What's new

Question - Ronin Should Ronin Takeda be able to Summon and call his blade while airborne?

Should Ronin Takeda be able to summon and call his blade while airborne?

• Total voters

4x4lo8o

Noob
@PND_Ketchup yea dude, ronin is the opposite of super duper ass.
He also requires a lot of execution.

F122+4 into blade drop
From here you can call it back right away and this beats armor if you do blade call
After he drops the blade, he can go into a string and do a quick call, which puts it back to his hand and he is + frames again and more or less loops this.

You have to guess during his strings
if he will stagger the string,
if he will drop the blade and poke
drop the blade and go into a string,
drop the blade and call it back,

he has a lot of options
B211+2xxblade drop is also plus 7 or something like that. The string uses the light sabers though, so he can't use it again until he recalls it. Also worth noting that while blade is dropped he has a 50/50 off the f1 string.

He can basically repeat it forever in the corner if you let him. You have to know what he's doing and make a read to get out. At some a Ronin player is going to show up to a tournament and blow up a bunch of people and look super broken

Edit: it's +2/4 depending on if stand/crouch block

Last edited:

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
sooo more importantly... is ummm.. @YOMI REO are you dabling in Takeda for match up knowledge or are you Thinking about picking him up if he in fact gets a few changes,

Like most all other Takeda mains... id personally like to have a few things with takeda ( esp Ronin and SR) fixed before we got this but if we did get this i think its something we could put into good use.. not to many people on here know how to fight against a good Ronin anyway as to you dont see two many people who Ronin is theri 1st choice over SR.

That would pretty much give him free jumps/jump ins. i have a feeling it will almost be too good just because it's Low hitting.
this would be far from giving him free jump ins. when it comes to jip , takeda has t-rex arms just like his honey pot ms briggs. yes it will make Ronins air game better, but that would be the point of adding as REO suggested, but it wouldnt make it free .. esp compared to some of the other casts jips.

B211+2xxblade drop is also plus 7 or something like that. The string uses the light sabers though, so he can't use it again until he recalls it. Also worth noting that while blade is dropped he has a 50/50 off the f1 string.

He can basically repeat it forever in the corner if you let him. You have to know what he's doing and make a read to get out. At some a Ronin player is going to show up to a tournament and blow up a bunch of people and look super broken
i really don't think its +7 lol he would have a block infinite on certain characters then if that were true b/c blade call recovers faster than blade drop.....so blade call would be like +15 then or something if this were true.

4x4lo8o

Noob
i really don't think its +7 lol he would have a block infinite on certain characters then if that were true b/c blade call recovers faster than blade drop.....so blade call would be like +15 then or something if this were true.
You can't do the string after you drop the blade. You lose the string until you recall it.

Edit: I said that in the post so maybe I'm not explaining clearly. Some strings use the blade so you can't use those strings unless he's holding it. If it's on the ground you can't use the string, so it's impossible to do the string into blade recall.
I could be wrong about the frame data, but I'm pretty sure it's +5 or more

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
I wouldn't say "most". A lot of variations are matchup dependant like Buzzsaw Lao or Warlock Quan.

There are only a few select variations that are truly awful, like Spectral Ermac or Lasher Takeda. A lot of Variations are good in specific matchups, but won't be your go to variation. Kinda why the variations exist in the first place.
Lasher Takeda gets much harder to punish mixups and better longer range armor, one of our resident Takeda players (who mains the character) believes lasher is better than Shirai Ryu. (Newby.)

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Great idea!

The only thing better than Hunter Predator is another character that does the SAME EXACT THING ONLY CAN CALL IT AT ANY TIME WITHOUT USING METER!

just what this game needs...more fuzzy guarding.

You can't do the string after you drop the blade. You lose the string until you recall it.

Edit: I said that in the post so maybe I'm not explaining clearly. Some strings use the blade so you can't use those strings unless he's holding it. If it's on the ground you can't use the string, so it's impossible to do the string into blade recall.
I could be wrong about the frame data, but I'm pretty sure it's +5 or more
@hayatei said its around +2 i believe for b21 3+4 into blade drop.

Anything else into blade drop is negative.

And what 50/50 off of F1 were you talking about? lol

4x4lo8o

Noob
@hayatei said its around +2 i believe for b21 3+4 into blade drop.

Anything else into blade drop is negative.

And what 50/50 off of F1 were you talking about? lol
I guees its probably a 5050, but the last hit of the f1 string is an overhead, the blade call is a low. You can probably fuzzy guard it since there's no way to delay the low. It hits me all the time while I'm looking for the pressure :(

Apparently b21 3+4 is only +2 if you stand block. The second hit is low so it's easy to accidentally crouch block

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
This would awesome but probly ridiculous. People bitch and bitch and bitch about takedas njp already. If we a blade call in the air on top of that....good games

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
Does anybody play Ronin ? That's MKX problem. Variations were good idea but most of them are useless.
Maybe some variations are useless but the problem is that people pick instantly famous variations and don't even try to play and find some new stuff with other variations. People found some stuff in MK9 even after 3 years, MKX aren't even 1 year old, many variations have a lot of potential to discover. The biggest problem is that 90% of pro players pick top tier chars and most famous variations then noobs follow and noone to find something else

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
I think will be cooler to add something like fake blade call, i mean, takeda does his mixups then call the blade and opponent is scare but after call blade drop instantly again. And I hate airial stuff, especially Tanya air teleports, it's not a fking UMVC3

This would awesome but probly ridiculous. People bitch and bitch and bitch about takedas njp already. If we a blade call in the air on top of that....good games
I don't really get why people would bitch about it. Seems like almost half the cast has a better nap than him. It's the air to njp thing that people hate. But Us Lasher mains don't know how that feels. Tuff bakeda lasher

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Great idea!

The only thing better than Hunter Predator is another character that does the SAME EXACT THING ONLY CAN CALL IT AT ANY TIME WITHOUT USING METER!

I'm not going to say your wrong, I'm just trying to understand... how is this at all comparable to Predator, who doesn't need to activate it at all, and has automated activation, much larger hitbox, and actually starts a combo meterless, and does it from fullscreen unlike Takeda's EX-Blade Call?

On top of that, Hunter Predator has many other things that set him over the edge, Takeda does not. The mentality shouldn't just be "remove all traps from the game hurrdurr I can't adapt my playstyle beyond rushing in blindly".

Guys can we seriously stop trying to add shit to the game and just fix the issues already in it?

Seriously.
Takeda being so bad is an issue. Excuse me if I don't think shit like the occasional HQT caster whiff on specific characters, should be a priority change over Takeda being at least kicked up a little to be able to compete with some of the mid tier characters.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
Great idea!

i usally dont call people out but this is laughable...

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
I'm not going to say your wrong, I'm just trying to understand... how is this at all comparable to Predator, who doesn't need to activate it at all, and has automated activation, much larger hitbox, and actually starts a combo meterless, and does it from fullscreen unlike Takeda's EX-Blade Call?

On top of that, Hunter Predator has many other things that set him over the edge, Takeda does not. The mentality shouldn't just be "remove all traps from the game hurrdurr I can't adapt my playstyle beyond rushing in blindly".

Takeda being so bad is an issue. Excuse me if I don't think shit like the occasional HQT caster whiff on specific characters, should be a priority change over Takeda being at least kicked up a little to be able to compete with some of the mid tier characters.
At the time I misunderstood what he meant at first.

And do you think buffing the low tier characters is the smarter choice vs nerfing BS Shinnok and Pred? Takeda does need a buff but air 50/50s is not the right move. If that's the case then make Ancestral KJ's air arrow overhead at both distances. That'll make him at least contend.