What's new

Match-up Discussion Sindel Matchup Discussion Thread

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I realize that there might be a matchup thread already in this forum, but the point of this thread is to discuss matchups to make the Matchup Chart as accurate as possible.

The Matchup Chart thread:
http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?3075-Mortal-Kombat-(2011)-Matchup-Chart

When you discuss or list what you think the matchups are, please do so in alphabetical order. Also, they should be listed in either whole numbers or .5 notations.

The current Matchup Chart for Sindel is as follows:
5-5 vs Baraka
4-6 vs Cyber Sub-Zero
3-7 vs Cyrax
5-5 vs Ermac
xxx vs Freddy Krueger
4-6 vs Jade
5-5 vs Jax
4-6 vs Johnny Cage
4-6 vs Kabal
4-6 vs Kano
xxx vs Kenshi
4-6 vs Kitana
2-8 vs Kung Lao
4-6 vs Liu Kang
4-6 vs Mileena
4-6 vs Nightwolf
4-6 vs Noob Saibot
5-5 vs Quan Chi
3-7 vs Raiden
xxx vs Rain
4-6 vs Reptile
5-5 vs Scorpion
5-5 vs Sektor
4-6 vs Shang Tsung
6-4 vs Sheeva
xxx vs Skarlet
4-6 vs Smoke
6-4 vs Sonya Blade
5-5 vs Stryker
4-6 vs Sub-Zero

Agree? Disagree? DISCUSS!

Malec

Noob
if this matchup chart would be the case, sindel would be solid, but shes actually not that great, i would say against most rush down chars u can go 3-7 instead of 4-6, cause if they manage to get into your face, its over.
3 matchups i hardly disagree.
vs cyber sub, what the hell are you gonna do against all day long dive kick?
vs ermac i dont see this anyway near even, he just doing more damage on everything, u cant out zone him cause of teleport and in the face to face department he also out pokes sindel.
vs nightwolf, reflect, shoulder, f3,1 anyone?

DanCock

Cock Master!!
vs Kung Lao 2-8
vs Reptile 3-7
vs Raiden 3-7
vs Cyrax 3-7
vs ermac 4-6
vs Kitana 4-6
vs johnny Cage 4-6
vs Liu Kang 4-6
vs Mileena 4-6
vs Nightwolf 4-6
vs Smoke 4-6
vs Kano 4-6
vs Skarlett 4-6
vs Cybersubzero 4-6
vs Kabal 4-6
vs Rain 4-6

vs Kenshi 5-5
vs Shang Tsung 5-5
vs Quan Chi 5-5
vs Scorpion 5-5
vs Subzero 5-5
vs Sindel 5-5
vs Jade 5-5
vs Noob 5-5
vs Sektor 5-5
vs Sonya 6-4
vs Jax 6-4
vs Stryker 6-4
vs Baraka 6-4
vs Sheeva 6-4

whenim not being lazy ill try to go into detail my experience with every match up..

DanCock

Cock Master!!
im going to try and get to atleast one character a day on my days off maybe more. i only have 1-2 days off a week so it may take awhile.

also im not sure if this is how i should be doing this but idk LOL

ill edit this post if there are any buffs or nerfs to either character in the future.

VS Kung Lao

to me this match up is anything she can do HE CAN DO BETTER.

1 = Kung Lao
2 = Sindel

Anti air
1 ~ no timing required from behind, front everywhere else.
2 ~ many anti air options, but each require perfect timing and perfect distance, which if missed causes her to get smacked around by full combos

+1 to lao

Armor

1 ~ he has one armor move
2 ~ no armor

+1 to lao

safe jump

1 ~ low hat hit
2 ~ none

+1 to lao

Combo into pop up/ stun special on the ground

1 ~ many ways to combo into spin
2 ~ one way to combo into scream 2 then :en scream. this burns one meter and doesnt lead into good damage so the meter waste isnt worth it. theres no reason why he can do a low attack into a spin move and she cant.. example 2,1 ~ scream

+1 to lao

:Xray

1 ~ hits in the mid area and is a great anti air
2 ~ hits low, but can be low poked out of.. and wont hit a person if they are cross jumping. so hers works like jax and kanos but theirs are guaranteed hits on the ground where hers is just a 50/50

+1 to lao

:xray part 2

1 ~ can be comboed into and out of leading to easy damage over 40%. and a simple naked xray and uppercut =40% so his xrayis a guaranteed 40% xray
2 ~ a low hitting xray that may or may not hit depending on what her foe is doing and only does 31% damage. on top of that if its in a combo it adds maybe 10% to that combo.. ON top of that if a combo is started with b+1,2 then b+1 into xray it ONLY DOES 27 % THE XRAY COMBO DOES LESS THEN A NAKED XRAY WHAT THE FUCK ?????????? :confused:

+1 to lao

upclose pressure

1 ~ 2,4 low hat or 2,4 1+2. good upclose pressure thats very hard to poke him out of because of the + frames he gets. or the 21212 whatever combo that does like 10% chip WTF ???? 11 low hat. b+33 low hat or spin. he has all kinds of options.
2 ~ 1 and 1,1 hmmm 1 some times whiffs, so if 1 whiffs the 2nd 1 can be poked out of. this pressure leads to +1 frame but her foe can still get away and not worry about much pressure upclose or they can start their upclose pressure AND she doesnt want to be upclose to begin with LOL 2,1 and 4,4 the second hits of both she can be poked out of. however if they dont poke she gets 50/50/scream mix up especially with Blocked 4,4 into fireball.

hmmmmmmmm i guess we'll call it even -_- 0

wake up

1 ~ spin = best wake up punish upclose. teleport
2 ~ 50/50 wake up option and scream HOWEVER each attack can be cross over jump punched out of. you have to burn meter for the low fireball since the regular low fireball wake up is sketchy i cant say for sure but im guessing the :en low fireball has more invincibilty frames. :en low fireball = arguably the best full screen wake up punish???

even

full screen punish

1 ~ dive kick or teleport + 1,2,3,4
2 ~ flight ~ IAF this area she is better but her punish is just 8 % where his can lead to over 25%.. but hers is pretty much safe where he can be punished.

+1 sindel

Ok heres the main issue with this match up which puts it in Laos favor not only is he better at doing everything then her but her best tool the full screen zoning fireball pressure he CAN punish her hardcore with his teleport due to his teleport going upwards while her fireballs goes diagonally down. so if Sindel even tries to use her best tool he can freely punish her with full combos that lead to well over 25% add xray and were talking over 40%. so sindel doing a 2% chip damage=8% if it hits fireball could then lead to her being punished with over 25% combos.. O_O so then this makes the sindel player have to try her other options BUT HE CAN DO ANYTHING SHE CAN DO BETTER.

thats why this match up is 8-2 in Kung laos favor..

Show your signature

CaliJokerstyle

Dies A Lot
vs Kung Lao 2-8
vs Reptile 3-7
vs Raiden 3-7
vs Cyrax 3-7
vs ermac 4-6
vs Kitana 4-6
vs johnny Cage 4-6
vs Liu Kang 4-6
vs Mileena 4-6
vs Nightwolf 4-6
vs Smoke 4-6
vs Kano 4-6
vs Skarlett 4-6
vs Cybersubzero 4-6
vs Kabal 4-6
vs Rain 4-6

vs Kenshi 5-5
vs Shang Tsung 5-5
vs Quan Chi 5-5
vs Scorpion 5-5
vs Subzero 5-5
vs Sindel 5-5
vs Jade 5-5
vs Noob 5-5
vs Sektor 5-5
vs Sonya 6-4
vs Jax 6-4
vs Stryker 6-4
vs Baraka 6-4
vs Sheeva 6-4

whenim not being lazy ill try to go into detail my experience with every match up..
i agree with this list except Noob, because of a good noob player can completely shut down sindels fly cancel instant fireballs with teleports which kills a major part of her game. also you cannot get in a straight projectile war as his are faster and knockdown, he can also use the black hole to force her to move. Her only real chance is up close thats where they are basically even though the black hole resets give him a slight advantage. So i would put this match up at least 6-4 in noobs favor. And noobs who know the matchup well, i give a 7-3. Other than that the list is dead on (though KL has never given me huge problems but, i have not played a true top tier KL)

