What's new

Should Noob Saibot be re-banned from the Juggernaut version?

Should Noob Saibot be banned from future UMK3 tournies?

• Yes

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 24 75.0%

• Total voters

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Also, can we see WHO voted so we know exactly which low-level players that don't know what they're voting for we should remove from the final tally?

This definitely should have been a public poll. It's not just a random "What's your opinion" thread.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Also, can we see WHO voted so we know exactly which low-level players that don't know what they're voting for we should remove from the final tally?

This definitely should have been a public poll. It's not just a random "What's your opinion" thread.
if we ban noob, then Kabal, Human Smoke, Kung Lao, Kano, Reptile, Ermac, Nightwolf and Robot Smoke get banned too.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Because if you ban a character is basically about the 9th best, then that means all the better characters should be too.
Just because he's not the best doesn't mean he isn't broken enough to be banned. Tiers are based on match-ups, and you could be dead last on the tier list and still theoretically be broken and bannable. The problem with Noob isn't that he dominates every match-up, the problem first of all is that he shouldn't even be playable to begin with. It's kinda like the console exclusive characters. Even though anyone can get the Hacked version and play on MAME, it shouldn't be required to just so you know how to fight Noob. The other problem is that Noob has advantages that totally ruin high level play. Especially considering how chip damage is huge in UMK3, and he can probably survive the entire round just by blocking. That's ridiculous.

NoDoubt

nasty
Just because he's not the best doesn't mean he isn't broken enough to be banned. Tiers are based on match-ups, and you could be dead last on the tier list and still theoretically be broken and bannable. The problem with Noob isn't that he dominates every match-up, the problem first of all is that he shouldn't even be playable to begin with. It's kinda like the console exclusive characters. Even though anyone can get the Hacked version and play on MAME, it shouldn't be required to just so you know how to fight Noob. The other problem is that Noob has advantages that totally ruin high level play. Especially considering how chip damage is huge in UMK3, and he can probably survive the entire round just by blocking. That's ridiculous.

Ya I think id have 2 agree with this all the way.

Since Noob isnt available for play on any other "port" really, alot of players entering the tourny wouldnt even have the character experience to fight him as much as a few others.

based on his properties ALONE (not about him being port exclusive), I thought he was ok for tourny play but now that I learned from shock on that stream he doesnt take chip damage after the 1st hit of a combo string, thats a bit over the edge cuz now he doesnt share the same gameplay properties as everyone else. Makes him way too safe.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
if we ban noob, then Kabal, Human Smoke, Kung Lao, Kano, Reptile, Ermac, Nightwolf and Robot Smoke get banned too.
lmao :p Bro, it's funny u say that cuz I swear, idk how many times we played here for hours and fucked w/ different match-ups and bits and pieces of broken-ness crept their way out of each and every character you just mentioned haha Kabal/Lao's Spin, H Smoke's walking speed, Kano's charge-ball, the infinites and so-forth.

It's hilarious how they all come up in conversation, but personally, I think if they do anything more than fixing GJ/KJ, start-up frames for Kabal's Spin and slower walking speed for H Smoke it wouldn't be benificial. That's about enough right there to balance it. Go a step further and take out that stupid retarded horrible idea-for-a-special, invisibility....and get rid of it since Reptile and Robo-Smoke are already more than a force to be reckoned without it and you will have yourself one hell of a good balanced game that will be played and loved for future generations...and not turn people off learning it either.

Less bullshit that's gay and is more of an annoyance than a learning, skill-building feature will mean more room to advance w/ learning, skill-building features. With those minor changes, imagine how many times you WON'T hear someone exclaim at the end of a match "AWWW, that's some BULLSHIT!"

LMAO :)

Ya I think id have 2 agree with this all the way.

Since Noob isnt available for play on any other "port" really, alot of players entering the tourny wouldnt even have the character experience to fight him as much as a few others.

based on his properties ALONE (not about him being port exclusive), I thought he was ok for tourny play but now that I learned from shock on that stream he doesnt take chip damage after the 1st hit of a combo string, thats a bit over the edge cuz now he doesnt share the same gameplay properties as everyone else. Makes him way too safe.
Thanx, cuz you just explained perfectly what I was having a hard time explaining. Just to add, 1 last thing, Arion's post is basically highlighting the reason i feel that way about invisibilility. It's not shared by the cast.

