What's new

Tech Sinestro General Tech Discussion

LEGEND

YES!
I think the Sinestro forum needs a thread like this, so that we can be more open about the little things that we may want to share/develop but that don't really deserve their own thread. That said, i'll move on to some of my findings

1. Midscreen Wake-up Reversal:

Simply by Dashing up and doing a neutral jump after a D3 on hit, you will reverse you opponents wake-up. Their inputs will still execute the proper move but it will come out in the opposite direction

i mainly like this as an option after a naked D3 since there isn't much you can do after it on hit (before now), but you can also end BnBs with it at a mere 2-4% damage drop

note, This isn't effective vs all wake-up games (ie. superman, grundy)

2. B21 combo in the corner:

i'm sure this has been discussed before, but you can combo off of B21 in the corner with D1. Much better then going for straight B2 since it is safe and can catch some people off guard

3. Making practical use of 112-trait cancel corner combo:

after the fake cross-up air axe in the corner vortex, it is very reliable to land (112-4, D1, 112-Shackles). Good way to get damage without having to spend meter on MB boulder combos in the corner

Still find it inconsistent for B2 and F2D13 starters though

4. Ending combos in 112-trait charge:

For combos that start with shackles rather than end with it, you can sub out the usual B213 for 112-trait charge for better trait gain and to keep your opponent slightly closer to you. Though it does shave off around 3% typically

Better for certain MUs like Aquaman, Batgirl, Killer Frost, MMH ect
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thats all for now

Discuss, share, and lets get this forum rolling again

WoundCowboy
AK Pig Of The Hut
PLAYING TO W1N
STB Shujinkydink
@everyone else

Good stuff man and everything you posted (and more) is very well known to me. i am refrained from posted anything in awhile bc i recognize peoples unfamiliarity with this character. i am going to summer jam and the fall classic. i have been winning vs some of the best in the country in long sets offline.

i just don't want people to know how to fight him. after the new few majors i will posts tons of gameplay and stuff. but post as u want man. i am a fan of winning... not trying to get recognition for claiming to invent tech. im not saying thats you man... i love this character and i will say it again and again. he has the tools to deal with anyone in the cast. yes he has hard matchups but this is a chance for you to prove how strong of a player you are.

sinestro has a corner RAPE and a safe multi layer midscreen vortex that is near unblockable.

If you need me to help you merge posts, organize threads, clean up threads, or other moderator stuff let me know. I don't read this forum at all and don't know anything about the character other than playing with p2w, but if you tell me what needs done i can organize stuff for you. based god moderators

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
I played a ton the other night with a friend who plays am amazing Batman, Green Arrow, and Flash.

Now, the problem I was having was trying to get B2 to hit on a crouching opponent. Maybe it was just me having shit luck or I was too far away but I felt like I was right on top of the other character...

I haven't gotten to the lab to test it with being busy as hell but does it normally only hit on opponent standing? I never recollect it doing that previously.

While we are talking tech, besides B13, D1 Shackle, or AOT and trait, what is everyone using for your main combo starter? Back when the game was still fresh I didn't really have a hard time opening opponents up when they where close but I seem to be hitting a block. I'm good with everything else Sinestro wise, just up close is getting a little tricky.

Thanks.

Zatanna

Meterburned Interactable Master
I played a ton the other night with a friend who plays am amazing Batman, Green Arrow, and Flash.

Now, the problem I was having was trying to get B2 to hit on a crouching opponent. Maybe it was just me having shit luck or I was too far away but I felt like I was right on top of the other character...

I haven't gotten to the lab to test it with being busy as hell but does it normally only hit on opponent standing? I never recollect it doing that previously.

While we are talking tech, besides B13, D1 Shackle, or AOT and trait, what is everyone using for your main combo starter? Back when the game was still fresh I didn't really have a hard time opening opponents up when they where close but I seem to be hitting a block. I'm good with everything else Sinestro wise, just up close is getting a little tricky.

Thanks.
The only other major combo starter I use is D2 B1xxDB1

LEGEND

YES!

Thanks.
B2 doesn't really have that good of range so you have to set it up before you use it, examples: After a MB FB hits at mid range you can dash up for a 50/50. After you D1 out of pressure. After shackles Reset. When you have trait up

as for opening people up. . .You don't really, At least not in the traditional sense. The only way Sinestro can open people up comes from charging trait and mix-ups once you have trait out. Even his vortex's can be block if the player has enough experience against it (kinda emo about this, trying to find different mix-ups in the lab)

this was also the main inspiration for finding the D3 wake-up reversal. Cause the vortex is no longer working on some people so i needed a different way to mix people up after shackles. But i still don't like that the only mix-up Sinestro has right now is between a punishable overhead with no range and a highly punishable low that also has no range or damage

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
Thanks for the responses. I think what is keeping us Sonestro players from breaking through full force (at least you guys that go to tournaments) is his close up game. I wish he had some of Deathstrokes up close game and mix ups. Would make our character more "viable" I guess you could say.

Thanks again guys.

Zatanna

Meterburned Interactable Master
Yeah. Sinestro has literally zero lows, and that completely kills him for me. I'm still going to co-main him with Zatanna, but I've really just gotten bored with him.

man.. the vortex has about 10 layers and subtleties and work on everyone. i play perfect legend and other players all the time. they DO NOT consistently block anything.

LEGEND

YES!
man.. the vortex has about 10 layers and subtleties and work on everyone. i play perfect legend and other players all the time. they DO NOT consistently block anything.
idk if i missing something or not but Tyrant blocked EVERYTHING, if you wouldn't mind PMing me i'll keep it to myself if its something new

LEGEND

YES!
Forgot to add this to the OP last night but i have started ending some combos that end in Shackles near a bounce interactable in B2-interact and build up trait while they bounce back at you

Goldi

Noob
Yeah. Sinestro has literally zero lows, and that completely kills him for me. I'm still going to co-main him with Zatanna, but I've really just gotten bored with him.
I get hit with b213 often lol. The second hit is low, first is an overhead. Kinda tricky learning to block it.

AK rtd

Noob
damn i come in here looking for tech and you guys are discussing pms? ya'll act like sinestro has unblockables and infinites and shit.

am i really going to have to wait for summer jam/evo 2015 to see your little 10% pee pee sinestro combo? jeez

LEGEND

YES!
damn i come in here looking for tech and you guys are discussing pms? ya'll act like sinestro has unblockables and infinites and shit.

am i really going to have to wait for summer jam/evo 2015 to see your little 10% pee pee sinestro combo? jeez
P2w is the only one hiding tech that i'm aware of (and thats fine when you're trying to win with a non top tier)

i am not involved in any pms regarding Sinestro tech