it might need a rethink.

(Just passing the time since the postal service are being slow with my copy)

Masta

Noob
Tell me if im wrong but Skarlet is now irrelevant at close range : D1 is +5 on hit (wtf???), F2 is 13 frames startup and siphon mb +4???

Are they kiddin us? Are we going to be mashed out everytime we get close ? We cant even d1 backwalk like scorpion or noob doing it for free. Im confused and really pissed off from what they did to her

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
I noticed that, too; however, I just assumed playing Skarlet at 2am was the reason why I thought this to be true.
I was seeing another streamer fight against one and saw the major difference. Its much smaller now.

I do NOT like her variations at all. Cyphon is her BEST move and they neutered that shit. Then they gave her blood control thingy....whateva some shit i NEVER used in the beta, to go with the Cyphon. I really hate how they did this to her :(

Hitoshura

Head Cage
I was seeing another streamer fight against one and saw the major difference. Its much smaller now.

I do NOT like her variations at all. Cyphon is her BEST move and they neutered that shit. Then they gave her blood control thingy....whateva some shit i NEVER used in the beta, to go with the Cyphon. I really hate how they did this to her :(
I think she's fine. Ciphon is still a good combo ender and amplified blood ball alsondrains life, if I recall correctly.

The only thing I noticed, and this could be just me, is that tentacle hentai seems to have more startup now. I'd like someone to confirm whether this is true or if it's just my imagination. @Eddy Wang

Skarlet is still good. As a matter of fact, a friend of mine won a tournament yesterday with her.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
I think she's fine. Ciphon is still a good combo ender and amplified blood ball alsondrains life, if I recall correctly.

The only thing I noticed, and this could be just me, is that tentacle hentai seems to have more startup now. I'd like someone to confirm whether this is true or if it's just my imagination. @Eddy Wang

Skarlet is still good. As a matter of fact, a friend of mine won a tournament yesterday with her.
Almost forgot about her Amp Blood ball. I gotta test if they nerfed the amount of life she gets back all around or just certain moves.

Im not sure what Hentai tentacle shit YOU are talking about. Only thing I can think of is her throw maybe? Her D3? Or her B2 which is an overhead.

E

Eldriken

Blood Flow is amazing. You're basically like Guile from Street Fighter when you have meter. Throw the slow one and walk up behind that bitch or throw out more projectiles.

My only concern is that Skarlet is very one dimensional. She only has one real combo which she can only use every so often. No real up close pressure.

She literally has no real variety. But it's whatever. I still enjoy it. She's just a basic bitch. =P

Tell me if im wrong but Skarlet is now irrelevant at close range : D1 is +5 on hit (wtf???), F2 is 13 frames startup and siphon mb +4???

Are they kiddin us? Are we going to be mashed out everytime we get close ? We cant even d1 backwalk like scorpion or noob doing it for free. Im confused and really pissed off from what they did to her
Is d1 really +5 on hit now? I thought it said +8 in the game?!