What's new

General/Other Should Smoke Gain Anything When/If The Reset is Removed?

DirtyBalls

Banned
Just post ur opinions on what would make him better.

I would love to have faster recovery frames on smoke bomb so i can use it for pressure, kind of like shang tsung's skull pressure. Thus making smoke much better up close!

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
a combo string that start with low , next, a overhead pop up juggle starter ..... something that Quan Chi and Stryker have, hehe .... :D

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Smoke is fine the way he is.

But...if ever a patch were to come again and he wound up losing that wall reset off an Enhanced Smoke Bomb, he'll need a buff in its place.

I think maybe let him dash-cancel his Shake animation faster so he can get some nice rushdown pressure going?

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
What would make him better? Give him Kung Lao's spin, a low starter combo, chip damage for Smoke bombs, a meterless EX Shake, instant Shake dash-cancel, aerial smoke bombs, and better recovery on 3 D1 so he can frametrap off of it.

He would be perfectly balanced. Honest. :)

Death

Noob
Get rid of smoke resets but if he got armor on EX smoke away and EX smoke towards. I think that would be fair.

DirtyBalls

Banned
obviously he doesnt need anything since he has the reset, but if they do remove the reset i think he needs one small buff. faster cancel off the parry would be great! maybe use 214 parry cancel as pressure, and throw in a smoke bomb if ur opponent keeps escaping it.

McNasty

Moist.
Hes fine the way he is but my wishlist would include a faster standing 4 something like kabals and just shy of strykers. I also liked fadeds idea with making 3d1 a frame trap. Not too sure if anyone has done it but a follow up to a max height uppercut would be cool too. Dlc hair styles and a robotic alternate costume:D
Sent from my LG-LW690 using Tapatalk

Smoke needs 3 frame down 3, OTG reset on air grab, ex smoke bomb drains 1 bar meter of your opponent...

NNOO Smoke needs 0 buffs, I always believe that smoke is top 7. You dont have to worry about zone, you can zone to build meter, have great mobility, akuma teleport, 75% reset, best pokes in the game, beast at close range, fast combo starter, all strings have overhead mix up that means your opponent have to eat all the down 4 and down 3, and an invisible which one one uses.... Not sure what else do you need....

[MENTION=5442]rev0lver[/MENTION]@. I disagree completely, smoke has all the tools he needs to compete without his reset. He is the most mobile character in the game, currently no one good is maining him though. And what are you talking about, cdjr played smoke as an alt vs Detroit tsang and he didnt use any reset in any of the rounds. He won 2 matches against detroit tsang

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
[MENTION=5442]rev0lver[/MENTION]@. I disagree completely, smoke has all the tools he needs to compete without his reset. He is the most mobile character in the game, currently no one good is maining him though. And what are you talking about, cdjr played smoke as an alt vs Detroit tsang and he didnt use any reset in any of the rounds. He won 2 matches against detroit tsang
Not true. Both characters are bottom 5 without resets.

he doesnt need a buff even after the reset, they should make ex smoke bomb for true unblockable 10% instead on knocked down opponents. what would make him better would be a low starter and better wakeup options, that is basically what he lacks, but doesnt really need to be good.

BTW people please smoke is really good with without resets, he is top 10 IMO

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
he doesn't need any help but a faster uppercut would probably fit the character better I suppose.

he doesnt need a buff even after the reset, they should make ex smoke bomb for true unblockable 10% instead on knocked down opponents. what would make him better would be a low starter and better wakeup options, that is basically what he lacks, but doesnt really need to be good.

BTW people please smoke is really good with without resets, he is top 10 IMO
Really? true unblockable to create more reset situations?. Ok just do 3,d1,2 ex smoke bomb or 11 ex bomb on block to do a 30%, and forcing your opponent break with 2 meters? What a great idea...

He really needs 0 buffs. I believe perfect legend and back me up on this one

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
smoke bomb as a wake up attack and an 8 frame uppercut. the original air throw > otg bomb would be nice, too.

Smoke doesn't need any buffs, though.

Really? true unblockable to create more reset situations?. Ok just do 3,d1,2 ex smoke bomb or 11 ex bomb on block to do a 30%, and forcing your opponent break with 2 meters? What a great idea...

He really needs 0 buffs. I believe perfect legend and back me up on this one
dude relax is it already that time of the month? I was reffering to a 10% only damage on knocked down opponents. you know like the situation where the computer doesnt block but humans do? how can that even be a reset when it just hits the opponent once. its like scorpions ex hellfire.

dude relax is it already that time of the month? I was reffering to a 10% only damage on knocked down opponents. you know like the situation where the computer doesnt block but humans do? how can that even be a reset when it just hits the opponent once. its like scorpions ex hellfire.
Im not bitching, it may sound that way I am apologize. Umm, but still no. Because if you have 3 bars, that is 30% dammage. So if you do something like 3,d2,1 ex smoke bomb that is 5% chip +10%. Thats 15%, if you do it 3 times on block thats 45%. That is more than an x ray with NO risk. Not considering if you do 3,d2,1 pressure down 3 poke, 3,d2,1 ex smoke thats 20% on block.

arydious

Noob
I really think smoke could use some more combo option, he has so little, that it really gets boring watching 3d12 so often. after someone plays smoke a while it really si pretty easy to predict what smoke will do, because he does not have a ton of option.

So my vote is some more options for attack

arydious

Noob
Just post ur opinions on what would make him better.

I would love to have faster recovery frames on smoke bomb so i can use it for pressure, kind of like shang tsung's skull pressure. Thus making smoke much better up close!
Faster recover on smoke bomb would be nice, but i honestly do not know how fair it would be, because they are already good at pressuring, just not up close

Shake dash cancel pressure would completely change Smoke. Like, a complete 180 from his current playstyle. As cool as I think that could be, I really think that's gotta be a pass.

Get rid of Smoke's resets. OTG Bomb should stay out; Smoke doesn't need it when using good spacing and antiairs. The jk xx airthrow > free combo is OP as shit and is more lucky than anything. If you're throwing out instant jump back kicks xx air throw, that's already 16 percent with free oki. That's strong as hell as it is: A successful combo with that nets you 50-60% damage. Off of certain knockdowns you can repetitively throw EX Bombs for guaranteed 10% damage for up to 30%: That's extremely good. Smoke has so. many. options. but they're not noob-friendly and are extremely difficult to use correctly and effectively.

A faster standing 4 would be cool; either that or a bigger b3 hitbox/b3 safe on block would be neat. Turn smoke into the #1 antiair asshole in the game, keep his rushdown meager. Smoke is one of the most difficult characters in the game to gain momentum in a match with, but when you do, he's one of the scariest characters in the game. Backing off from pressure once you get it going isn't an option, then you need to start all over again.

TLDR Smoke needs his reset gone. MAAAAAAYBE a faster standing 4, uppercut, or bigger hitbox b3. Maybe even a bigger hitbox b14 so it actually becomes a usable string... because right now its only use is as a combo ender off a b23 starter, then cancel it into a smoke towards and fuck up the enemy's oki. Otherwise its retarded useless.