What's new

Sindel’s Inconsistency

This character has the tools to reach people playing keepaway in each of her variations yet it seems all we're focusing on is fireball equality when she also gets one in v3.
She literally has the things you're asking for.

kevkopdx

Noob
This character has the tools to reach people playing keepaway in each of her variations yet it seems all we're focusing on is fireball equality when she also gets one in v3.
She literally has the things you're asking for.
That seems easier said than done. Concerning v1; At max distance, f2 doesn’t lead to a combo with hair cut. Whip and flip doesn’t combo at all and is full combo punishable on block, make a wrong read and it’s gg. Levitate has zero use. And she sucks up close or full screen. She’s not that great of a character.

That seems easier said than done. Concerning v1; At max distance, f2 doesn’t lead to a combo with hair cut. Whip and flip doesn’t combo at all and is full combo punishable on block, make a wrong read and it’s gg. Levitate has zero use. And she sucks up close or full screen. She’s not that great of a character.
So you don't get a combo for flip, granted, but when you do make the correct read you're now in, which is the main issue of this scenario. Not everything has to score a combo to be good.

Meanwhile, v2 can juke fireballs while crossing the screen and if she tags with j2 or j3, there's your combo.

She has the tools.

kevkopdx

Noob
So you don't get a combo for flip, granted, but when you do make the correct read you're now in, which is the main issue of this scenario. Not everything has to score a combo to be good.

Meanwhile, v2 can juke fireballs while crossing the screen and if she tags with j2 or j3, there's your combo.

She has the tools.
So you work hard to get past zoning And do what exactly? Mix you up with slow ass punishable normals? A 50/50 that leads to nothing? This character is all risk and decent reward. But even then, why bother when other characters do it better. I mean kollector has the same range plus projectiles plus a teleport and better frame data, lol... there is really no point in playing this character unless you’re a sindel fan.

Extremely fuzzyable and both options are unsafe.

you can duck this. Literally everything (except f2) into hair whip can be ducked and punished

why the hell would you do this on block lol
I already mentioned its a high which implies is duckable.

Why the hell wouldn't you ever do her combo starter (mid) special on block when -as you already mentioned- she has other options that can be punished by ducking so hair hut will punish any duck-no-block attempt for a full combo. And even if blocked a punish is not guaranteed because she can amplify and an attempt to punish might give you your combo anyway.

And all of the above is when you don't have defensive meter to cancel your bf2.

She has solid options to keep you guessing and I think she has a very good design and is a balanced character.

Almost every single character variation in this game has a projectile. She would not be OP if they gave her an average projectile, there are too many characters that are much stronger than her. I doubt her v1 is higher than mid tier as is.
Exactly, mid tier. Why that's not fine?

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I already mentioned its a high which implies is duckable.

Why the hell wouldn't you ever do her combo starter (mid) special on block when -as you already mentioned- she has other options that can be punished by ducking so hair hut will punish any duck-no-block attempt for a full combo. And even if blocked a punish is not guaranteed because she can amplify and an attempt to punish might give you your combo anyway.

And all of the above is when you don't have defensive meter to cancel your bf2.

She has solid options to keep you guessing and I think she has a very good design and is a balanced character.
I legit stopped reading when you asked me why wouldn’t I do hair cut on block. If f21 is blocked, you can scream cancel, you can do u2, you can do f21 itself (unsafe but everyone expects a follow up). If you think doing hair cut in block is a serious tactic then I have no idea what to tell you but go off I guess lol

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
Sindel doesnt need a projectile she has a jump that beats most projectiles if used properly, if that's not good enough she has 2 other variations with projectiles. Trading fireballs to win in mk11 is a kombatant tier strat.

So you work hard to get past zoning And do what exactly? Mix you up with slow ass punishable normals? A 50/50 that leads to nothing? This character is all risk and decent reward. But even then, why bother when other characters do it better. I mean kollector has the same range plus projectiles plus a teleport and better frame data, lol... there is really no point in playing this character unless you’re a sindel fan.
Oh, right, this is a "Sindel sucks no matter what" thread. Got it.

I legit stopped reading when you asked me why wouldn’t I do hair cut on block. If f21 is blocked, you can scream cancel, you can do u2, you can do f21 itself (unsafe but everyone expects a follow up). If you think doing hair cut in block is a serious tactic then I have no idea what to tell you but go off I guess lol
It's something you would do like once every 3-4 games when you have no meter. It's usually a poor option but it can work . I already explained why, you are free to go back and read.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
It's something you would do like once every 3-4 games when you have no meter. It's usually a poor option but it can work . I already explained why, you are free to go back and read.
It’s something you should NEVER do lmao.

“Hey guts lets use this extremely easy hit confirmable string and cancel it into a very unsafe special on block. There’s safer options but let’s go that route”

So by that logic, I should cancel into fan lift on block? Scorpion should cancel into teleport? Noob should cancel into teleport?

It’s something you should NEVER do lmao.

“Hey guts lets use this extremely easy hit confirmable string and cancel it into a very unsafe special on block. There’s safer options but let’s go that route”

So by that logic, I should cancel into fan lift on block? Scorpion should cancel into teleport? Noob should cancel into teleport?
You are complaining about how some of Sindel's options after f21 are highs and therefore punishable by ducking, but I'm explaining she has the option to instantly full punish any ducking attempts with hair kut if you guess right. This option is not useless.

Scorpion's tele is a high but if you somehow guess your opponent will try a high-starting punish after f3 on block you might as well go to f3-tele and full punish lol but it-s like 1 in 50. It's just an all-in situation, doesnt mean you should absolutely NEVER do it.