What's new

Tech Silly Slide Wakeup Projectile Invincible?

I was messing around online ranked and used her silly slide on wakeup. It went right thru jokers gunshot. Also used it against shazam and his flying grab went right through me. Is this a new change or has it always been this way? I don't recall reading this in any of the other threads, but please correct me if its already known.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
I was messing around online ranked and used her silly slide on wakeup. It went right thru jokers gunshot. Also used it against shazam and his flying grab went right through me. Is this a new change or has it always been this way? I don't recall reading this in any of the other threads, but please correct me if its already known.
Unsure is SS on wake up is invincible.. There are two types of wakesups.. Those that can be hit out of- usually with a meaty (unsafe) and then those that almost act as a pseudo hit of armor (safe/invincible) from what you are saying it sounds like SS is the latter.. Will have to test. :)

I've tried it some more and was poked out of it by a crouching 1. But vs projectiles it seems to go through them. Didnt see any health change to indicate it was armor absorbtion, but idk. Was online and the timings are strange. Going to the lab to try it out.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
I've tried it some more and was poked out of it by a crouching 1. But vs projectiles it seems to go through them. Didnt see any health change to indicate it was armor absorbtion, but idk. Was online and the timings are strange. Going to the lab to try it out.
Right.. Which was my fear, that it can go through a single hit special/projectile..and yet get poked out of...
As my armor comment- i didn't say it was armor.. But similar property to armor move (ie: go through a projectile like Jokers gun or Shazam! Torpedo) :)

Yea, can't replicate it perfectly. Only happens on a perfectly timed wake up which I think (not sure, feel free to correct) going based off what your saying and what Ive read is a universal mechanic for wake ups. Im still relatively new to Injustice and its mechanics, coming from a Street Fighter oriented background. Appreciate the reply though.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Yea, can't replicate it perfectly. Only happens on a perfectly timed wake up which I think (not sure, feel free to correct) going based off what your saying and what Ive read is a universal mechanic for wake ups. Im still relatively new to Injustice and its mechanics, coming from a Street Fighter oriented background. Appreciate the reply though.
Yup.. Would be considered more universal that character specific.. No worries man- always good to see Harley players thinking outside the box and trying new things.. It's what we do :)

Also.. In bit saying its useless cause Joker likes using the gun on your wake up if you are not close.. I would not use it as a fail safe vs everyone.

Welcome to Harleyville man :)

Thanks man. I only did it the first time cus of an input error, but saw that it worked lol. Kept trying it, but like you said not a very practical way to wake up, which is sad cus I feel thats one of Harley's weakest areas. Getting knocked down in the corner is a bad spot to be in. That and her useless trait. Shes only a few tweaks away from going from good character to great imo.

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
silly slide and play doctor have some invincibility, but tantrum stance is pretty much fully invincible. i think it's always been that way. wakeup attacks were buffed in the scorpion patch so human can perform them on the very first frame now, so maybe it's just easier for you to do.

k1nG_Qu1nN

The King
silly slide and play doctor have some invincibility, but tantrum stance is pretty much fully invincible. i think it's always been that way. wakeup attacks were buffed in the scorpion patch so human can perform them on the very first frame now, so maybe it's just easier for you to do.
Yeah but they just have to block low since everything out of TS is either low/mid. They really need to make TS1 overhead.

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
Yeah but they just have to block low since everything out of TS is either low/mid. They really need to make TS1 overhead.
the real problem is when they jump over it.
oddly enough, harley can avoid offense from most characters by using wakeup tantrum. if it auto corrected, they'd be toast.