What's new

Shutting down Scorpion's tele for good.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
While not many character have a meterless launcher, Skarlet can flawless block some moves which puts her opponents at massive disadvantage, and she can exploit this to start getting 212 often into big launches.
Check this match, i was fighting this Kotal player, and after mopping him for 2 games straight, he figured maybe it was due the zoning and as any good boy in MK11, we know how everyone has a pocket scorpion to try to mess things up, i already knew which one he was going to pick but he didn't knew i was ready, the rest is history, enjoy.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
The safe cancel is a broken mechanic. Why should he be able to negate the risk of his reward? Jade can't cancel her shadow kick to make it safe. Her pole vault cancel in her V2 is also negative.

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
The safe cancel is a broken mechanic. Why should he be able to negate the risk of his reward? Jade can't cancel her shadow kick to make it safe. Her pole vault cancel in her V2 is also negative.
Well it takes a gear spot, and defensive and offensive meter right?

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Eddy that set is wack and it's a bad video lol. You punished like less than half the teleports he did. How do you claim this is the way to deal with teleports when you miss out on punishing more than half of them

EDIT: I just counted and you punished 4 out of 10 punishable teleports lol. Eddy pls

He is a basic bitch character. Like how Nightmare is from SC. Its like those uncultured thot memes "What's your fave Nirvana song?" thot: Smells like Teen Spirit! <3"
Sorry I didnt get the reference, nor I play SC.. :) But I guess you mean he is considered a character who any scrub can pick up and beat a solid opponent because of his OP tools?

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
He is a basic bitch character. Like how Nightmare is from SC. Its like those uncultured thot memes "What's your fave Nirvana song?" thot: Smells like Teen Spirit! <3"
GET OUTTA MY HEAD! LOL I was thinking the same fucking thing about Scorpion comparing him to Nightmare in SC. Everybody wants to picks because hes one of (IF NOT) the safest characters in the game.

Currently struggling against this asshole, and trying to figure whats the best variation against Scorpion. What are y'all thoughts on that? Which variation you think is most effective against him?

Darumm

Noob
Finally got to upload some stuff I recorded while labbing

Here are some options against Scorpion's teleport

You can punish both teleports with 124xxDB4 and 212 212 44xxDB4 F

You can counter the Amplified Teleport by Flawless blocking the 1st hit, but if you are a bit late you will get hit by the 2nd hit
You can also counter the Amplified Teleport by Flawless blocking the 2nd hit and, of course, hit them with the other punishes
U2 212 4xxDB4 F

And you can also counter before the first hit of the teleport with 124xxDB4, though it only makes sense to try it if the chip would kill

P.S. Use 124xxBF2 Amp instead of 124xxDB4 to recover some health

I don't get it. What's the point of flawless blocking the teleport. It's punishable either way. Also what's up with the Scorpion hate ffs
People hate scorpion cause they feel he cheap. Since he is popular noobs flock to him & give him a bad name. Some are even calling for nerfs. As a scorpion main I laugh when I see spammers pick him & get destroyed.

Tanya-Fan-28

TanyaShouldBeInMK11
GET OUTTA MY HEAD! LOL I was thinking the same fucking thing about Scorpion comparing him to Nightmare in SC. Everybody wants to picks because hes one of (IF NOT) the safest characters in the game.

Currently struggling against this asshole, and trying to figure whats the best variation against Scorpion. What are y'all thoughts on that? Which variation you think is most effective against him?
Haha well he is a basic characters. I don't realy practice with anyone but my mains (Skarlet, Cetrion, Kitana-Khan and Jade) so don't take word for it on who I think is 'best'. Kitana-Khans quikest block punisher is 8 frames (1,2) and you can hit confirm it with anything. After blocking Scorps 'get over here' move, bf2 is best to punish it in my experience. Its in her tourny variation I believe. Sometimes Skarlets S1 and D1 will punish his teleport everytime, its pretty consistant. You can hit confirm s1 as well. Or use the full string after a teleport punish 124 for a kb.

Scorpion fastest attack is standing 1 at 8 frames. It's trash because it has no range. He also struggles mightily against fast characters like Liu.

Haha well he is a basic characters. I don't realy practice with anyone but my mains (Skarlet, Cetrion, Kitana-Khan and Jade) so don't take word for it on who I think is 'best'. Kitana-Khans quikest block punisher is 8 frames (1,2) and you can hit confirm it with anything. After blocking Scorps 'get over here' move, bf2 is best to punish it in my experience. Its in her tourny variation I believe. Sometimes Skarlets S1 and D1 will punish his teleport everytime, its pretty consistant. You can hit confirm s1 as well. Or use the full string after a teleport punish 124 for a kb.
I'm a scorpion main. He is VERY punishable, even his strings.

Man was y'all like this when mkx was around? I wasn't on tym when mkx came out but surely y'all didn't complain this much about mkx scorpion teleport

People didn't pick nightmare just on him having safe options. I mean nightmare has better frame data than scorpion. They pick nightmare because he's strong and a long standing legacy character. I play nightmare. It's the same shit happening too. Nightmare was a simple pick, scrubs get whooped by nightmare, scrubs complain about nightmare, devs hear outcry, and nerf nightmare

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Wait wait PAUSE! So you're telling me, I can anticipate the teleport and jab him out of it before he hits me !?QUESTION MARK?! This i gotta test! Because if that shit is true, this will shut his whole shit down! ;)

Darumm

Noob
Im testing that shit TODAY and give y'all the results. :)
Check my video above around the 00:35 mark, I counter the teleport with 124xxDB4 before the firts hit of the teleport comes out
I had a hard time in practice with it, I'm not sure how viable it is in a real match

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Check my video above around the 00:35 mark, I counter the teleport with 124xxDB4 before the firts hit of the teleport comes out
I had a hard time in practice with it, I'm not sure how viable it is in a real match
I just saw it. Basically the same stuff i came up with except the flawless block and jabbing him out of the teleport. Im gonna really try the jabbing part because that shit would put fear in ANY Scorpion player if pulled off consistently.