What's new

Silly question: brutalities

Lun

proud TERF!
So, how do they work in MK11? I've purposefully avoided watching them, but that also means I haven't quite understood how are they performed in this game.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
same as MKx... as in there are requirements during the round and the last hit that kills causes the brutality. It is unknown (as far as I know) if the requirements are as complex as they were in MKx.. but my guess it will be nearly identical to MKx. Basically a "crushing blow" is just a ingame brutality in some ways as in a animated extension to a move that occurs if a condition is met.

ScorpXL

Goro?
I imagine they would function the same way they did in MKX. Just fulfill the brutalities requirement during the match e.g. hold down a certain button for the final hit, etc

Lun

proud TERF!
I see. I sure hope the requirements won't be as difficult as they were in MKX.... I'd never pull off a brutality in an online battle.

Kratilim

Noob
I see. I sure hope the requirements won't be as difficult as they were in MKX.... I'd never pull off a brutality in an online battle.
Probably the same as in MKX, some were fairly easy to perform like Sub Zero's head shatter or body shatter Brutalities. Some probably harder. Since there seem to be about 10 per character, I'd say they're going to do somewhat of the same mix in difficulty.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
So, how do they work in MK11? I've purposefully avoided watching them, but that also means I haven't quite understood how are they performed in this game.
Same as MKX most likely.

What I'm curious about, is whether they'll be easier conditions or harder, or very similar.

What I am hoping is that some of the Brutalities are tied to Krushing Blows like how you had X-ray Brutalities. Fatal Blow Brutalities would be cool.

I think doing a 7 to 10 hit Kombo triggering Brutalities that requires execution would be nice as well to pay homage to the original Brutalities that were essentially a 10 hit Kombo string. Also seeing a Brutality during a juggle Kombo would be awesome.

If there is 10 per character then I hope there are loads of different requirements like how there is for Krushing Blows!

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Im surprised they haven't yet told us how to perform brutalities, anyway.
I believe that is because the mechanic, did not change from MKX.

If it would like the transition from X-RAY to Fatal Blow, than we would be introduced to it.

Lun

proud TERF!
Some Brutalities had crazy requirements - those can be a pain. Other than that, there is nothing to worry about.
I remember I barely if ever pulled Brutalities in MKX, since I was more concerned about winning the fight than meeting the requirements. So I hope MKXI will make them a little more accessible.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
I think I saw in some gameplay video that one of Kano's brutalities just requires you to hold a button during the animation of the killing move, no other requirements.

one of Kano's brutalities just requires you to hold a button during the animation of the killing move, no other requirements.
A lot in MKX were the same, not overly complicated. Hold/mash the final button of the special move, or hold a direction after the final hit, or use X move 5 times and win with X or Y move.

Then there's some as mini fatalities, do B,F,B during last hit on X move.

There's probably some more as well, but on the whole most characters had at least one easy to do brutality, and one with an extra requirement/s.

I still think it's one of the best things they've added to the series. A big part of the fun was getting all the requirements or finishing with a particular move. Do you go for the easy rushdown combo or anti-air? Or do you try and finish with a combo/move that can lead to a brutality?

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
A lot in MKX were the same, not overly complicated. Hold/mash the final button of the special move, or hold a direction after the final hit, or use X move 5 times and win with X or Y move.

Then there's some as mini fatalities, do B,F,B during last hit on X move.

There's probably some more as well, but on the whole most characters had at least one easy to do brutality, and one with an extra requirement/s.

I still think it's one of the best things they've added to the series. A big part of the fun was getting all the requirements or finishing with a particular move. Do you go for the easy rushdown combo or anti-air? Or do you try and finish with a combo/move that can lead to a brutality?
Not only that. They add to the hype. I hope they keep some kind of during the match requirements. Brutalities don't influence gameplay so it's reasonable. Like fatalities. It's just fun and hype.