What's new

Question - Shinnok Should more overheads be like shinnok's?

Would you like to see these kinds of changes across most of the cast?

• Yes

Votes: 15 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters

Wigy

There it is...
I preferred mk9 which was much more about pressuring/footsies your opponent into mistakes rather than endless guess

Wigy

There it is...
I think what Foxy is trying to say is that the definition of 50/50 mutated away from what it really means. Like how you hear many people now calling any cell phone captured photo of a group of people a "selfie" even if it's not a selfie by definition. People also call many situations a 50/50 situation even if it's not really a 50/50 situation by definition.

A real 50/50 situation is when you are completely helpless and can't do anything except guess right on the upcoming mixup. If your opponent have an overhead and low starters that goes into full combos and harassing you with footsies and/or staggers and you're just setting there paralyzed by fear trying to block the following mixup, that's not a 50/50 situation. If you can jump out, armour out or even fucking rage quit, it's not a real 50/50 situation.

Currently the only characters who can put you in a true 50/50 situation are vortex characters and, of course, bitchass demo Sonya. Quan Chi used to have a true 50/50 before MKXL but he no longer does. Fun to blockables/ Hard to reactable mixups are not 50/50's.

I think that's what Foxy meant by his post, Or i could be wrong and actually have no clue what hes talking about. He just loves being ambiguous on purpose for some reason.
Sounds like you're describing a vortex. 50/50 is just two moves with unfuzziable, one low one oh.

A vortex is where u cant armour etc.

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
What are you on? Quan, especially Summoner, has 50/50s leaking out his little pale ass hole.

I do agree with the point of your post though.
I meant before the ex ruin nerf when he used to jail into a true 50/50 after a 50/50 for a bar. It's -1 now and you can armour out of the gape on delay.

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
Fuck 50/50's It occasionally feels like a 25/25/25/25 where it's either overhead low throw forward or back throw when jailing happens. Where u have to either guess if they are gonna hit u low, whip out the overhead or throw u and even if u guess right on the throw then u hv to guess the direction to tech it

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
I meant before the ex ruin nerf when he used to jail into a true 50/50 after a 50/50 for a bar. It's -1 now and you can armour out of the gape on delay.
He still has a true vortex plus ExSkull which is around plus 15 on block, I forget the exact amount now, and launches in the corner or midscreen if you have a bar and the bat. And even though ExSkull doesn't jail you can make it jail or blow up armor attempts, depending on if you're midscreen or in the corner, using bat.