What's new

Question - Sonya Blade Should Sonya's aerial attacks get nerfed?

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
when did hating on Sonya become the new trend?
It's very simple to explain...

Tempest Kung Lao, Kobu Jutsu Tanya and Summoner Quan chi were S tier characters before the XL patch and Demo Sonya was A+ tier. Then the pre-patch S tiers got nerfed and now she's better than all of them. That's why she became the new target.

Dedlock

Noob
I swear if they nerf General Sonya they'll make Covert Ops and special forces z tier unplayable.

If they want to tone down demo even further that's fine but if they do decide to touch her universal moves then that's going to kill whatever she has,

I don't care they'd have to balance that with buffs to Covert Ops.

JermLord

Noob

Tempest Kung Lao, Kobu Jutsu Tanya and Summoner Quan chi were S tier characters before the XL patch and Demo Sonya was A+ tier. Then the pre-patch S tiers got nerfed and now she's better than all of them. That's why she became the new target.
Not to sound like a dick but I am aware of that, but IMO it seems like the last 3/4 weeks the amount of animosity towards Sonya has skyrocketed. It just seems odd that people hate her now when its not like she got any crazy buffs that made her over the top broken she's just a character who happened to fall through the cracks similar to Takeda.

Reactions: jmt

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
Not to sound like a dick but I am aware of that, but IMO it seems like the last 3/4 weeks the amount of animosity towards Sonya has skyrocketed. It just seems odd that people hate her now when its not like she got any crazy buffs that made her over the top broken she's just a character who happened to fall through the cracks similar to Takeda.
That's exactly how I feel.

If people were complaining about release check that gives her one of the strongest okis in the game, I'd understand because it's something that was discovered in the beginning of this year. But people are complaining mostly about stun grenades not going away when she's hit, even though it's something that was there all along.

You could say it was an underexplored variation, but she got enough exposure from CrazySteady before Scar popularized it. And no one was complaining about that during that time, they were complaining about her damage. And to think this variation was considered "gimmicky" at one point. Go figure.

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!

Demo Sonya have been S tier since day 1, She was just the most slept on character till scar revealed how bullshit she is.

I've been saying how op she is from the very beginning but everyone was too busy crying about Quan Chi.

Last edited:

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
Demo Sonya have been S tier since day 1, She was just the most slept on character till scar revealed how bullshit she is.

I've been saying how op she is from the very beginning but everyone was too busy crying about Quan Chi.
Then she may be the most slept on character in the history of NRS games because from May 2015 to January 2016, people were still saying ''Covert Ops is too good''.

The Abbot

Unit LK-52O
Demo is broke and yes her dice kick needs to be punishable across the board. Whiffing shouldn't be as safe either because her DK leads to a full combo. CSZ does not have that luxury, nor does Kung Lao.

JermLord

Noob
^ People don't hate Sonya they hate Demo specifically but few will flat out admit it. Nerfing the universal shit like her dive kick means her other two variations will need buffs specific to their variations to remain playable. If you guys honestly think NRS is going buff CO and SF just because most of you hate the Demo matchup when they have bigger projects like injustice 2, and KP3 possibly on their plate then your on drugs like hard drugs. They already addressed the broken shit like the 70+% damage combos off X-ray but most of you won't be satisfied until demo has no safe reload option.

jmt

Noob
Demo is broke and yes her dice kick needs to be punishable across the board. Whiffing shouldn't be as safe either because her DK leads to a full combo. CSZ does not have that luxury, nor does Kung Lao.
So wrong it's actually funny

The Abbot

Unit LK-52O
^ People don't hate Sonya they hate Demo specifically but few will flat out admit it. Nerfing the universal shit like her dive kick means her other two variations will need buffs specific to their variations to remain playable. If you guys honestly think NRS is going buff CO and SF just because most of you hate the Demo matchup when they have bigger projects like injustice 2, and KP3 possibly on their plate then your on drugs like hard drugs. They already addressed the broken shit like the 70+% damage combos off X-ray but most of you won't be satisfied until demo has no safe reload option.
Breh, you can't be serious? You think CO needs her DK to remain playable? What in the f@&k? Yo, hold me back Gina!

But seriously though, CO and SF are good but just under utilized because Demo exists. Dive kick does not make or break her variations and the logic of "she should keep her broken shit because of her other two variations" is not acceptable my dude.

CO is 50/50s on top of 50/50s and SF is under rated. Shit... SF get Sektors homing missle meterlessly. Bottom line is her DK should by like Jins. You want to keep it safe you better come off that meter. Give Sonya a meter burn DK and we're straight, not like Demo needs the meter.

So wrong it's actually funny
Only thing wrong is these Sonya players like you downplaying the character in fear of getting their shit bashed in by the nerf hammer. Chill with that shit already.

jmt

Noob
Breh, you can't be serious? You think CO needs her DK to remain playable? What in the f@&k? Yo, hold me back Gina!

But seriously though, CO and SF are good but just under utilized because Demo exists. Dive kick does not make or break her variations and the logic of "she should keep her broken shit because of her other two variations" is not acceptable my dude.

CO is 50/50s on top of 50/50s and SF is under rated. Shit... SF get Sektors homing missle meterlessly. Bottom line is her DK should by like Jins. You want to keep it safe you better come off that meter. Give Sonya a meter burn DK and we're straight, not like Demo needs the meter.

Only thing wrong is these Sonya players like you downplaying the character in fear of getting their shit bashed in by the nerf hammer. Chill with that shit already.
Wrong on so many levels. Shit is hilarious.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Then she may be the most slept on character in the history of NRS games because from May 2015 to January 2016, people were still saying ''Covert Ops is too good''.
People are complaining now because the game has matured and people recognize grenades for the nonsense they are. Cyrax was still being argued as not being that good a character years after the final patch. With a roster of this size it's possible for a variation like Demo to fall under the radar while CO was in-your-face good but that doesn't mean she hasn't been a problem. If someone came out with Ancestral Kung Jin tech that instantly made him a top 5 variation people would be saying how bullshit it is even if it's been there since day one. Ermac flew under the radar until quite recently, all Tri-borgs were since as low tier after the patch but Smoke is showing something different, so on. It happens.

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
People are complaining now because the game has matured and people recognize grenades for the nonsense they are. Cyrax was still being argued as not being that good a character years after the final patch. With a roster of this size it's possible for a variation like Demo to fall under the radar while CO was in-your-face good but that doesn't mean she hasn't been a problem. If someone came out with Ancestral Kung Jin tech that instantly made him a top 5 variation people would be saying how bullshit it is even if it's been there since day one. Ermac flew under the radar until quite recently, all Tri-borgs were since as low tier after the patch but Smoke is showing something different, so on. It happens.
Good point.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
No response needed. After further reading your comments I know that you know Sonya is AIDs. Initially the video came off as a mega downplay, when in fact it was just "hey OP. These are your options"

Carry on :)
Yep. Just trying to show his options in a somewhat comical way with the video lol.

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
No response needed. After further reading your comments I know that you know Sonya is AIDs. Initially the video came off as a mega downplay, when in fact it was just "hey OP. These are your options"

Carry on :)
I don't understand your logic here. How does showing the options you have to counter something a form of downplaying?

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Kung Lao gets a full combo off his divekick too...