What's new

General/Other Skarlet - 1 frame duck Red Dash

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
To those who doesn't know, there is some sort of startup glitch on red dash, that makes skarlet red dash through moves without crouching, the problem is that, this timing seems to be very, but very strict that none of us actually bothered using.

Sometimes is confused by the delay input of DF+3 that puts her crouching before activacting the move, or simply wakeup attack.

I've seen and used this move about 5 times in the past, and recently another player just whiffed a scorp spear without even crouching by red dashing right trough it.

In this vídeo below, on a session against cyrax, you can see this glitch against cyrax, and skarlet doesn't even crouch or wakeup attack on it, she just dash trough the uppercut and downslash his ass (i have no idea of how i did this, even now)

What i'm suggesting is, that we should try to work with this glitch, figure it how it works and see what moves does this dodge, if it avoids almost everything we should master it, and fuck up zonners, and poking characters

i'm tagging Check because he easely finds this stuff, maybe he can try the glitch out and gives us a feedback.

I'm trying to whiff scorps spear since yesterday, no success yet.

Edit:
A solid proof of the tech in question, thanks for doing this Somberness

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
It's at 4:08. Could just be that you just-framed a duck to avoid an uppercut. Game registers you in a duck state when the uppercut is supposed to hit, makes it look like a glitch.

Or Skarlet can move through/under any high hitting move, which would be broken beyond belief.

I'm rooting for #2!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

WarfaringStranger

Shao Kahn's creation
I think Ninj is correct. The down (D) in DF3 registers Skarlet as neutral crouching.

Wouldn't call it a glitch--an exploit maybe. Very difficult to incorporate into a gameplan, even against full-screen projectiles that whiff neutral crouches. Cool tech nonetheless.

ryublaze

Noob
Yeah I think it's just the DF3 input. I think it can be useful to get past zoning. There was one post a long time ago about Sub-Zero going from crouch into slide but it's harder to do.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Tested, not intensively but...
Its not a glitch, but its not impossible either, one more of those hard stuffs we have to master in order do make this character S tier

Somberness

Lights
So it can be pulled of at 1 frame exactly, good to know, i wonder if it would dodge iaGBs at the lowest possible level as well
Projectiles have constant active frames so it would have to be a fast moving projectile. You would need to hold down for a while before the forward 3 too.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
this still confuses meeee :(. u just did a just frame duck then or what?
She gets less time to input punishment while the other character is recovering from whiff.
Imagine Kabal unleashing his "machine guns" iaGBs like REO would say, and you as skarlet being able to get in faster than anyone else by 1f duck his iaGBs and closing with 1 red dash at the time.

you would be able to get him before he get meter for a breaker

So yes, its a 1f duck on these situations, but you can take a bit longer too

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
She gets less time to input punishment while the other character is recovering from whiff.
Imagine Kabal unleashing his "machine guns" iaGBs like REO would say, and you as skarlet being able to get in faster than anyone else by 1f duck his iaGBs and closing with 1 red dash at the time.

you would be able to get him before he get meter for a breaker

So yes, its a 1f duck on these situations, but you can take a bit longer too
oh, so u mean being in duck animation while performing the red dash, with the duck only lasting 1 frame or what?

AssassiN

Noob
oh, so u mean being in duck animation while performing the red dash, with the duck only lasting 1 frame or what?
You press down right at the moment a high attack happens and immediately after that you in put F3.
While you pressed down, the move will whiff and put an end to the active frames. Skarlet dashes and does a slash into a whiff-punish.

Very risky, although this can be applied to projectile pressure that can be ducked and moves very fast across the screen.
Just the fact that down needs to be hold on a bit longer. It's kinda like armoring through projectiles without the use of meter and delaying the dash.

Axel_Redd

so pretty much against someone like kabal, where most characters might walk, or dash & d3. does she walk, duck, and then f3? or dash, duck, & then f3?

Axel_Redd

ah....does the dash and duck into f3 work against projectiles or do u have to walk?

WarfaringStranger

Shao Kahn's creation
ah....does the dash and duck into f3 work against projectiles or do u have to walk?
I believe this technique requires that you walk.

You're misunderstanding I think. Maybe you should go back and read this thread again? Assassin[be] described it pretty well a few posts back. If you're still having trouble, try describing your confusion more specifically.

EDIT: Maybe this will clear it up. The down (D) in DF3 allows Skarlet to dodge projectiles (or any true high attack, for that matter). So if you input DF3--which is her "Red Dash"--at the exact moment a projectile or an uppercut is executed by your opponent, Skarlet will thereby dodge the attack and continue into the red dash animation, whence she can cancel into other attacks to punish her opponent. Better yet, watch the video by Somberness in the original post. See it in action.