What's new

Tech Sinestro's ridiculous corner combo damage....the truth unveiled!!!

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Hey guys it's Crane dropping some more combo knowledge on you. If you read my other post about Sinestro's top 8 mid-screen combo's then you know the basic strategy of his combo setup's so there is no real need for me to go in depth here. After practicing with Sinestro mid-screen I moved to the corner and found some very high damaging combo's using trait only off most of his strings. I have broken them down into his 6 main starter strings: b2, 3, j3, b13, f2d13, and 111. I have also broken them down by normal combo's, trait combo's, and super move combo's. These combo's are also listed by damage and most of them are fairly easy to execute and can lead to some real shananagins. All of the combo's listed here end with the opponent in the corner and in a hard knockdown state. Ok, are you guys ready to level up? Here we go.

Normal Combo's:
(b2-22-shackles-j2-b13-22d2) 22%
(3-shackles-j2-b13-22d2) 25%
(f2d13-d2-b12-shackles-j2-22d2) 27%
(111-shackles-j2-b13-j2-axe of terror-22d2) 29%
(b13-j2-axe of terror-3-shackles-j2-22d2) 31%
(j3-hit confirm-axe of terror-b12-shackles-j2-22d2) 33%

Trait Combo's:
(b13-3-arachnid-trait-3-arachnid-trait-3-arachnid-trait-2-shackles-j2-22d2) 52%
(f2d13-3-arachnid-trait-3-arachnid-trait-3-arachnid-trait-2-shackles-j2-22d2) 56%
(111-arachnid-trait-3-arachnid-trait-3-arachnid-trait-2-shackles-j2-22d2) 54%
(b2-3-arachnid-trait-3-arachnid-trait-3-arachnid-trait-2-shackles-j2-22d2) 58%
(3-arachnid-trait-3-arachnid-trait-3-arachnid-trait-2-shackles-j2-22d2) 58%
(j3-3-arachnid-trait-3-arachnid-trait-3-arachnid-trait-2-shackles-j2-22d2) 63%

Ok, not only do these trait combo's do big damage but you don't have to finish the combo. Meaning that you can stop at shackles and either go into your d1 mix-up or send them through a level transition.

If you can shackles into a level transition I highly recommend it for 3 good reasons. #1 level transitions not only score big damage but they also cannot be clashed meaning that you will finish your combo with guaranteed damage. #2 level transitions leave Sinestro at huge frame advantage and put the opponent back in range for zoning. #3 most level transitions lead to an interactable object that Sinestro can jump into the air and throw at his opponent for more unblockable damage. EX: Arkham/Joker Asylum main hall corner (j3-3-arachnid-trait-j2-3-arachnid-trait-3-arachnid-trait-2-shackles-b3-level transition-Scarecrow) 69% Then you can jump up and grab an interactable object for 18% more unblockable damage. So that's a total of 87% damage for zero meter and only one full bar of trait. Now that's what I call bargain shopping.

Super Move Combo's:
(3-arachnid-trait-3-arachnid-trait-3-arachnid-trait-3-super move) 74%
(j3-3-arachnid-trait-3-arachnid-trait-3-arachnid-trait-3-super move) 77%

The funny thing here is that these super move combo's are some of the easiest combo's to perform. You will most likely get them on your first attempt. NO JOKE!!!

NOW GO!!! My little Sinestrolings GO!!! Take this knowledge you have obtained and use it to strike fear into the hearts of those who inhabit this world of injustice.

D

Deleted member 9158

Gross. I hate sinestro

but good work either way!

DTritan

Noob
Is there a trick to the 3 - shackles combo? Opponent dummy keeps falling out before shackles hits. Is this character specific? I'm basically just cancelling 3 into shackles right?

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Is there a trick to the 3 - shackles combo? Opponent dummy keeps falling out before shackles hits. Is this character specific? I'm basically just cancelling 3 into shackles right?
No, it is not character specific. Just do 3-shackles as fast as you can. It will come out.

He can do 65% meterless with 3 trait? Damn.

Thankfully I rarely find myself cornered against Sinestro. Usually he's the one backing himself up lol.

Error

DF2+R2
One that I've found that can probably be bettered is F3(mb if needed) j3 axe of terror, 22xxshackles 111 straight projectile and it did like 32/33%, but I'm sure a better ending can be done after shackles.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
One that I've found that can probably be bettered is F3(mb if needed) j3 axe of terror, 22xxshackles 111 straight projectile and it did like 32/33%, but I'm sure a better ending can be done after shackles.
Maybe the 22d2 string. It does good damage and causes a hard knochdown.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
whats the mixup?
The mix-up is after d1 (+14) do either d3, b2, or grab. d3 is a low attack that must be blocked low, b2 is a overhead attack meaning it must be blocked standing, and the grab must be grab teched. The opponent can not defend all three options at the same time; they must guess correctly. You can also perform a cross over j3 every once in a while to really mix things.

There is some new tech coming out right now by PIG that appears he may have a reset after shackles. Combine that with this and Sinestro has just reached a whole new stratosphere. I'll keep you updated.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Good stuff, I pulled that trait using 56% corner combo against a meteor spammer in a mirror match and he sent me a message afterwards which read: "noob". Lovin' the salt.

You and Pig are fuckin fantastic. My Sinestro has gotten extremely better with your help. Thanks so much. :D
Thanks glad I could help. Don't forget to check out my other thread about Sinestro's top 8 mid-screen combos.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
nice combo

try ending w ji2 f2d13 or into his d1 reset