What's new

SINDEL FOR MKX

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
Is it bad that I wanted to bang Sindel more than any of the other female characters? Such a great body on an old hag.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
No, I just thing she is a waste of a slot. She didnt kill any of my favourites.
Don't you think every character is a waste of a slot? Do you even like MK? Been hearin a lot of crying from you lately.

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*
To clarify my statements. I do not dislike Sindel, I actually prefer her over a lot of other characters, I just don't see her being playable is all.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Sindel could actually have some pretty cool variations. Maybe a grappler variant with the use of her hair attacks? An anti-zoning build where she can prioritize her scream over other attacks if she lands it enough, or deflect projectiles with a short range sound burst?

The potential is there and I'd love to see NRS capitalize on it.

I give her like 60% to be in (probably as DLC).

It seems like they want to have many family members in this one, so we not Sindel & Kitana?

Also, if you think about it, we have 6 females (Cassie, D'Vorah, Kitana & Jacqui confirmed, and Mileena and Sonya almost confirmed). We usually have 6 and 1 DLC. Since Jade is disconfirmed, Sindel is the next most popular character. I give 60% Sindel, 30% Tanya and 10% other female.

xWildx

I give her like 60% to be in (probably as DLC).

It seems like they want to have many family members in this one, so we not Sindel & Kitana?

Also, if you think about it, we have 6 females (Cassie, D'Vorah, Kitana & Jacqui confirmed, and Mileena and Sonya almost confirmed). We usually have 6 and 1 DLC. Since Jade is disconfirmed, Sindel is the next most popular character. I give 60% Sindel, 30% Tanya and 10% other female.
I cream at the thought of Kitana/Sindel intros <3

to me Sindel, stood out to me the most when i first heard anything about mk, and her unique style and look just made me like her, i dunno why she wouldn't be playable? i haven't really seen a legit reason why she can't.

we don't know yet, but imo she looks like she'll be too much like cassie, and to me cassie looks boring as hell, and if jaquie is the same but with different tools then i consider that a waste of a spot.
If she has different tools, which she does, then she's not the same. If you perceive Jacqui as "the same" as Cassie because of their similar costumes, they are both in the Special Forces, thus wear a similar uniform. There's nothing wrong with that.

If you've read the comic, you'll know they already have different personalties. Additionally, The story trailer has show us that Cassie is a "leader"-type character, while Jacqui is "support"-type character.

Differences on differences on differences.

NRS hasn't been in the business of making copycat characters and pallet swaps since MK7.

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
The reason why people think they just imported her MK9 primary and tweaked it is because of the vest. However, that's her most iconic outfit piece so it was obvious they weren't going to remove that when she's still evil. However, her boots and her gloves have changed as well as having additional straps from the vest to the shoulder pads and fishnet sleeves added. I'm not saying she's in but it wasn't just a port.

She would have been an awesome ~Big Bad~, just saying.

If she has different tools, which she does, then she's not the same. If you perceive Jacqui as "the same" as Cassie because of their similar costumes, they are both in the Special Forces, thus wear a similar uniform. There's nothing wrong with that.

If you've read the comic, you'll know they already have different personalties. Additionally, The story trailer has show us that Cassie is a "leader"-type character, while Jacqui is "support"-type character.

Differences on differences on differences.

NRS hasn't been in the business of making copycat characters and pallet swaps since MK7.
there is a bigger difference between Sindel and Cassie than there is between Cassie and Jacqui.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
While I highly doubt she'll be playable (Rain as well, we need SOME characters just for story purposes) there's no telling what overall DLC characters may consist of.

Going by who it looks like is in the game so far we'll be hurting for some characters who aren't EarthRealm and Special Forces based anyway.
you mean other than...

Kotal
Dvorah
Reptile
Ferra/Torr
Goro
Mileena
Ermac
Scorpion
Kano
Quan Chi
Possibly Rain and Erron Black

vs

Cassie
Takeda
Jacqueline
Kung Jin
Raiden
Kung Lao
Kitana
Maybe Sub Zero (but according to the trailer it looks like he told them to fuck off)

Maybe I'm missing some but... looks like Outworld/Netherrealm/Whatever else has more representation than Earthrealm/Special Forces

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Seriously though.....from an unbiased perspective, she's still pretty badass and just had strangers fuck her shit up (story wise). Also, in terms of variations AND story, she's still unbiasedly so much more interesting than a Hollywood star that knows how to use the gym for example and yet realistically would still would get his ass handed to him with a new hole by about 90% of the roster.

She's not your cliche, go to "feed my male ego of being a martial arts badass I could only hope to be while I show my bare arms" type of character. She was a Queen, a banshee, her fucking hair is epic (and I hate that word), and etc etc. Point is, she has substance, a LOT more than a lot of the cast and it's not being shown as it should.