DanCock

Cock Master!!
i agree with this list except Noob, because of a good noob player can completely shut down sindels fly cancel instant fireballs with teleports which kills a major part of her game. also you cannot get in a straight projectile war as his are faster and knockdown, he can also use the black hole to force her to move. Her only real chance is up close thats where they are basically even though the black hole resets give him a slight advantage. So i would put this match up at least 6-4 in noobs favor. And noobs who know the matchup well, i give a 7-3. Other than that the list is dead on (though KL has never given me huge problems but, i have not played a true top tier KL)
you do know thst upclose she is better and that you have to wait for him to throw out a "fireball then you counter by doing a up forward fireball, NO Flight IAF vs noob. that way she jumps over his clone and shoots out a fireball and it hits him. if a clone hits you and he then tosses out another one you just do wake up :en Low fireball it'll hit him while the clone goes through you. you use the flight cancel to bait out teleports where you will punish with full combo.

idk this match up comes down to whos the better player..

hmm I don't think sindel vs Kung lao, reptile or kabal are that bad. I believe she has a slight advantage Vs Kabal.

6-4 Kabal. *For this matchup I find that sindel shouldn't have too much trouble with his stuff. At full screen sindel wins the projectile war with tiger knee fireballs, low shots and high jump shots. The only thing he has going for him to get is that darn exdash. Sure he will always have the meter, but it only goes 75% percent of the screen raw. Just dont challenge him in the air and you should be fine. And don't block that infinite string he has.

3-7 Kung Lao * I will admit this is a bad matchup for the version we are playing now. But I don't think its stupid hopeless. Kung doesn't respect full screen fire balls like we would like him too. But theres no rule that states we only shoot at full screen. Kung is too strong face to face. But he is horrible at mid-range attacks. Roll,dive kick, spin can all be punished with hair whip and tiger knee fireballs. I'm sure there are other punishes too. But yeah just like Noob he has a real trouble answering too Sin's high speed projectiles. But yeah I think this match is more us trying to punish his options. Hes just such a well mad fast agro character.

5-5 Reptile * He is a great close range character. But you shouldn't loose the full screen game. her fire balls are too quick. And when he does make it too you just low kick and get out of there. Alot of his movement comes from ground speed. Lows in general will eat him.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Dash comes out faster then any move sindel can dream of doing. Reptile stops sindel from using her wake up attacks. And why would he bother with the full screen game vs her? And fireball trading he wins because his free ball pops you up.

I play top players I go to offline tournaments.

Kabal has the slight edge over her due to his dash canceling. Once she gets her armor move it'll be a 5-5 match up.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=43.096920,-77.631375
- Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

CaliJokerstyle

Dies A Lot
you do know thst upclose she is better and that you have to wait for him to throw out a "fireball then you counter by doing a up forward fireball, NO Flight IAF vs noob. that way she jumps over his clone and shoots out a fireball and it hits him. if a clone hits you and he then tosses out another one you just do wake up :en Low fireball it'll hit him while the clone goes through you. you use the flight cancel to bait out teleports where you will punish with full combo.

idk this match up comes down to whos the better player..
true those all work but you need meter to do :en low fireball and without being able to throw fireballs out like normal your meter builds slower. Up close she mgith be better but her BnBs are slower and need meter for high damage.Also his clones can slight anti air so the jump over has to be timed perfect one mistake your still hit. On top of that if he manages to corner you his corner pressure is enough you need meter to escape. Its a very meter intensive battle on her side but not on his. Thats a big reason i see the problems. But you definitley are a better sindel player than i am so im just giving my two cents.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
I'm not better but I have faced some really good noobs. Hmmmm who's noob is giving you problems. Last good one I faced was a kazi guy. His was good But it was a even match up and who ever made the mistakes lost.

