What's new

Skarlet August Balance Patch notes

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Skarlet

• Skarlet - Dagger Dance Amplified Krushing Blow Held Check input is now the correct button (it always worked for me but cool)

• Skarlet - Reaching Whip (Away + Back Kick) now has 5 less recovery frames (cool now its 31 from 36)

• Skarlet - Silent Stab (Down + Front Punch) now has 3 more frames of hitstun (cool now its +11 on hit, no more 1f jail highs, we can actually confirm mids now)

• Skarlet - Spear Strike (Down + Front Kick) has a different hit reaction and 11 more frames of hitstun (cool, now we have another good down+ button besides d+1)

• Skarlet - Spinning Scythe (Down + Back Kick) now has 11 more frames of hitstun (So now its +17 on hit and not +6 anymore, so we get to jail high from any down button now, cool)

• Skarlet - Fixed Thicker Than Water (Away + Front Punch, Back Punch) Krushing Blow not working correctly with Easy Krushing Blows in practice mode (practice mode)

• Skarlet - Bloodport Far now has 50 recovery frames (up from 42) (bleah, but i can totally see the reason)

-------------------------------------------------

Welp, they at least gave us pokes, but our combo variety are still hard and boring as hell, hope this helps sets a new bar.

Discuss.

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

I love this character, but I don't see a buffed d1, d3 or d4 changing much for her. Her overall game plan will probably remain the same unless this opens up some doors for tech to be discovered.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I love this character, but I don't see a buffed d1, d3 or d4 changing much for her. Her overall game plan will probably remain the same unless this opens up some doors for tech to be discovered.
Now that she can jab without 1f links, with the recovery her jab has on block, she can tick throw the hell out of the entire cast.
she can answer button mashers with f4 now

Basically she can play everyone else's game, with all her good buttons, not just d1 anymore.

The trick is, poke hits, make them block s1, throw, when they get a fraid of hit, start using other stuff

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
D3 and D4 now jailed into 44 right?
In fact D3 range seems to put them perfectly in range for either 44 (PLUS SIX ON Block!!) or F43.
Seems like a pretty big buff to me, on paper
I think the D3 hit animation is specially for this purpose, potentially making skarlet staggers way more scary

Levaranoia

War God
I played your kabal last week in ranked. You seemed frustrated that I would jump on wake up and beat you air to air lol.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
Glad Scarlett wasn't touch seriously. NRS makes me nervous with needs cause they never address the issues the community states

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Man, just after I learned that b34 teleport into backdash b12 tech... I'm assuming the extra recovery frames on teleport fuck that up?

Otherwise tho, love the poke buffs.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Its hard to figure out what she needs to not make her OP. Every character should have something fresh each patch to bring extra life to the character but Skarlet is just....such in a pretty good middle space tho.

HOWEVER, her B2 KB still sucks. Maybe if they add DOT damage to it or even more damage, it be worth using often.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
Man, just after I learned that b34 teleport into backdash b12 tech... I'm assuming the extra recovery frames on teleport fuck that up?

Otherwise tho, love the poke buffs.
bruh i could not for the life of me get that back dash in in the first place, it's def dead for me now lol

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Its hard to figure out what she needs to not make her OP. Every character should have something fresh each patch to bring extra life to the character but Skarlet is just....such in a pretty good middle space tho.

HOWEVER, her B2 KB still sucks. Maybe if they add DOT damage to it or even more damage, it be worth using often.
The real tech is to do 4 B2's in a row. B2, B2KB, then they're like, ok they used it, B2 again! Then they're like wtf and then you do it again.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
The real tech is to do 4 B2's in a row. B2, B2KB, then they're like, ok they used it, B2 again! Then they're like wtf and then you do it again.
I mean, if they're stupid as fuck it will work. But that shit is not only slow but punishable when blocked. Either make the move faster or give the KB more damage. One of the two or why not both!? Shit

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Also, why tf does cetrion get to have a better teleport than skarlet? Yes, they nerfed both, but Cetrion's is still faster lol

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Also, why tf does cetrion get to have a better teleport than skarlet? Yes, they nerfed both, but Cetrion's is still faster lol
Skarlet TP didn't change at all either, the recovery is still the same, either it was faster and they brought it to match, but the calculator still gives the same data to all tps

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Pretty sure they only added recovery to the far teleport, so a regular teleport should be unaffected. I can definitely feel the added recovery on far teleport but it's not super game-changing.
Ok cool, so I CAN still do the b34 teleport into backdash b12! suhweet!