What's new

Should we ban certain stages from Tournament play if unblockable interactables go unchanged?

Which stages should we ban from Tournaments if neccessary?

• Total voters

Bleu231

Tohan playing shotgun
(Power Character) = Only Power characters have access to unblockable interactables in that stage.

In the midst of all the complaints about top tier characters in Injustice 2, there is one thing that I hope we can all agree on:
The unblockable interactables need changing. What I'm suggesting is to remove certain stages from Tournament play entirely if the unblockables aren't changed in the next patch.

I'm pretty sure NRS had a feeling this issue would come up because of the option to disable certain stages from being selected in the offline Tournament gamemode. With that being said, if the next patch leaves the unblockable interactables as it is, which stages should we ban from tournament play?

I have listed all stages in the poll above, since they all have unblockables of some sort. Select which ones you think should be removed from tournament play, and feel free to post your thoughts below.

Tweedy

Noob
This is a very casual site so you'll see a lot of joker's playground votes, despite it being not even really a top 5 problem stage. It just has a lot of unblockables so at surface value it seems like an issue, however, they're mostly avoidable.

Atlantis, Batcave, Red Sun, on the other hand. lol

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
"We" aren't going to do anything; most of the big tournaments this year are on a pro tour that is guided by NRS. They make the rules, basically. Case in point: Evo had to adhere to 3/5 without changing the timer.

If they haven't banned anything but characters yet, I'm not entirely sure they will ever.

Well power characters aren't the problem (if there is an actual problem).

Acrobatic characters that can get resets from unblockable interactables, especially once everyone starts implementing them, will be the problem everyone complains about.

I believe midscreen interactables should be blockable but that's just my opinion currently.

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor
You need a none of the above selection in that poll.
Also don't they have a interactable option that you can turn off?
If they were to make each interactable blockable they would have to make each background object possible to be used in a combo. So that means some start up times of having to pick specific objects up would have to be increased.

Last edited:

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I have seen a lot of problems the game has. It's not just the chars and the scrubs. It's the interactables. I remember someone of you using Atrocitus with the interactable at Brainiac's ship. It was a fucking loop. It was, also, reported from Pig himself.

It would be nice to ban them by selecting the interactables off, but it's up to NRS and WB to decide that.

You should devise your own strategy to avoid certain interactables and counter them. So git gud.

Bleu231

Tohan playing shotgun
"We" aren't going to do anything; most of the big tournaments this year are on a pro tour that is guided by NRS. They make the rules, basically. Case in point: Evo had to adhere to 3/5 without changing the timer.

If they haven't banned anything but characters yet, I'm not entirely sure they will ever.
You make a very valid point. Now that I see that the general consensus seems to be no on banning stages I highly doubt that's ever going to happen.

Thanks for the responses everyone, I made this thread because I had been pondering this question in my head for a while more or less because I saw other people's complaints about interactables. So I wanted to know what you guys thought.

EDIT: Also I forgot to put a "None" option in the poll, that was my bad.

Last edited:

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
None of that should be changed, stages in NRS games have become one of the key parts to your gameplan in these games, and the intractables are what makes the stages that way. Even if a few intractables are unblockable, it's not like that they are broken in any way, and these unblockable intractables aren't multi-time usable, last time I've checked.

The answer is no.

Last edited:

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
None of that should be changed, stages in NRS games have become one of the key parts to your gameplan in these games, and the intractables is what makes the stages that way. Even if a few intractables are unblockable, it's not like that they are broken in any way, and these unblockable intractables aren't multi-time usable, last time I've checked.

The answer is no.
Atlantis console with acrobats...

Shaka

Tier Whore.
Ban all of them, they are way too dark. Idk why they didn't include a training room stage for this game.

Roy Arkon

Ban all of them, they are way too dark. Idk why they didn't include a training room stage for this game.
Yeah it's weird that they included a training stage in MKX which you can check all of the intractables in but they didn't put a training stage for either IJ1 or IJ2.

Bleu231

Tohan playing shotgun
Sorry but what are you talking about?
If you're a gadget character, you can use the unblockable corner escape bomb on the right side of the first arena of Atlantis as many times as you want, which can lead to dirty setups. :p

Roy Arkon

If you're a gadget character, you can use the unblockable corner escape bomb on the right side of the first arena of Atlantis as many times as you want, which can lead to dirty setups. :p
Ok but the gadget character needs to make it to the corner first, and if he does he takes a risk of letting the opponent starting his corner game.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I only see a few options.
  1. Turn off interactables.
  2. Ban stages.
  3. Patch unlimited armor on interactables to 1-2. Just something less and manageable.
  4. Patch all interactables to be blockable.
I say ban whatever stages because i do like seeing interactables use. It helps diversify the game in the genre. And that until number 4 happens. Because i doubt number 3 happens.

But i also doubt the community cares enough for anything to happen. Really a toss up if NRS changes anything besides stopping the crazy shit cupcakes posts on twitter.

SwagMountains

Yes we Kahn
Ok but the gadget character needs to make it to the corner first, and if he does he takes a risk of letting the opponent starting his corner game.
Holdup what. Are you saying it's especially difficult for catwoman to get you into a corner haha? It's beneficial for everyone to corner their opponent, so saying that you risk your opponent cornering you by putting yourself in an incredibly advantageous situation is an unfounded argument. The corner interactable on the right side of atlantis is absurd because you don't take a risk to use it, you can do a crossup into a blockstring, activate it repeat. Truly truly this reusable interactable is absurd. A stage should not swing matchups this badly