What's new

Skarlet complete Guide (Updated with Aftermath+Ultimate reviews)

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Do you have a YouTube channel @Eddy Wang ? Would like to see some of your Matches to learn more on how and when you use specific strings or how you Play mindgames around throws.

I play mostly a very good friend and he plays Terminator (second Variation) a lot and if I´m not totally zoning him out he steamrolls me hard. Command grabs in General give me a hard time but on him it´s so nuts, Overhead, low, normal throw or command grab, I can´t catch a break against that guy xD
Just un update, my last Kombat League run is on YT if you want to take a look, check out for
youtube/damagexcaling

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Guide has finally received the aftermath and ultimate update.
Character buffed.
Character feels good
Character feels fun
Character feels viable.
This character has come a long way.

Thank you based Steph.

Medius

Noob
@Eddy Wang very helpful guide. I'm just a casual, but what do you think of red rain?
In the corner you can launch meterless with b3,4, 44 and then end with red rain. Even geras his up 2 you can block in time. You can just block after RR and If they wake up you can punish with 44 mb bloodsplatter 44 into fb/bb/tentatcle. If they roll forward you can throw them back etc.
The damage after RR is pretty good for 1 bar:)
Maybe Im missing something, but maybe you can lab it further?:)

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Did Blood Ritual get any love? Are there moves with which it has synergy?
Didn't got buffed, not that i was much of a great use before, it's very situational as, when they are at at 1% territory and you have a good zoning distance, you can set up for them to block and use blood ritual to kill without needing to chip them to death.

But if you are looking for sinergy try the slower blood ball, as it has inconsistent timings it will force them to stay guarding for long enough to set up blood ritual.

Last edited:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
@Eddy Wang Amazing guide! Can you talk a bit about the Enhanced Blood Ball and some good uses for it?
Blood ball has a slower trajectory compared to a regular one, so you can use it to add to the timing guard patterns when opponents are used to the blood ball timing and are always flawless blocking it to mitigate the chip you can add with any other projectile right after, you can equip this to do a slower blood ball and keep them guarding on screen for a longer period of time and just use a tentacle before blood ball hits.
In a projectile war, this adds up 2% chip every time they fail to flawless block, so enhanced slower db2 plus tentacle and another tentacle AFTER they block the blood ball and skarlet gets a 6% chip lead where they get 1%. Since with nothing else equipped by befault against 90% of the cast you always get at least a 4% chip lead.

You can even end combos with slower to setup wakeup options and be hella plus, regular blood ball it's +2 at regular ranges, this one goes beyond and you can even mess up their timings with F2~delayed ball and force them to guard for longer periods of time while at it, without worrying about them ducking and punish in between and still force a 50-50 after with B4, throws and F4.

so TP and blood ball it's one hell of a build for certain MUs.

@Eddy Wang very helpful guide. I'm just a casual, but what do you think of red rain?
In the corner you can launch meterless with b3,4, 44 and then end with red rain. Even geras his up 2 you can block in time. You can just block after RR and If they wake up you can punish with 44 mb bloodsplatter 44 into fb/bb/tentatcle. If they roll forward you can throw them back etc.
The damage after RR is pretty good for 1 bar:)
Maybe Im missing something, but maybe you can lab it further?:)
In corner you have dominance, this will indeed boost your damage, as where you set it up is where it matters, you it always has to be on the mark where anything else you hit in a combo you will be standing on the rain.

I personally think it's too much effort as you want to be as far from them and only in the corner when you are the one that pits them against the wall., but when you do, you skarlet is already doing 30% damage with a bar on anything she lands while cornering them, so going to extra lenghts for a damage buff its kinda situational.

Stanlos

Noob
Didn't got buffed, not that i was much of a great use before, it's very situational as, when they are at at 1% territory and you have a good zoning distance, you can set up for them to block and use blood ritual to kill without needing to chip them to death.

But if you are looking for sinergy try the slower blood ball, as it has inconsistent timings it will force them to stay guarding for long enough to set up blood ritual.
Wow!!!!!!! I never thought to use it with Blood Flow! I was looking at 'Dink's channel and saw where Blood Ritual could be used to do increased damage quickly with the bleeding Krushing Blows.

I will try to see how it works with Blood Flow.