What's new

Match-up Discussion Sindel Match-Up Discussion Re-Vamped

Sindel is the only character I kept up with while I took a 3 month hiatus.
I've actually been studying her more, and I know I don't travel offline anymore.
But I will contribute what I can for Sindel's MU

Scorpion: 5-5
Sub Zero: 5-5
Reptile: 3-7
Ermac: 4-6
Noob: 5-5
Smoke: 3-7
Rain: 5-5
Mileena: 3-7
Kitana: 3-7
Jade: 5-5
Skarlet: 4-6
Sektor: 4-6
Cyrax: 4-6
Cyber Sub: 4-6
Kenshi: 4-6
Freddy: 4-6
Sonya: 2-8
Jax: 4-6
Cage: 4-6
Stryker: 5-5
Kung Lao: 2-8
Kano: 6-4
Nightwolf: 5-5
Kabal: 2-8
Baraka: 6-4
Shang Tsung: 5-5
Quan Chi: 5-5
Raiden: 4-6
Sheeva: 6-4
Lui Kang: 4-6

During my break, I wasn't so prideful in Sindel anymore. I gave her too much credit before I think. I know Sindel players might not like this chart, but honestly, I admit she struggles in various MU's

Gh0sty

ばかみたいに無料
I agree with this chart 100%.....wait a second, your Kitana sat untouched for 3 months? O M G.

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone using a pirated copy of Tapatalk

Kuh Bawl and Lao are indeed her worst MUs and the only 3-7, 2-8 she's got.
I think you had Kang & Raiden at 5-5 in your previous chart, what makes you have it a 4-6 now?
And Cy Sub can be 4-6 her sometimes not sure though.
I also think Kano is a 5-5 and Sektor a 4-6 for the most part. (Speaking from personnal experience)
Kang and Sindel are pretty much equal when zoning.

However, Kang beats her upclose.

Raiden, her high hitbox, her slow pokes and normals can be a problem, plus, zoning is not a strong point in this match for her.

Cyber Sub- You need to know the spacing on the dive kicks, and which fireball to use in the air. Zone him out carefull, proceed to a footsie game if need be.

Kano, she can keep zoning, and evade his low knifes with her low fireball.. hes kano he sucks

Sektor, naked levi cancels can help trick him into thinking you are zoning. She can punish hard, however, this one is still questionable.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Kang and Sindel are pretty much equal when zoning.

However, Kang beats her upclose.

Raiden, her high hitbox, her slow pokes and normals can be a problem, plus, zoning is not a strong point in this match for her.

Cyber Sub- You need to know the spacing on the dive kicks, and which fireball to use in the air. Zone him out carefull, proceed to a footsie game if need be.

Kano, she can keep zoning, and evade his low knifes with her low fireball.. hes kano he sucks

Sektor, naked levi cancels can help trick him into thinking you are zoning. She can punish hard, however, this one is still questionable.
See that's my issue with sektor, sindel has to be on point 100% no fuck ups or she's dead. Sektor has very good tools when facing her. He can make a few mistakes and get away with it. When sindel is on point 100% it's only 5-5 the sindel player makes a mistake and its over. IMO still it's 6-4 sektor.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Espio

Kokomo
Agree on Sheeva, Stryker, and Jade, nice chart<3.

Stryker versus Sindel has steadily become one of my fave match ups to play thanks to Dan :).

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I think Sindel - Scorpion is in her favor..
She actually has good pokes unlike Scorpion and the frame advantage kombined with his slow normals tilt it in more in her favor.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
She's got answers for everything he throws at her except his vortex.
Once she gets caught in it, you wish you had a breaker lol
It's a 6-4 her full screen and a 5-5 midscreen/up close.
In the vortex he's risking as much as you are by 50/50's and in the Neutral game you have poke pressure.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I suspect you've had XP vs. this MU. Have you been fighting a good Sindel then?
She's got her own "vortex" herself though. Once she catches you in a yell/scream, her 50/50s can be a problem.
I was trying to pick her up but she's very execution heavy so I was thinking after I get a hitbox I kan delve deeper into it all.

I picked up Scorpion for fun and it always feels like I need to play riskier to get any good damage and / or keep people in check.

D3 doesn't make anyone respect him since he's minus and d1 is only +1 so it's not enough to grant pressure especially when you konsider the pushback..

Sindel on the other hand has all normal pokes with D4 being plus Seven. (With Levitate Cancel)

Rajjaka

Urriapáh !!
See that's my issue with sektor, sindel has to be on point 100% no fuck ups or she's dead. Sektor has very good tools when facing her. He can make a few mistakes and get away with it. When sindel is on point 100% it's only 5-5 the sindel player makes a mistake and its over. IMO still it's 6-4 sektor.

i agree, but i wouldnt give sektor the matchup lead.... your instant air 1 fireball has to be perfect and sektor will not be able to punish you with is teleport and his insane damage, you will hit him low and the tele can make it trough. Footsie him with levi cancel to block his tele and make no mistakes is the solution...... once youre perfect with your zoning and levicancel crazyness, he is going to doubt is mind in every decition.......besides that i agree with you...make no mistakes !! aha

cheers. !!

