What's new

Sindel General Discussion Thread

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Screaming for her! Queen has returned. I don’t understand what they’re doing with her personality though.
I think someone said that they are trying to make it "less problematic" and push her into a more emboldened 'strong' female whose only in it for wealth/status. Someone laid it all out earlier and it makes sense on paper.

I always wanted her to return as a total bad bitch coming to take back her shit, but I guess a full heel turn is better.

It's a hard leap to take that she would just openly betray all of edenia. If that's the case Kitana and Jade should be livid when they see her again.

Tanya-Fan-28

TanyaShouldBeInMK11
Since when does that make me anti-sexy? Lol all I said was that they are a loud obnoxious bunch who make a ton of noise about nothing important.

Its one thing to be down for whatever when it comes to costumes. But making it a culture war issue as if "the sjws are trying to take away our god given anime tiddies" is absurd.

I play DOA6 on the regular, btw. Dont know how I got labeled the prude around here.
I wasn't trying to counter you. I may have misinterpret your post but what I said wasn't directed at anyone specific. I just replied to the nearest post about the topic. Plus I made it clear I'm not on anyones side, as I to was making fun of bonerculture.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Flat girls are just fine. Half the girls in 11 are stacked anyway. 'Backstory' is much more important.

I personally prefer a coven witch type look or a morrigan style aesthetic with ravens feathers and wicca shit.
I honestly am down for whichever style they go for her, as long as it's dark but regal. I hope they release renders for them before individual trailers.

I think someone said that they are trying to make it "less problematic" and push her into a more emboldened 'strong' female whose only in it for wealth/status. Someone laid it all out earlier and it makes sense on paper.

I always wanted her to return as a total bad bitch coming to take back her shit, but I guess a full heel turn is better.

It's a hard leap to take that she would just openly betray all of edenia. If that's the case Kitana and Jade should be livid when they see her again.
abit bs... her backstory made her interesting and different. They could of made her good again and be strong that way getting her revenge etc. She didn’t need a complete change of story.

I have leaked insider information on Sindel from a NRS employee:

She won't be able to fly, because she's wearing multiple layers of clothes with her new less problematic design.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
According to her voice lines, they are going all in on Dominatrix Sindel, and I'm all for it ♥
Wait, so is she femdomming all the dudes something major, or does she talk to everyone like that, lol.

Edit: she is truly something else this time around

Last edited:

NeonGroovyGator

Vampire mommy simp
I think that since they're going for the Dominatrix angle, they might make Sindel's outfit more revealing.
I love the idea, because it'd fit her personality well judging by the dialogues (unlike the MK9 female outfits for most characters which were pure fanservice)
As a storyteller, that's what I care about the most. The MK9 outfits were fun because of nostalgia and fanservice but in terms of character construction they were pretty bad by storytelling standards.

Lokheit

Noob
I was really upset about the retcon at first, but I kind of get it. She had a lot of plot overlap with Kitana before, and making her more of a Cersei Lannister power-at-all-costs type will make her stand out.

That said, I wouldn't mind if it turned out she was brainwashed again lol
She needs no Kitana to be plot revelant for the good guys and restoring Edenia.

Ok, ok, because you all asked (no one asked) here's my theory, and it IS just a theory , so no-one go spreading it as fact...
We're in agreement that, apart from the violence, MK is opening itself up liberally (Jax Ending, Women's outfits, Kung Jin's sexuality) and trying not to ruffle feathers with its content, yes?

So... the retconned lore starts normally, SIndel and Jerrod, rulers of Edenia, Kahn invades and takes over, but NOW, Sindel willingly betrays Edenia to hook up with Kahn and stay where the money is...

So, here's my thinking. In an era where video games are put under the microscope (rightfully, I might add) whenever any heavy topics are tackled, I think NRS are removing the suicide/forced marriage angle. I think this retcon has happened to remove the implentation of a woman, not only unwillingly forced to become a wife, (and who knows what else) against her will, but also from her committing suicide, and even - at a stretch - abandoning her daughter.

I'm not complaining here, or being 'OMG SJW', or any of that shit. This is just my theory. In the modern day, if you talk about something in a game like suicide, or a man literally forcing a woman to be his wife, in your storyline, you might earn controversy for it (again, I believe we SHOULD ask questions when games tackle those subjects) So I think maybe NRS are turning away from the more controversial aspects of SIndel's backstory. Its easier to have zero risk of backlash, even if people wouldnt have noticed anyway.

With this new storyline: no suicide, and Sindel isn't taken as a forced bride. She's made her own choices, albeit heel ones.

Finally, AGAIN, all theory, and presented as such. I ain't even mad about this, I'm just offering own my thoughts, so don't lose it if you disagree. No arguments.
I'm just happy she's in the game. Real happy.
The thing is, Shao Kahn is EVIL. He's supposed to do BAD THINGS AND HE IS BAD BECAUSE OF IT. Dismembering innocent people isn't the only bad thing someone can do, if they show him as the kind of man that would do that to a woman, that only increases how evil he is. It's not like they're saying "hey, brainwashing and raping women is cool, go and try it!", there is a reason for a lot of people from multiple reals trying to eliminate him.

I relly hope this isn't the reason for the crappy retcon because it would be stupid on their part.

Lokheit

Noob
Seeing some decapitations (the ones where the head is pulled rather than sliced) fatalities and how badly they manage hair (for example, in Sub-Zero's second fatality where he rips the spine and head, characters with braids like Jade get the head removed but the braid is still attached to the back... like... how physics work again?) I'm a bit worried about how they will handle her having a lot of hair and fatalities. I really hope she doesn't suddenly have short hair during fatalities the same way characters lose a lot of gear.

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
Would be sweet if her hair constantly moved like Medusa. Not sure if the engine could handle that though.

xiskza

Underworld
Disgusted that they've retconned her story yet again. Making her generic evil queen is so basic and unfortunate for her character. Rot in hell Boone.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
I have high expectations for her. I really hope they find a way to take the creativity with her hair to the next level. I'd really love it if they made her hair attacks Bayonetta-ish too by making her able to shape it into things for attacks. Or something like that instead of just using it as a whip.

I'll be very disappointed if she's just a super basic zoner who flies around shooting projectiles.

mutha has return
IF ONLY she ends up looking that way... And not clad in some awful-looking cap / havelock and a bio-hazard suit...!

If they screw up Sindel's look -- something that should not be scientifically possible (within the parameters of a functioning brain) -- it will prove that the chorus of those criticising MK11's politicising, were spot-on, and that their protests were indeed justified...

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
Bonerculture is such a fucking meme, no one takes those blowhards seriously.
LOL! Meanwhile Sonya showing a midriff and we can see Jade and Kitana's thigh gap. NRS is just doing a different type of sexy. I know it is a meme and even people who are anti-sjws hate them as no one should legit act like this over characters that don't exist. I like the old costumes as much as the next guy but I will never act like this towards any company.

With that said, If they have her in thigh high boots I will be happy with whatever they do.

Last edited: