What's new

Should Subzero just stay as Cyber Subzero?

Should Subzero stay as Cyber Subzero?

• Yes

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • No

Votes: 15 53.6%

• Total voters

ScorpionRules!!!92

I no longer main characters on any fighting games.
I have a question for all of you should Subzero just stay as Cyber Subzero I say yes as I like and play as the Cyber/ robot version more than regular Subzero?

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Unless there's a loophole where Bi-Han becomes Sub-Zero again, I doubt it...

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I'm still dwelling on that scene where Quan Chi revealed that he now owns the souls of the defeated Earthrealm/Outworld warriors in Story Mode...

To answer the poll, I'd honestly like to see Cyber Sub-Zero's moveset redesigned to be something way better than it was in MK9. At first I was convinced that he was okay as is, but then the game evolved and...well, the gap between the top-tiers and the lesser tiers became painfully clear, let's just say.

Here's hoping he remains a cyborg.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I'm still dwelling on that scene where Quan Chi revealed that he now owns the souls of the defeated Earthrealm/Outworld warriors in Story Mode...

To answer the poll, I'd honestly like to see Cyber Sub-Zero's moveset redesigned to be something way better than it was in MK9. At first I was convinced that he was okay as is, but then the game evolved and...well, the gap between the top-tiers and the lesser tiers became painfully clear, let's just say.

Here's hoping he remains a cyborg.
Cyber-Sub wasn't terribly designed he just happened to be glitched out. He basically drew the short straw when it kame to glitches as opposed to Cyrax who thrived in them.

I'd prefer some form of human Sub-Zero back, whether that means Kuai Lang's soul being saved from Quan Chi thereby resurrecting him into his human body, or if a new member of the Lin Kuei takes the mantle instead.

Also, from a marketing standpoint, it's hard to imagine them not bringing back human Sub-Zero Scorpion's punching bag.

Yeah.

I hope they actually only have Cyber Subby

It felt like with Sub Zero, they split him into two characters, and each was incomplete- hardly having any special moves that were useful at all.

Literally, if you look at pre-release footage, human Sub Zero had an ice parry. It's like they took this away just for the sake of making Cyber Sub Zero even more unique.

I'd rather they just wrap them into one complete package.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Yeah.

I hope they actually only have Cyber Subby

It felt like with Sub Zero, they split him into two characters, and each was incomplete- hardly having any special moves that were useful at all.

Literally, if you look at pre-release footage, human Sub Zero had an ice parry. It's like they took this away just for the sake of making Cyber Sub Zero even more unique.

I'd rather they just wrap them into one complete package.
Sub Zero had a 2 frame klone and an 8 frame D4. He didn't need a parry.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Cyber-Sub wasn't terribly designed he just happened to be glitched out. He basically drew the short straw when it kame to glitches as opposed to Cyrax who thrived in them.
True, but what I mean is...

He suffered from a problem Scorpion had: a shitty poking game. Of course, for Scorpion's mix-up game, his d4 being the way it was wasn't unreasonable, but his d3 was LOL-worthy. Negative on hit? Come on. I don't know who suffers more in this department: him or Cyber Sub. You be the judge.

He had some attack strings with illogical frame data that led to no benefits. Really, the only ones you'd expect to see from him are variations of 2 1 1+2 and 3 3 4.

His EX specials lacked armor, although I suppose that would be asking for too much given how deadly his meterless resets could be...if you landed them. Still, what would be the problem with armored slide or armored EX divekick, I wonder? Both lead to very little gain and aren't safe.

Don't even get me started on his teleport. Worst in the game...worse than Cyrax's, actually. But had the above problems not existed, I'd've been fine with this. You can't just have an easy get-in-for-free card.

And all of this over...what, exactly?

"The price of divekicks."

*looks at Sonya*

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
Maybe his dive kick could be something like black adams. You know since black adams is pretty much a 20 times better version of csz dive kick.

Sub Zero had a 2 frame klone and an 8 frame D4. He didn't need a parry.
I'm not saying

"Give him this because he needs it"

I'm more saying

"Give him a more diverse move set, even if it it means taking away some properties of existing moves"

I'd rather have a larger set of decent tools than a small set of amazing tools.
The biggest reason is a character with a small set of amazing tools is difficult to balance. A single nerf, even if justified, can ruin the entire character because that's all they have.

WHAT IS THIS THREAD??!!???

HELL NO!!!!

NO ICE CLONE??

Dude.. CSZ is the best thing to happen to SZ in MK9. SZ started out with that crappy Ice Parry until NRS decided to add CSZ to the game. At that point they gave SZ an Ice Clone and CSZ the parry. Keep HUMAN SZ and the Ice Clone!!!!

DO YOU REALIZE THAT YOU ARE ASKING FOR NO ICE CLONE??? FOOLS!!!!

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
True, but what I mean is...

He suffered from a problem Scorpion had: a shitty poking game. Of course, for Scorpion's mix-up game, his d4 being the way it was wasn't unreasonable, but his d3 was LOL-worthy. Negative on hit? Come on. I don't know who suffers more in this department: him or Cyber Sub. You be the judge.

He had some attack strings with illogical frame data that led to no benefits. Really, the only ones you'd expect to see from him are variations of 2 1 1+2 and 3 3 4.

His EX specials lacked armor, although I suppose that would be asking for too much given how deadly his meterless resets could be...if you landed them. Still, what would be the problem with armored slide or armored EX divekick, I wonder? Both lead to very little gain and aren't safe.

Don't even get me started on his teleport. Worst in the game...worse than Cyrax's, actually. But had the above problems not existed, I'd've been fine with this. You can't just have an easy get-in-for-free card.

And all of this over...what, exactly?

"The price of divekicks."

*looks at Sonya*
21 and 11 strings staggered well. I think the poke game for a lot of the lower tiers needed to be fixed..

His teleport, just like the bombs, was glitched. I think Paulo mentioned this once.

He still wasn't as badly designed and had his bombs worked properly he kould've had some real dirt. He had a 6 frame D3 and mostly just needed the fixes and slight adjustments.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I'm not saying

"Give him this because he needs it"

I'm more saying

"Give him a more diverse move set, even if it it means taking away some properties of existing moves"

I'd rather have a larger set of decent tools than a small set of amazing tools.
The biggest reason is a character with a small set of amazing tools is difficult to balance. A single nerf, even if justified, can ruin the entire character because that's all they have.
That makes sense.. Sub Zero was a boring simple lame character.

FrozenG3oX

<3 gimmicks
they should've made just one sub zero, the human one and give him the ice clone, ice parry, ice blast, slide and tombstone teleport from MK vs DC. Then Sub zero vs cage would be like a 9-1...ice clone would stop him and parry would stop his pressure....sub zero would be top 10