SLy

Noob
I wonder why she isn't used enough. All her matchups are winnable except for about 2 or 3.

Seapeople

This one's for you
My Sindel is horrible but from the little experience I have against Sonya I could see it being bad. She has safe armor to interrupt almost all of Sindel's strings & pressure including 44. Sindel has no armor to help deal with Sonya's pressure and limited options to deal with a blocked cartwheel. It seems like Sindel's best chance to win would be at full screen but Sonya has enough mobility to get in sooner or later.

Sindel cannot zone Sonya out.
A good sonya can block 1 or 2, and get in, she can even EX cartwheel from medium distance and get Sindel as she drops.
All it takes is 1 good read, which isn't hard, from sonya, and Sindel is done.

Upclose, Sonya rapes, just rapes Sindel.
The fact that Sindel cannot zone easily makes this MU one of her worst.

Death got really good at the MU, and it made me realize Sindel's zoning (due to it being arced), isn't a problem for sonya (mainly because of her advancing armor)

CongoFury

Levi Cancel Sorcery
Updated January 18th, 2013

Sonya from 4-6 to 2-8
Mileena from 4-6 to 3-7
:eek: Tragic! Just Tragic!

I always wondered to myself about the sonya match-up...
- cause when i was just getting good at the game...my friend and I would have many sonya vs sindel battles. Of course I mained sindel and he was a sonya main. although he wasnt the best sonya player in the world once he managed to work around my zoning and my poo poo mix-ups at the time he picked up much more wins and i had to rethink my game play because once he got in i didnt know how to react to getting him back out. And this was only 7 or 8 months in when the game released. lol. So i can see why sonya is much more of a problem for sindel now esp since ppl are much more developed with their characters/mains.

As far as mileena goes. Ugh that skank....i have no words. lol. I just know for a fact that sindel instantly becomes grounded because of that silly tele-kick ruining everything sindel has going for her zoning wise.

Death

Noob
I agree with the mileena mu. Mileena kills sindel everywhere. She takes away Sindels zoning game. Mileena low hitbox and d4 makes it hard for sindel to approach her. Mileena controls the air and zones her pretty well. 7-3 for sure

Sonya wins too. I'd say 7-3. Sindel zoning isn't good enough to keep Sonya out but it still has a place in the mu. Sindel can't do anything when she's cornered. Sonya ex cartwheel really blows her up in this mu too. She out damages sindel. Faster normals. Better pokes. 7-3. Sindel zoning and meter building keeps it from being an 8-2

KL is 8-2. Sindel players mise well put the controller down when fighting a good KL

DanCock

Cock Master!!
I agree with the mileena mu. Mileena kills sindel everywhere. She takes away Sindels zoning game. Mileena low hitbox and d4 makes it hard for sindel to approach her. Mileena controls the air and zones her pretty well. 7-3 for sure

Sonya wins too. I'd say 7-3. Sindel zoning isn't good enough to keep Sonya out but it still has a place in the mu. Sindel can't do anything when she's cornered. Sonya ex cartwheel really blows her up in this mu too. She out damages sindel. Faster normals. Better pokes. 7-3. Sindel zoning and meter building keeps it from being an 8-2

KL is 8-2. Sindel players mise well put the controller down when fighting a good KL
Oh and yea so fucking true about sindel vs Lao.

I have been tweaking my updated sindel mu chart recently.

I'm guessing you and mr mil have been playing online a lot lately? Is this where you guys are saying the mu vs Sonya is heavily in Sonya's favor?? If so let's play soon because I just don't see it. I know your Sonya is great but each time we have played the match up has not been 2-8 lol almost the opposite.

I think when you have been mil vs me it's been 10-0 you... Mileena is such a kunt :(

Death

Noob
Oh and yea so fucking true about sindel vs Lao.

I have been tweaking my updated sindel mu chart recently.

I'm guessing you and mr mil have been playing online a lot lately? Is this where you guys are saying the mu vs Sonya is heavily in Sonya's favor?? If so let's play soon because I just don't see it. I know your Sonya is great but each time we have played the match up has not been 2-8 lol almost the opposite.

I think when you have been mil vs me it's been 10-0 you... Mileena is such a kunt :(

I don't think it's 8-2 but def Sonya favor. We ran that mu when i first picked up Sonya and you did beat me lol. We should play it now. It will be fun. Mileena sindel is awful