They try so hard to stretch wood, but cmon, it's wood folks, you can only get so much before you NEED to add a whole bunch of extra shit to make a stale character exciting. The women in this game (previous costumes aside) were far from stale
That's ALL personal preference. To me, a character with no powers and coming from a normal background, Like Stryker or Cage (minus the green shit), is a lot more appealing to me.

And there will be people on both sides of that fence...

xWildx

you mean other than...

Kotal
Dvorah
Reptile
Ferra/Torr
Goro
Mileena
Ermac
Scorpion
Kano
Quan Chi
Possibly Rain and Erron Black

vs

Cassie
Takeda
Jacqueline
Kung Jin
Raiden
Kung Lao
Kitana
Maybe Sub Zero (but according to the trailer it looks like he told them to fuck off)

Maybe I'm missing some but... looks like Outworld/Netherrealm/Whatever else has more representation than Earthrealm/Special Forces

**Sigh** People have to start an argument over EVERYTHING don't they?

I'm sorry, but I feel, considering who we know is probably in, that Cassie, Jacqui, Jax, Sonya, Kung Lao, Kung Jin, Takeda, Johnny Cage, potentially Liu Kang and Kenshi, Kano, Erron, and Sub-Zero is a lot considering the chances of characters like Havik and Tanya making it in are slim to none at this point (not counting DLC).

This is more of a story driven issue anyway, considering the realms don't mean for much in terms of gameplay.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
I'm not gonna praise characters that I find to be shit bud, take NRS's nut sack out ya mouth.
I figured you'd respond by calling me an NRS dick rider. Just out of curiosity, which characters are you a fan of? If any?

Osmedirez

MK Konspiracy Theorist
Ed Boon Trolling? Every character shown in the trailer could be playable. Sindel is yet another character who had long term potential but never really got off the ground prior to the reboot. And in the reboot they made her somehow less likeable, to me, than her situation in the previous universe.

That being said, she needs to be able to be herself to be a well developed character, and I don't know how much story mode screen time she might get in this game. It might be best if she's freed during the game, but not playable (DLC is fine). Wouldn't surprise me. At this point though, we don't even know what Kitana is up to in MKX.. and if Sindel plays a big part of it, she could very well be in. If the leaks about shang and lui kang being in the game are true (not sure myself), then we almost have to deal with the fact that Sindel is carrying Shang's soul around somehow (unless Quan removed it already..?). Heck, that might be why they're fighting her and Kitana around the 25 year mark.

Bottom line is if any characters shown in this trailer isn't playble, Sindel is only one step up from Baraka, and it's a fairly long list. But it's not impossible.

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
Boon said that the big badass will be a old character retourn that people don't expecte. There are Meleena, Kotal, Shinnok probably. So that means that there is another one ?

Osmedirez

MK Konspiracy Theorist
Boon said that the big badass will be a old character retourn that people don't expecte. There are Meleena, Kotal, Shinnok probably. So that means that there is another one ?
Kotal isn't an old character. Mileena, Shinnok maybe...

But we still have that Liu Kang statue at the top of one of the living towers in the Next video..

trufenix

bye felicia
The reason why people think they just imported her MK9 primary and tweaked it is because of the vest. However, that's her most iconic outfit piece so it was obvious they weren't going to remove that when she's still evil. However, her boots and her gloves have changed as well as having additional straps from the vest to the shoulder pads and fishnet sleeves added. I'm not saying she's in but it wasn't just a port.
She's wearing an MK9 styled costume for the same reason Kitana is in that same scene, because that's what they were wearing when they got possessed by Quan Chi. I'm sure her default will be as different from this as Kitana's is.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
**Sigh** People have to start an argument over EVERYTHING don't they?

I'm sorry, but I feel, considering who we know is probably in, that Cassie, Jacqui, Jax, Sonya, Kung Lao, Kung Jin, Takeda, Johnny Cage, potentially Liu Kang and Kenshi, Kano, Erron, and Sub-Zero is a lot considering the chances of characters like Havik and Tanya making it in are slim to none at this point (not counting DLC).

This is more of a story driven issue anyway, considering the realms don't mean for much in terms of gameplay.
Kano and Erron aren't on special forces/earthrealm. You were saying there weren't enough reps from places other than earthrealm... I was just trying to show you that they have plenty. Not trying to start an argument.

Maybe you meant non-human like characters?

She's wearing an MK9 styled costume for the same reason Kitana is in that same scene, because that's what they were wearing when they got possessed by Quan Chi. I'm sure her default will be as different from this as Kitana's is.
Kitana is wearing a new outfit though. I do think Sindel would be cool for MKX. You never know.

xWildx

Kano and Erron aren't on special forces/earthrealm. You were saying there weren't enough reps from places other than earthrealm... I was just trying to show you that they have plenty. Not trying to start an argument.

Maybe you meant non-human like characters?
While Kano is working with Kotal he's originally from EarthRealm, is what I meant by including him. I'm only assuming the same is true of Erron Black.