What's new

Tech Skarlet Anti-cast (anti-Wakeup Attack)Tech?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
After Watching the @Doctrine Dark and REO ANTI-JAX tech, and read the users comments, i decided to try with her to see who else can get CANCER from the ANTI-TECH, i tested this on the most, but not all of them, and the ones who can cleary get away with expecifics wakeups are, Reptile, Rain, and Jax, did not test all of them, but at least one of this players can be dealt with this.

So here is a question:
If this is an old Tech, and the majority of the Cast can do it, why no one uses it?

From where i'm standing, i see this is another stuff that will advice the skarlet's opponent to NEVER wakeup attack skarlet, and then: "Hello Block, lets just be friends"

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
UsedForGlue brought this up like...forever ago dude. Always nice to refresh people though, but for people that use skarlet for more than casual fun, this should be common place.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
UsedForGlue brought this up like...forever ago dude. Always nice to refresh people though, but for people that use skarlet for more than casual fun, this should be common place.
He did? Didn't knew that, i didn't find any related post to it on Skarlet's forum.

Hell, i should've consult the mod first, to avoid repetitive posts.

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
F212 after the Ex Dagger is great for meter and chip but most people will D1 you out of it on your first try. It works well only against people that don't know about it, and in bad lag matches online (which makes it amazing online) but not really realistic otherwise.

I appreciate the fact that you took extra time to make the video look like the Simpsons tho :p

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
F212 after the Ex Dagger is great for meter and chip but most people will D1 you out of it on your first try. It works well only against people that don't know about it, and in bad lag matches online (which makes it amazing online) but not really realistic otherwise.

I appreciate the fact that you took extra time to make the video look like the Simpsons tho :p
hahaha thanks i apreciate that ^^ ^^
In fact is true that they will try to poke out if the strategy becomes very obvious ^^
but if they're constanly being blown up by En Down Slash, because everyone never blocks high against skarlet, they will not poke out if they're expecting a down slash :p

ryublaze

Noob
I don't think the opponent can poke out of F2, 1, 2, 1+2 after a blocked EX Dagger (at least not on high hitbox characters). A 6 frame poke would come out on the 27th frame while F2 comes out on the 19th or higher. You can repeatedly do F2, 1, 2, 1+2, EX Dagger 5 or 6 times in a row if your opponent stand blocks the whole way. The only ways I see the opponent getting out are:

1. The EX Dagger goes over the opponent's head on crouch/crouch block and you don't get the cancel block advantage.
2. The opponent armors out and doesn't get the meter drain glitch.
3. You input F2 a few frames late or because of lag.

But I can't really be sure because dash cancelling out of EX Dagger Toss might add a few frames. Somberness: Can you clarify?

Somberness

Lights
Dash cancelling adds frames? Not sure what that means but I am going to say no. :)
But forward 2 is inescapable against every character, just like Kabal's 2~nomad dash cancel, just not as strict.

ryublaze

Noob
Dash cancelling adds frames? Not sure what that means but I am going to say no. :)
But forward 2 is inescapable against every character, just like Kabal's 2~nomad dash cancel, just not as strict.
I mean like when I dash cancel out of EX Dagger I see her dash a little before she can start F2. Thanks.

Btw, I think I might have discovered something new in Training Mode just now.

Somberness

Lights
I mean like when I dash cancel out of EX Dagger I see her dash a little before she can start F2. Thanks.

Btw, I think I might have discovered something new in Training Mode just now.
Nah, you can use forward 2/anything on the 2nd frame after she exits the hand forward pose.
Ooh, what is it?

ryublaze

Noob
Nah, you can use forward 2/anything on the 2nd frame after she exits the hand forward pose.
Ooh, what is it?
You probably already know but before I thought that the opponent was always able to crouch block F2 after F2, 1, 2, 1+2, EX Dagger but if you do dash cancel into F2 fast enough it'll still jail them into stand blocking, which means she can get a guaranteed 50% blockstring if you time it right 4 times in a row.

Somberness

Lights
I thought you knew that already, lol. Didn't I tell you that a while back? I even thought you knew it back then, I was just confirming it. Heh, I've known for a long time and posted about it multiple times so it's just funny to me that you'd say 'probably'. ;)

Mosp

Noob
So you're saying it's pretty much a block infinite as long as you have meter for the EX daggers? :eek:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I don't think the opponent can poke out of F2, 1, 2, 1+2 after a blocked EX Dagger (at least not on high hitbox characters). A 6 frame poke would come out on the 27th frame while F2 comes out on the 19th or higher. You can repeatedly do F2, 1, 2, 1+2, EX Dagger 5 or 6 times in a row if your opponent stand blocks the whole way. The only ways I see the opponent getting out are:

1. The EX Dagger goes over the opponent's head on crouch/crouch block and you don't get the cancel block advantage.
2. The opponent armors out and doesn't get the meter drain glitch.
3. You input F2 a few frames late or because of lag.

