What's new

Match-up Discussion Sindel Matchup Discussion Thread

Espio

Kokomo
A long time ago DanCock and I said we'd film some Jade versus Sindel and some people wanted that, but we never did lol.

Here it is now though, Dancock played it a lot better than myself.

KH_Captain Sindelia CongoFury Mr. Mileena RunwayMafia xWildx

I figured I'd tag Mr. Mileena since he plays both characters and maybe he can help me figure out what I need to work on in this MU. I know the Sindel match up really well with Stryker, but I'm not sure I'm playing it ideally with Jade.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
A long time ago DanCock and I said we'd film some Jade versus Sindel and some people wanted that, but we never did lol.

Here it is now though, Dancock played it a lot better than myself.

KH_Captain Sindelia CongoFury Mr. Mileena RunwayMafia xWildx

I figured I'd tag Mr. Mileena since he plays both characters and maybe he can help me figure out what I need to work on in this MU. I know the Sindel match up really well with Stryker, but I'm not sure I'm playing it ideally with Jade.
See, me commenting on that matchup based on the video you posted is difficult because I play Sindel so differently lol. When I play this matchup I go full on rushdown and find myself barely throwing any fireballs. The only time I really seem to have an issue is when a Jade can create a barrier, so to speak, at jump distance. Staying there should give you enough time to react to Sindel's standard fireballs as well as punishment opportunities for when you glow through something.

Just don't let Sindel touch you, and stay just outside the range of her 4,4.

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
you play the sindel match just fine bro. looks like vs dancock you got cornered a bit to often got hit by a few too many 4,4s and xrays. and missed some combo opportunities but on the rounds that you didnt do those things you were winning mostly. i still think sindel does some business in the corner especially vs some of the lower tiered characters. though really dancock made some good reads on your flash projectiles and closed the gap really well which is why you were getting cornered so props to him for the good reads and on the xrays. ;)

Trixdee

Noob
Hi guys. :) I'm new to MK9 and I have been playing Sindel. I have a terrible time against my cousin's Kung Lao. I can play against his Sub-Zero pretty well he's a fairly solid Subs too, but his Kung Lao...absolutely destroys me. :( When he plays Subs it's about 6-4 depending on which one of us was smarter/more patient, his Kung Lao I'm 0 for 20 or 1 for 30 consistantly. It seems like everything he does is so fast and so safe and idk how to approach this matchup. Can Sindel even lift in this matchup? It seems just awful for her. Any tips here or via PM appreciated. Or you can Skype me at [email protected]

<33333

Note: I can't get a good connection in an online matchup on this game. :( MK9 has amazing netcode. #kappa

Last edited:

CanadianBaconX

Let's see how long this lasts...
@Trixdee

Wow and actual post on the Sindel board :eek:

Sadly I haven't played MK in a while and even when I did, I had limited experience against good Kung Lao players. For the most part this is a HORRIBLE match up for Sindel. Kung Lao has all the tools to stop you from doing much of anything. Great mobility to avoid your zoning and spin to keep your pressure in check. Honestly the only thing I can say is try to get him to do stupid things. Bait a spin or a bad teleport and get the most out of the punish for it.

I'm sorry if I'm not much help xD