Why would you. Not be able to trade fireballs? Let his clone hit you, yours still hits him in a trade off your now grounded you hold the upper hand here now due to her wake up invisibility low fireball. Hmm yea don't get cornered by noob. I tend to have a easier time preventing noobs from cornering me.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=43.096920,-77.631375

CaliJokerstyle

Dies A Lot
maybe it glitches for me but her low fireballs invisibility frames stop and still get hit full screen by noobs standard rush clone

DanCock

Cock Master!!
maybe it glitches for me but her low fireballs invisibility frames stop and still get hit full screen by noobs standard rush clone
Use the enhanced one it has more frames of invincibility. I don't use her normal one to wake up.

---

I play offline and go to tournament too lol. I'm not saying that sc has a better tourney scene than NY. I just don't think Reptiles acid ball is faster than any of sindel's fireballs. but i just don't c what gives reptile such an advantage.

Well Reptile's spit and forceball can stop Sindel's fireball pressure if used right. It can really cut her down if she isn't careful. If Sindel trades with forceball or spit it's not good because she can lose her ground easily. Just a quick spit against jumping fb or acid ball then she's down and caught in mixup territory. Their isn't much she can do here because her wakeup isn't that strong. Sure she can try step up but it's really a gamble you may not want to make.

Reptile's mixups are just that good against her, she doesn't have good defense against heavy pressure like the dash elbow and back green hand.

Kung is good because his hat mixup is just that great and he has teleport. I mean your pretty much stuck against a good Kung, even zoning him sucks because of ex teleport and divekick. You really have to be methodical about your zoning against him, using it only when you know for sure you can hit and not get punished it's difficult.

Thanks for the info. i could definitely see where that acid spit to counter tk fire would give me trouble. You gave me some very valid reasons why he's bad for sin. And thanks for the stuff about kung. I guess for me regardless of who's reptile I'm playing. I've never had problems keeping him out. If he does acid spit I'm often low fireball shooting. An since his ball take time on start up this give me the advantage so he has to commit to coming in. When he does. I try an avoid. But yeah I can see where your coming from.

Oh also I'd like to know if you and anyone else agrees with jade being a 5-5. I dislike this match, though fun to play. She can faze out, and is strong mid range. We have to constantly switch up our approaches mid match. Thoughts?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I need to play Sindel again..... Also I always found the sub zero to be 6-4(mostly because I played terrible sub's now that I think about it:/) but for the most part as long as you watch his slide he cant really zone you out that well. Probably is 5-5 though

Zoidberg747

hmm I don't think sindel vs Kung lao, reptile or kabal are that bad. I believe she has a slight advantage Vs Kabal.

6-4 Kabal. *For this matchup I find that sindel shouldn't have too much trouble with his stuff. At full screen sindel wins the projectile war with tiger knee fireballs, low shots and high jump shots. The only thing he has going for him to get is that darn exdash. Sure he will always have the meter, but it only goes 75% percent of the screen raw. Just dont challenge him in the air and you should be fine. And don't block that infinite string he has.

3-7 Kung Lao * I will admit this is a bad matchup for the version we are playing now. But I don't think its stupid hopeless. Kung doesn't respect full screen fire balls like we would like him too. But theres no rule that states we only shoot at full screen. Kung is too strong face to face. But he is horrible at mid-range attacks. Roll,dive kick, spin can all be punished with hair whip and tiger knee fireballs. I'm sure there are other punishes too. But yeah just like Noob he has a real trouble answering too Sin's high speed projectiles. But yeah I think this match is more us trying to punish his options. Hes just such a well mad fast agro character.

5-5 Reptile * He is a great close range character. But you shouldn't loose the full screen game. her fire balls are too quick. And when he does make it too you just low kick and get out of there. Alot of his movement comes from ground speed. Lows in general will eat him.
Once Kabal gets into that 3,2 dash mixup you are basically screwed against kabal. You can try to outzone him but his EX dash will get him close so that automatically makes it at least 7-3 Kabal IMO.

Reptile is more manageable. Your right that at full screen sindel will own reptile, problem is his dash can get him close pretty fast. Up close its just a matter of Reptile being a better character, because a lot of his moves go straight into combos so IMO it is still 6-4 Reptiles favor.

