What's new

Signed/Framed Mortal Kombat Disc & Cover to be raffled off during Phil's 24hr Charity Stream

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Next weekend is Phil's 24hr charity stream that benefits multiple charities and one we will be adding is for TYM's webmaster, ( admin ) Seth's Marathon race "LIVESTRONG" in NY that he will be running for on November 4th I believe. I wanted to let you guys know that before the date had to be changed I did begin making plans to attend this stream but after it had to be changed I can no longer attend as it's my wife's birthday.

With this said, I recently got back from getting the game "professionally framed" (costing me about $85) and will be sending it in the mail to Phil by Tuesday. The plan is ti have it raffled off on stream... perhaps $1 per raffle ticket? The details haven't been worked 100% yet but ALL MONEY will be going to Seth's race which goes 100% towards fighting Cancer.

Here's a reminder of what is being framed...
mk91.jpgmk92.jpgmk93.jpg

EDIT: Pages w/ names NOT being framed. It's just there to show how many signatures are on the cover and disc*

Take note of the following signatures:
  • Ed Boon (right side of front cover)
  • Hector Sanchez (lower right corner, "EVO2K MK9 HEC!"
  • Brian LeBaron
  • LaD Lurker (from Chile, in silver on front cover)
  • A f0xy Grampa "AFG" front cover
  • UsedForGlue (left side of front cover)
  • Mustard (disc)
  • Ketchup (disc)
  • Mr. Wizard of SRK & EVO (signed over "M" rating)
  • Tom Cannon (co-founder of SRK & EVO) bottom left of back cover
  • *Team Sp00ky*(lower right corner of back cover)
  • Perfect Legend (disc)
  • Plus roughly 50+ signatures from the players in Mortal Kombat at Evo 2012
There are a ton of signatures... all of which I hunted down the people for them to sign it and ALL of these people were at Evo 2012 for Mortal Kombat making this IMO a very historical piece for the Mortal Kombat community. It shows two years of historic Evo competition, community and legacy. The fact is... this isn't easy for me to let go, but it's being made available to help out a very special cause. And whomever the lucky person is that wins this... that's where the professional framing came in to play. We weren't just going to hand you a signed copy of the game. This way when you get it, may it hold a very special space on your wall.
I will be taking pictures of it when I pick it up on Monday so you can all see just how awesome it's going to look.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Well played gentlemen. Count me in. :)
And I'll still donate anyway, just sucks I wont be able to play you guys lol

Noob
This is yet another amazing thing added to this charity stream.

So far we are either raffling off or giving away:

-Storms signed MK9
-1 Arcade Stick(details coming)
-1 Free System repair(PS3 or 360) provided by Gamers Edge
-1 or 2(depends if I can get them) KombatNetwork Kares shirts and/or hoodies
-2lbs of homemade cookies and brownies made by my wife

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"

-Storms signed MK9
If I win those brownies they'll probably be really stale by the time I get them.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26

-Storms signed MK9

9.95 Im going to give you a unopened MK9 game for the Vita

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
Cool, I've got something like this except I had the little artbook that came with the kollector's edition autographed by the participants of final round. Has some good signatures there, like REO, CD JR, CD, Maxter, Pig of the Hut, 16 bit, Lord of the Fly, Joker, Tyler Lantern, Blackula, Showtime, Detroitballin, etc etc. But none of the developers lol.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
If I win those brownies they'll probably be really stale by the time I get them.
And it'd probably cost me more to ship my old Xbox to Gamer's Edge and back if I win that "free repair" than it would to get it fixed here. LOL