What's new

Should Noob Saibot be re-banned from the Juggernaut version?

Should Noob Saibot be banned from future UMK3 tournies?

• Yes

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 24 75.0%

• Total voters

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Alright, so for those that don't know, Phil (@9.95) ran the UMK3 top 8 last night at WB, which Reo won using Noob Saibot, though in all fairness, he came up against Simon's (@AC1984) Kabal twice in Winners Finals and Grand Finals, and Reo was able to come back from combos that would've killed any other character because of Noob's boss damage in a few rounds, and he even dropped some AA-combos because Noob is practically invisible on some stages, Simon says he's fine with this because it makes Kabal look less OP. :p

Phil suggested a poll be made to decide on it. Although with all the streaming issues last night, I don't think he want's to deal with MAME again anytime soon, so we probably won't be seeing UMK3 Noob for a while regardless, lol. Anyway what do you guys think? Stop this from happening again or keep him in just for the lulz?

Edit: Grand Finals can be watched here, we would appreciate you did before voting; http://www.twitch.tv/kombatnetwork/b/309132914

STRYKIE

What are Noob's advantages and disadvantages?
Advantages:
- 150% health
- fastest walking speed in the game
- hard to see on some stages
- more damage on his combos? I'm not sure, haven't used him for years.

Disadvantages:
- No special moves whatsoever.

Edit: dammit, ninja'd -_- lol

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Advantages:
- 150% health

Disadvantages:

Don't forget easy infinite that can be done by any player with a little practice juggling w/ aaHP......

Full-screen from one corner to another off any launch OR aaHP-counter plus into a JK, RH, LK finish.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Noob is barely top 10 in this hack.

Damn near everyone with a Relaunch has an easy infinite.
Dude, U can't even SEE him on alot of levels.....there should at least be a mandatory "bright level" select rule if he's going to be legal. Robo-Smoke is already annoying as hell when invisible.....Noob has double walking speed, (almost unlimited run basically), easy juggle infinite of a launch, 150% health ...just imagine invisibility that DOESN'T make the character re-appear when u hit them. U gotta play that fgt noob when he's being used by someone like REO or anyone who can abuse his little bullshit gimmicks to the fullest exploit. You'll agree he's a crock of shit afterwards :)

Tim Static

Adminerator
Dude, U can't even SEE him on alot of levels.....there should at least be a mandatory "bright level" select rule if he's going to be legal. Robo-Smoke is already annoying as hell when invisible.....Noob has double walking speed, (almost unlimited run basically), easy juggle infinite of a launch, 150% health ...just imagine invisibility that DOESN'T make the character re-appear when u hit them. U gotta play that fgt noob when he's being used by someone like REO or anyone who can abuse his little bullshit gimmicks to the fullest exploit. You'll agree he's a crock of shit afterwards :)
and even then, he isnt even top 5, barely top 10.

he's new, so we have to learn how to exploit his holes and put him in his place.

AC1984

Kaballin!
Advantages:
- 150% health

Disadvantages:

having no specials is not a disadvantage at all....its actually an advantage....

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
having no specials is not a disadvantage at all....its actually an advantage....
I see a point to that statement, however the advantages and disadvantages of special moves are questionable as some are completely useless , yet others make some characters god-like.

Yeah...Human Smoke with his 50+ too...
Wouldn't we have to ban everyone w/ a 50% combo in general though? I can think of several that can do 50% w/out corners or punisher-damage.

AC1984

Kaballin!
Smoke gets 50+ out of every possible situation, AAhp, spear, pop up, AArh, Air to air JP....and he is mad fast as well....

I just dont understand why people even complain about Kabal's spin when all they have to do is not jump and kara/glitch jab as much as possible....

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Smoke gets 50+ out of every possible situation, AAhp, spear, pop up, AArh, Air to air JP....and he is mad fast as well....