I agree with Dancock that noob it comes down to the better player.

Can someone explain why Shang is a 4-6 matchup? It seems it would come down to the better Zoner, Up close shang has a bit better of a chance but imo sindel's zoning is way better than shang's so I personally think it is 5-5. Anyone disagree?

How is Baraka even with sindel? Yeah he has EXblade charge but other than that he has no counters to Sindels zoning. Imo it should be at least 6-4 sindel.

Shang's ground fb and air fb are really good against Sindel. Though it's pretty much even because hitting ground or air fb is tough.

Kabal, the difference in zoning comes down to ground saw vs Sindel's fb. Ground saw is really good against Sindel's fb because it causes a knockdown. Kabal is a lot better up close and if he gets close he has a big advantage.

Shang wins full screen projectile war, just because of his verticle fireballs. He is however weak upclose and in the speed department. Full screen sindel dies. But mid range where she can safely mix tk fb's and low ones shang can't do much. His start up is too long. To close in the range on him just watch his hands. If he is shooting forward just react with a low kick are a low fireball. Low fireball can actually trade with his hz fb if done too early. That's why I've later chosen to just keep moving. Also watch out for his xray. That thing has stupid range and auto hits if your in the air. But yeah i guess they gave him the advantage since he hits harder and wins full screen while sindel dominates mid range. I don't find this match to be to hard. Just don't f up or take any of his combo's. And plz wreck him if he soul steals freaking disrespect.

Hmmm I guess i can reason the kabal matchup in that she doesn't win full and mid screen as automatically as he wins close range.

Kitana- Should be 5-5. Why is it more in her favor. She's pretty easy to zone not to mention we can safely avoid most of her crap including xray. The only thing she has going for her is a mediocre up close game and really good pokes.

Stryker vs Sindel is 5-5 from my experience.

Sindel outzones Stryker, but Stryker outpokes her up close and outzones her with meter. The way this match goes down is like this: A race to gain decent life lead then lame it out for the rest of the match/make the opponent come to you.

If Stryker gains life lead, then Sindel is fucked because trading with grenades makes Stryker win. So Sindel has to start rushing down Stryker and then it just gets ugly for Sindel because Stryker just outpokes her way too easily.

The opposite is also true though. If Sindel gains life lead then she can just spam low fireballs/air fireballs and Stryker can't do anything except dash block and make a good read on low fireball.

Zoidberg747

For me its more like 3-7. Basically it becomes very hard to zone him because of his EX shadow kick having armor, and when he gets close and does his pressure/resets its really hard to get out of. I dont personally see why its not 3-7, but feel free to correct me, I dont have that much experience

Zoidberg747

Stryker vs Sindel is 5-5 from my experience.

Sindel outzones Stryker, but Stryker outpokes her up close and outzones her with meter. The way this match goes down is like this: A race to gain decent life lead then lame it out for the rest of the match/make the opponent come to you.

If Stryker gains life lead, then Sindel is fucked because trading with grenades makes Stryker win. So Sindel has to start rushing down Stryker and then it just gets ugly for Sindel because Stryker just outpokes her way too easily.

The opposite is also true though. If Sindel gains life lead then she can just spam low fireballs/air fireballs and Stryker can't do anything except dash block and make a good read on low fireball.
Im pretty sure her low fireball would keep her under grenades, so she would not be trading. If you try and roll step up will knock you back, his gun can be easily avoided by a low fireball. He gets completely outzoned by Sin. Up close yeah he has a bit of an advantage with some of his strings so its still 5-5, but I would not try to grenade once you get a life lead

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Cage Vs sindel could very well be 7-3. Once he gets in her face she's done. But if she can manage to keep him away then she's fine. She doesn't have to worry to much about his ex shadow kick, low fireball doesn't get hit by it. 6-4, better player wins the match up.

Vs Stryker - hmmm sindel can avoid all of his bombs and guns, there's no trade off in the zoning department. Up close he's better but again not much better. I still see this as a 6-4 in sindels favor.

FYI - not many sindels use the flight -IAF like I do, so I can see why some one would think that sindel trades fireballs with Stryker.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk