What's new

Tech Shutting down Black Adam's wake up options.

Mojo

Noob
Sorry if people know about this already but I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere.

So yesterday I decided to pick up Doomsday and while I was in the lab I was looking for ways to stop BA from using wake up attacks since he has no real reason not to. What I found was that lightning cage is his one truly invincible wake up attack. Every other wake up attack he has will get beat by Domesday's d1. So at this point I knew lightning cage was all that mattered. After messing around some more I found that there is small gap where you can hit BA when he does wake up lightning cage.​
It took me a while to figure out how to exploit this gap, but I figured since you can 2in1 any normal into a special if your opponent does a wake up then there must be some normal that can cancel into some special that will hit him during this gap that is also safe. Turns out that d1 which will hit him out of every other wake up attack anyway when canceled into earth shake will hit him during that gap. Meaty stand 2 xx venom work as well and is obviously the better option if you have meter to get advantage.​
Also this is something that you're going to have to practice since the timing is pretty strict but it's possible to get consistently because I pretty much have it down now.​

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Sorry if people know about this already but I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere.

So yesterday I decided to pick up Doomsday and while I was in the lab I was looking for ways to stop BA from using wake up attacks since he has no real reason not to. What I found was that lightning cage is his one truly invincible wake up attack. Every other wake up attack he has will get beat by Domesday's d1. So at this point I knew lightning cage was all that mattered. After messing around some more I found that there is small gap where you can hit BA when he does wake up lightning cage.

It took me a while to figure out how to exploit this gap, but I figured since you can 2in1 any normal into a special if your opponent does a wake up then there must be some normal that can cancel into some special that will hit him during this gap that is also safe. Turns out that d1 which will hit him out of every other wake up attack anyway when canceled into earth shake will hit him during that gap. Meaty stand 2 xx venom work as well and is obviously the better option if you have meter to get advantage.

Also this is something that you're going to have to practice since the timing is pretty strict but it's possible to get consistently because I pretty much have it down now.
or you could actually look into the thread metzos made that is dedicated to stuffing or punishing wakeups

This indeed looks like new tech. Props for finding a way to get ES to beat Lightning Cage!

Just one question though, do you have any set ups that make it consistent? Best I could find was Venom > delayed MB> dash forward> d.LPXX ES- this will work if they didn't quick roll and did a wake up lightning cage.

Sadly I don't think ES> dash forward> d.LPXX ES works, does it?

Mojo

Noob
or you could actually look into the thread metzos made that is dedicated to stuffing or punishing wakeups
That's my bad I should have looked around before posting, never really played DD before so I guess I jumped the gun.

Mojo

Noob
That's my bad I should have looked around before posting, never really played DD before so I guess I jumped the gun.