What's new

Since we're not getting MK12 for 2-5 years, NRS should port MK9 to current/next gen consoles.

What the title says. MK9 is regarded as the best MK by most so it would be pretty cool if we could play on current consoles without having to deal with PSNow's shitty problems. Of course, they would have to add rollback netcode, improve practice mode, make necessary frame data changes, nerfs, and fix most glitches. Do not change the combo system though. What are your thoughts? Also while we're here does anyone know if MK9 Liu Kang got a damage nerf? Because I was looking at his combo threads and they all do more damage than when I do them.

And heres a %70 1 Bar Jax reset I found:

Komatose

The Prettiest
They should and they could make a lot of money off of it too if they wanted so I’m not sure what the hold up is...

molambo

(X ౪ X )
They should and they could make a lot of money off of it too if they wanted so I’m not sure what the hold up is...
maybe its time to slap that tinted glasses away from some people. look at the game...i mean really look at the game.
no one in theire right mind would buy it these days outside of the few people who claim its the best of the best.
there is little to no money to be made with it at this point....

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
I think it would sell well if it was updated graphically speaking AND if it was updated with a balance patch, but they won’t put in all that work and effort for a game that wouldn’t be played competitively because it wouldn’t sell across the board generally

Komatose

The Prettiest
maybe its time to slap that tinted glasses away from some people. look at the game...i mean really look at the game.
no one in theire right mind would buy it these days outside of the few people who claim its the best of the best.
there is little to no money to be made with it at this point....
If you choose to believe that, who am I to say you’re wrong? Lol

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
Wasn't there someone who was trying to balance MK9 and said that it was not possible to fix everything due how the game was built? I love MK9 and it was great during it time, but I can't see WB approving the ok to give rollback and update to a 10 year old game especially how they just went about with MK11 that they profited off more.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I'd be all for MK9 being ported. Being able to play older games is great.

That being said, I'm not sure what kind of reception it'd actually get. People who started with MK9 or were around when MK9 first came out might really dig it for the nostalgia, but I'm not sure about players who started with MKX or MK11.

I'd be all for MK9 being ported. Being able to play older games is great.

That being said, I'm not sure what kind of reception it'd actually get. People who started with MK9 or were around when MK9 first came out might really dig it for the nostalgia, but I'm not sure about players who started with MKX or MK11.
Yup. I'd buy it for nostalgia, absolutely. I think newer/younger players however would not like it at all.

BlackJackSnack

Bags of mostly water
Wasn't there someone who was trying to balance MK9 and said that it was not possible to fix everything due how the game was built? I love MK9 and it was great during it time, but I can't see WB approving the ok to give rollback and update to a 10 year old game especially how they just went about with MK11 that they profited off more.
If they re-rendered the game in a higher resolution and fixed a couple of bugs while leaving the gameplay the same I think it would be worth it possibly... hard to tell if it would be worth it financially or not

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
MK Online Edition;

• MK2
  • UMK3
  • MK Deception ( i think this game is the best from 3D Era )
  • MK9
  • Godlike Netcode
  • Extras ( imagine Fujin is in MK9, Noob and Rain are playable in UMK3 with Trilogy moveset, Smoke, Jade and Noob are playable in MK2, additional skins or colors, something like these ideas )
Make everyone happy. i didn't put MKX and MK11 to the list because they are already there.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
If they re-rendered the game in a higher resolution and fixed a couple of bugs while leaving the gameplay the same I think it would be worth it possibly... hard to tell if it would be worth it financially or not
They would absolutely get blown up for being ‘lazy’, etc., and attempting a ‘cash grab’ from a barely-updated game that’s only two MKs prior to the recent one.

Social media and gaming journalism would eviscerate them completely, and all for a game that most people aren’t asking for outside of a very select hardcore few.

Really going out on a limb with this one.
It's pretty much all set but unknown how long it will take. Release either in autumn of 2023 or spring of 2024. Most releases have been in April, but I think Injustice 3 is earlier now.

MK12 writer and story is decided, but I have little to share

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
It's pretty much all set but unknown how long it will take. Release either in autumn of 2023 or spring of 2024. Most releases have been in April, but I think Injustice 3 is earlier now.

MK12 writer and story is decided, but I have little to share
Are they for sure doing a game in-between MK11 and MK12?

Are they for sure doing a game in-between MK11 and MK12?
Yes, I think they're going to announce Injustice3 soon. Also an adventure MK with Onaga, coming with MK12, but that will take time.

It's like Shaolin Monks, but in Outworld, like "Fire&Ice" and a new WB hired writer from the old MK trilogy will work on it. ;))

Yes, I think they're going to announce Injustice3 soon. Also an adventure MK with Onaga, coming with MK12, but that will take time.

It's like Shaolin Monks, but in Outworld, like "Fire&Ice" and a new WB hired writer from the old MK trilogy will work on it. ;))
That would be very cool.