I just dont understand why people even complain about Kabal's spin when all they have to do is not jump and kara/glitch jab as much as possible....
So can a good Reptile and Ermac player though........and NightWolf can do over 50% w/ practice easily as can Stryker and Sonya....

STRYKIE

I guess Noob doesn't need any considering all the advantages he already has, but imagine Kabal if he couldn't spin or do air fireballs xD Not so much the moves on their own, but that fact that you still have to situationally respect them.

Don't forget easy infinite that can be done by any player with a little practice juggling w/ aaHP......

Full-screen from one corner to another off any launch OR aaHP-counter plus into a JK, RH, LK finish.
To be fair that'd be a lame reason to ban him, by that logic, all the male ninjas should be banned, imagine getting DQ'd for using C.Sub, LOL

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
To be fair that'd be a lame reason to ban him, by that logic, all the male ninjas should be banned, imagine getting DQ'd for using C.Sub, LOL
Do you know what you are even saying? What does male ninjas have to do with anything? You said the word "logic'" but I'm not seeing any of it.....you're going to have to elaborate, cuz i see no reason to ban any other male ninja. Do you actually play the game itself and understand it at a complex level vs lots other of high-level players on a regular basis?

AC1984

Kaballin!
So can a good Reptile and Ermac player though........and NightWolf can do over 50% w/ practice easily as can Stryker and Sonya....
I know only 1 Reptile player who can do super high damage juggles 9.5 times of 10. Ermac has to work his ass off to get a combo, Nightwolf gets 50+ only from a knee starter......Same goes for Stryker (+AAhp) and Sonya....

STRYKIE

Do you know what you are even saying? What does male ninjas have to do with anything? You said the word "logic'" but I'm not seeing any of it.....you're going to have to elaborate, cuz i see no reason to ban any other male ninja. Do you actually play the game itself and understand it at a complex level vs lots other of high-level players on a regular basis?
I only just realized only Noob can do it, my bad, as I said, this is the first time I've seen Noob used in the Juggernaut version. I don't really play the game at high level too much because I don't have exposure to good players like you guys do, and online pretty much breaks the way you'd like to play, since you have to anticipate more that straight up punish.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
I only just realized only Noob can do it, my bad, as I said, this is the first time I've seen Noob used in the Juggernaut version. I don't really play the game at high level too much because I don't have exposure to good players like you guys do, and online pretty much breaks the way you'd like to play, since you have to anticipate more that straight up punish.
Noob can also relaunch every character in the game also just like Kano, in addition to his brain-dead easy aaHP infinite. It takes a little practice, but it's amateur shit to an accomplished player who knows the timing on that type of stuff.

I know only 1 Reptile player who can do super high damage juggles 9.5 times of 10. Ermac has to work his ass off to get a combo, Nightwolf gets 50+ only from a knee starter......Same goes for Stryker (+AAhp) and Sonya....
I'm with you Bro, i'm just talking tier-wise in regards to every characters full potential. Difficult, sure....but possible by anyone dedicated enough to perfect it. Take Crazy Dominican's NightWolf pulling 4 and 5 Axes into Shoulder Charge at 64% ...don't forget jHP starters or aajHP-starters. I seen Marv, Rinn (Belgium) and a few other combo-start from an aaj.HP only centimeters off the ground from a run-start almost consistently enough to make them full 2 mistake characters from RUSHDOWN alone :) Yea, u can uppercut it or s.HK, but good luck at that speed and half-frame reaction time.

Stryker can just flat-out end the match from anywhere off a launcher if u know how to do it. Don't under-estimate the dorky riot-cop lol...plus he can't be Zoned much....he has some of the best Zoning tools in the game.

STRYKIE

Noob can also relaunch every character in the game also just like Kano, in addition to his brain-dead easy aaHP infinite. It takes a little practice, but it's amateur shit to an accomplished player who knows the timing on that type of stuff.
That's part of my point, online makes the timing on aa's and relaunchers so inconsistent, that's all.