But I can't really be sure because dash cancelling out of EX Dagger Toss might add a few frames. Somberness: Can you clarify?
If he Blocks the Dagger on Crouch, the first 2 hits of F2 will whiff, give him time to poke you out with D+1

So you're saying it's pretty much a block infinite as long as you have meter for the EX daggers? :eek:
no, Ninj clearly said she doesn't has block infinity;) , if he blocks the dagger on crouch he can poke to get out (unless i was inputing f+2 too slow) but if he crouch to Block it means he will try to poke you out, if this happen don't use F2, the 1st 2 hits will whiff because hits high and he will suceffully poke out.
So instead, use B+1, 1, F+4, wich is faster and if he tries to poke out he will get blown up again to another reset.

If he blocks, then you have a 50/50 here, this string gives push back on block, and you still can red Dash to keep him close.

Mosp

Noob
no, Ninj clearly said she doesn't has block infinity;) , if he blocks the dagger on crouch he can poke to get out (unless i was inputing f+2 too slow) but if he crouch to Block it means he will try to poke you out, if this happen don't use F2, the 1st 2 hits will whiff because hits high and he will suceffully poke out.
So instead, use B+1, 1, F+4, wich is faster and if he tries to poke out he will get blown up again to another reset.

If he blocks, then you have a 50/50 here, this string gives push back on block, and you still can red Dash to keep him close.
I'm aware about EX daggers whiffing on crouching opponents but RedRaptor10 was saying if you catch the opponent stand blocking the F2 string they are jailed the entire time standing so as long as you are canceling the dagger and inputting the string fast enough they are stuck eating the chip damage unless they decide to take a hit from the string. They cannot crouch block after the EX dagger so why even bother with the B1,1,F4 string?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I'm aware about EX daggers whiffing on crouching opponents but RedRaptor10 was saying if you catch the opponent stand blocking the F2 string they are jailed the entire time standing so as long as you are canceling the dagger and inputting the string fast enough they are stuck eating the chip damage unless they decide to take a hit from the string. They cannot crouch block after the EX dagger so why even bother with the B1,1,F4 string?
EX Daggers don't Whiff on Crounch Block the string to jail them in will if at this time he release the block.

High Attacks whiffs on crouch position, that is why you shoud bother with using B1,1,F4 if you don't want to get your block string interrupted.

Altaire

Noob
...Uh, no. EX dagger is +25 on block. F2 has 19 frame startup. Done properly, this is the SAME premise the rune trap operates on. F2 1 2 1+2, 2 1 and 1 1 4 all jail your opponent standing. The only way to poke out after the EX knife is if you're in a crouch block animation when it hits. If your opponent does JIP 1 1 4 or connects with the F2 string while you're in stand block, they get link in an EX knife and follow with a guaranteed F2 1 2 1+2. The ONLY exception is low hitbox characters, because the first two hits of F2 will whiff, and you can just substitute B1 1 F4 for those. There is not a single character in this game that can escape the EX knife trap.

Anyhow, this is a good find, though I have a meterless version that works after certain knockdowns. If I make top 8 at Toryuken, you'll know what it is. Til then.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
...Uh, no. EX dagger is +25 on block. F2 has 19 frame startup. Done properly, this is the SAME premise the rune trap operates on. F2 1 2 1+2, 2 1 and 1 1 4 all jail your opponent standing. The only way to poke out after the EX knife is if you're in a crouch block animation when it hits. If your opponent does JIP 1 1 4 or connects with the F2 string while you're in stand block, they get link in an EX knife and follow with a guaranteed F2 1 2 1+2. The ONLY exception is low hitbox characters, because the first two hits of F2 will whiff, and you can just substitute B1 1 F4 for those. There is not a single character in this game that can escape the EX knife trap.

Anyhow, this is a good find, though I have a meterless version that works after certain knockdowns. If I make top 8 at Toryuken, you'll know what it is. Til then.
No Prob, i will be waiting.

Altaire

Noob
Oh, so that's why Shujinkydink plays Skarlet too.

j/k.
Actually, when I spoke to him at Canada Cup and saw that he'd been playing her, it was before anyone knew about the EX knife trap. I'd hinted at it before on the boards, but I kept it under wraps until after the tournament. I remember telling Dink "You know Skarlet basically has her own rune trap, right?" He was fucking stunned at the time.

The rest, of course, is history.

And by history, I mean drama.

#MKKommunity

Khaotic_xShangx

Fear the Skulls

i had somebody accidentally jump out of 114 ex dagger cancel. He didnt plan it he was just jump happy and didnt respect skarlet's setups. this may have happened because he blocked the 114 but this was the only time somebody did this. it makes me wonder about the string now

Altaire

Noob
i had somebody accidentally jump out of 114 ex dagger cancel. He didnt plan it he was just jump happy and didnt respect skarlet's setups. this may have happened because he blocked the 114 but this was the only time somebody did this. it makes me wonder about the string now
The string works, you just weren't timing it right. You DO have to cancel it very quickly to make it inescapable. It's technically a six frame window before your opponent can move, though you usually have a few frames of leeway since your opponent is not likely to escape/armor out immediately. IIRC, it takes four frames for your opponent to leave the ground, so it should actually be a window of around ten frames before your opponent can escape if they try to jump out.