Tim Static

Adminerator
I respect that. Good shit, Ty

Alright, so for those that don't know, Phil (@9.95) ran the UMK3 top 8 last night at WB, which Reo won using Noob Saibot, though in all fairness, he came up against Simon's (@AC1984) Kabal twice in Winners Finals and Grand Finals, and Reo was able to come back from combos that would've killed any other character because of Noob's boss damage in a few rounds, and he even dropped some AA-combos because Noob is practically invisible on some stages, Simon says he's fine with this because it makes Kabal look less OP. :p

Phil suggested a poll be made to decide on it. Although with all the streaming issues last night, I don't think he want's to deal with MAME again anytime soon, so we probably won't be seeing UMK3 Noob for a while regardless, lol. Anyway what do you guys think? Stop this from happening again or keep him in just for the lulz?

Edit: Grand Finals can be watched here, we would appreciate you did before voting; http://www.twitch.tv/kombatnetwork/b/309132914
why dont you people ban reo instead. i see him go beasty and make grand finals in every mk game he touches. all this hoopla over a char thats not even top 5 is jokes.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
why dont you people ban reo instead. i see him go beasty and make grand finals in every mk game he touches. all this hoopla over a char thats not even top 5 is jokes.
Ironic that you bring up the state of "all that hoopla" considering you obviously didn't read any of it, lol. This isn't anything to do with matchups, it's the fact that Noob Saibot has properties far beyond any other playable character.

All you low-level players suck. Losers.

*looks around mischievously*
I didn't vote (yet..), so what does that make me?

*waits curiously*

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
look, im the champion of the ultimate mortal kombat 3 pyjamarama brotherhood 7 years running, and as the current holder of the esteemed golden longjohns i voted no on a ban for noob. you mad, all you noob-in-denial so called pro elite super league scrubs? you mad i voted no on your extra omega official poll of the century and lifechanging decision? because you should be. reigning pyjama king here, deal with it.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
look, im the champion of the ultimate mortal kombat 3 pyjamarama brotherhood 7 years running, and as the current holder of the esteemed golden longjohns i voted no on a ban for noob. you mad, all you noob-in-denial so called pro elite super league scrubs? you mad i voted no on your extra omega official poll of the century and lifechanging decision? because you should be. reigning pyjama king here, deal with it.
I'm sorry, What? LOL. WHO are you, and who has ever heard of you?

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
thats exactly my point, superstar.
Don't come here to troll and ruin threads.....you might not care about this, but some people do and it's important for the sake of the game and it's players. Contribute something useful or don't post...this isn't another one of those MK-Trash Forums. Go to TRMK or MKO w/ that shit.

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
dude what im saying is that in this thread you've made a huge point of drawing the line in the sand and asserting the division between the opinion of an elite pro, such as you, who everyone has heard of, has legions of fans, a million dollars, music videos and a stretch limo VS all of us low level commoners. except me. im the golden longjohns champion. i feel you when you say you love this game and it means something to you. i do. but this is a poll open to anyone on the entire internet to come and sign up and click the vote button. are you really gonna get cereal about this because someone who NO ONE HAS HEARD OF [the most important factor when it comes to being good at UMK3 or anything in life for that matter, of course] clicks that button?

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
dude what im saying is that in this thread you've made a huge point of drawing the line in the sand and asserting the division between the opinion of an elite pro, such as you, who everyone has heard of, has legions of fans, a million dollars, music videos and a stretch limo VS all of us low level commoners. except me. im the golden longjohns champion. i feel you when you say you love this game and it means something to you. i do. but this is a poll open to anyone on the entire internet to come and sign up and click the vote button. are you really gonna get cereal about this because someone who NO ONE HAS HEARD OF [the most important factor when it comes to being good at UMK3 or anything in life for that matter, of course] clicks that button?
And that point being, if you don't have high-level experience fighting Noob, then you (anyone), shouldn't be voting or giving input.

I'm sorry, but that's the best response I can give until you make your post more legible to understand in English. I don't care about cereal, long johns, chronic masturbation.

This is why I said that this should be a public poll so we can use our better judgement to see whose input/votes are viable vs whose aren't.

I propose we re-do the Poll and make votes public so we can see who voted and for which option. I bet alot of voters don't even play UMK3 and are new to MK as of MK9.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
hahaha, oh man. im truly sorry i wasted your time.

i mean mine.
LOL just make your post legible so people can understand what u are saying. You MAY have had some decent input, but I don't speak "Alien". I'm not sure what you want me to tell you. If u have a point, then make it, if not I can't respect your opinion until i can understand what you are posting. Just talk like a normal person. It's easy, M'kay?