What's new

Question - Warrior Should Warrior predator be able to choose when to Self-Detonate AT ANY TIME?

Should this buff be added?

• Yes, let the warrior rise from the dead

Votes: 48 80.0%
  • No, kill the ugly mofo

Votes: 12 20.0%

• Total voters

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Self-Detonate is pretty useless in its current state, and considering this is his main "tool" in a rushdown variation, it needs help. Being able to self detonate at anytime would mean his unsafe specials/strings could become safe and launch on hit for an easy follow-up meterless. Keep in mind doing this special does 10% to predator himself so its not like you can keep doing this for free.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Self-Detonate is pretty useless in its current state, and considering this is his main "tool" in a rushdown variation, it needs help. Being able to self detonate at anytime would mean his unsafe specials/strings could become safe and launch on hit for an easy follow-up meterless. Keep in mind doing this special does 10% to predator himself so its not like you can keep doing this for free.
I'd say allow him to block and keep it. reduce some of the frames on it so he can activate it more. I don't know about allowing him to hold on to it. Because he can get like 40%+ (meterless? it's been a while). Maybe increase the timer but allow him to early detonate. On a read you could eat 10% to launch. You get more set up time. He'll need that if he can keep it on block. And if he can early detonate than you don't need to force a specific setup. That would make it much better but still fair imo.

DarksydeDash

I'd say allow him to block and keep it. reduce some of the frames on it so he can activate it more. I don't know about allowing him to hold on to it. Because he can get like 40%+ (meterless? it's been a while). Maybe increase the timer but allow him to early detonate. On a read you could eat 10% to launch. You get more set up time. He'll need that if he can keep it on block. And if he can early detonate than you don't need to force a specific setup. That would make it much better but still fair imo.
He already keeps it on block. And yes he can get 40% metetless off an impractical combo starter.

DarkSydeDiscord

All Around Bad Guy Player
I think he should also have a new move in Warrior where he throws his spear. The MB version should stun on hit giving enough time to activate the self-destruct. At the current point, the move is useless. It NEEDS something to buff it even if that means giving it a hit of armor throught the duration.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
He already keeps it on block. And yes he can get 40% metetless off an impractical combo starter.
ah ok. And it's probably only impractical because you can't just pop whenever you want. So you don't get the perfect stab move condition. I still say give him more time. Like double the timer. And give a command to detonate it like hunter traps. EX should probably give him armor on startup (So you can armor through then use the detonate command right after.) And give him a damage threshold before he loses the buff. So stray hits don't waste a bar.

DarksydeDash

ah ok. And it's probably only impractical because you can't just pop whenever you want. So you don't get the perfect stab move condition. I still say give him more time. Like double the timer. And give a command to detonate it like hunter traps. EX should probably give him armor on startup (So you can armor through then use the detonate command right after.) And give him a damage threshold before he loses the buff. So stray hits don't waste a bar.
Its his 321+3 string which has no mixup.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Also make it so it doesn't go away on hit.

I'd say this right here.

Keep the start up the same and the countdown the same.

Now it becomes a very difficult move to utilize, but it forces the opponent to make decisions in the neutral. It also works as a pseudo combo breaker.

DarksydeDash

I'd say this right here.

Keep the start up the same and the countdown the same.

Now it becomes a very difficult move to utilize, but it forces the opponent to make decisions in the neutral. It also works as a pseudo combo breaker.
That would mean an instant combo breaker that he could combo after.. :confused:

Jeremy KO

*insert kotal kahn gibberish here*
I think he should also have a new move in Warrior where he throws his spear. The MB version should stun on hit giving enough time to activate the self-destruct. At the current point, the move is useless. It NEEDS something to buff it even if that means giving it a hit of armor throught the duration.
Giving him a spear throw is a fantastic idea. Have it work like Ermac's soul ball or Sub's Ice ball.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
That would mean an instant combo breaker that he could combo after.. :confused:
People know not to press buttons after tremor rocks or dvorah puddle because they lead to full combos. Yet ppl do all the time.

With the start up, its hard to get out mid match. So he deserves the reward for getting it. Plus don't forget the damage he takes.

Also. They can add variables to it. Like "if predator explodes while being comboed, explosion causes hard knockdown instead of juggle"

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
If you make it stay on hit couldn't the opponent time an armored move to absorb the hit and still keep comboing you? What would happen if you get hit by a proyectile like the Iceball? Would exploding release you? Would you take the damage and then your opponent continues the combo? Keeping it on hit could actually be bad for him.

DarkSydeDiscord

All Around Bad Guy Player
Giving him a spear throw is a fantastic idea. Have it work like Ermac's soul ball or Sub's Ice ball.
Exactly! What would be really nice about it aswell would be if you could use it for mix-ups. Control if it hits low, mid, or overhead. Throwing a MB spear overhead could make for some really sneaky setups.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
if it would cost meter kind of like reptiles acid ball stop then i think this would be a very reasonable buff

ando1184

Noob
Honestly I'm still questioning why this variation doesn't have the heal special. Also I think self detonate should stay like it is, but be a true unblockable. If anything it would force the opponent to focus on a more zoning style way of fighting this variation. Something needs to be done to help detonate out, even though it can activate faster now, it's still underused due to its design.

Skedar70

Noob
I tried this varitation today and I honestly can't find anything good about it. The self destruct is decent but whenever I activate it my opponent just keeps is distance and getting in with this variation is almost impossible since the overhead leap can be easily hit out of or punished on block. This variation needs help.