What's new

Should MK11 have more combo paths tied to base moves?

Should all characters get at least 1 base move combo starter?

• Total voters

Gaxkang

Banned
It would change the meta for sure, but anything is better than countless down pokes in a row into a grab.
That's what a lot of fights end up being, yeah.

It'd be nice if like, on block one could do stuff. But all it seems to be is D1, and if so what then (not much). And then many times you cannot even D1.

I don't even like big combos....I just want to be able to do something on block other than D1 and maybe get a throw.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
That's what a lot of fights end up being, yeah.

It'd be nice if like, on block one could do stuff. But all it seems to be is D1, and if so what then (not much). And then many times you cannot even D1.

I don't even like big combos....I just want to be able to do something on block other than D1 and maybe get a throw.
Yeah, I hate doing that. I never did it as Cassie, but seeing as D1 is like Kano's best button I have to rely on it for mixups which is hella dumb. But then people get pissed so they start doing like 5 in a row lmao

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Yeah, I hate doing that. I never did it as Cassie, but seeing as D1 is like Kano's best button I have to rely on it for mixups which is hella dumb. But then people get pissed so they start doing like 5 in a row lmao
Lol right. Offline we can counter poke the best pokes on reaction even when Geras mashes D1. But Online not so much.

What I think would be cool is all pokes 6f become -6 on block and all 7f pokes become -5 on block and all 8f pokes become -4 on block.
That makes all of them 12f till the next poke on block so even with 3f lag we have 9f to counter. Not with mids of course but with pokes into jailing pressure.

But for real I hate mashing poke or jumping around but with how bad Kano is you basically have to condition his only safe mid D1 then go for highs. And jumping is a mind game with him unless they know to crouch block the kano ball and full punish.

I've been using Kotal a ton lately, I find it helps me be more creative and get better with fundies. Probably the same with Kano and Kollector they both have high risk low reward

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
The characters that are exempt from this are:
Sub Zero
breeds creativity and personality from players.
Contrary to your other thread about combos being longer (which I don't agree with). I DO believe base kits should have more launchers for more current sized combos especially for characters that lack combos completely.

However,

Imma need you to remove Sub Zero from that "creativity" list because dude has 2 specials in one variation and 2 specials in the other (that combo, the other 3 are projectiles). He bnb is literally the same in both variations and you either do a jump over kick into standing 2 into ender or jump in punch into ender to keep it grounded and unbreakawayable.

There's literally no creativity here without dipping into his custom moves imo. It's why I don't play my favorite character in the franchise very much. HE'S BORING AF

Yes definitely. I was against NJP pop-ups in the beginning but I wouldn't mind them returning. I think that would increase combo paths for a lot of characters and make it a bit more interesting.
NO NJP LAUNCHERS ... WTF

Unfriended.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Contrary to your other thread about combos being longer (which I don't agree with). I DO believe base kits should have more launchers for more current sized combos especially for characters that lack combos completely.

However,

Imma need you to remove Sub Zero from that "creativity" list because dude has 2 specials in one variation and 2 specials in the other (that combo, the other 3 are projectiles). He bnb is literally the same in both variations and you either do a jump over kick into standing 2 into ender or jump in punch into ender to keep it grounded and unbreakawayable.

There's literally no creativity here without dipping into his custom moves imo. It's why I don't play my favorite character in the franchise very much. HE'S BORING AF

NO NJP LAUNCHERS ... WTF

Unfriended.
WE NEED THEM PLZ

LawAbidingCitizen

I had him on the list of characters who already have base launchers. But I feel the same about Sub Zero and expressed that I feel certain characters need base launchers, some need KB's fixed/added, some need new variations/custom and some need moves redone.
I know I don't have the answer for every character but trust NRS to fix it this time as long as we are vocal about what is boring or lackluster.

I'm actually starring to use Sub Zero more after learning Sikannder555's tech but I use Dead Of Winter the most now, I used to like Thin Ice but feel DOW has better damage, openers and tools. Both are good though. I feel even though certain characters are very solid they could be more fun or have more interesting tools. I miss Clone so much.

LawAbidingCitizen

NO TF WE DON'T!!!

LEAVE THAT GARBAGE, SCRUB SHIT IN MKX WHERE IT BELONGS.

Looking at you quan chi/raiden/predator/takeda abusers
I agree with Reed here, I don't want NJP launchers because they would be annoying af in 11. So many online scrubs would abuse it. If they where -20 on block I'd be fine with them launching but safe or plus launchers that iveride everything doesn't sound fun or fair.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I had him on the list of characters who already have base launchers. But I feel the same about Sub Zero and expressed that I feel certain characters need base launchers, some need KB's fixed/added, some need new variations/custom and some need moves redone.
I know I don't have the answer for every character but trust NRS to fix it this time as long as we are vocal about what is boring or lackluster.

I'm actually starring to use Sub Zero more after learning Sikannder555's tech but I use Dead Of Winter the most now, I used to like Thin Ice but feel DOW has better damage, openers and tools. Both are good though. I feel even though certain characters are very solid they could be more fun or have more interesting tools. I miss Clone so much.
I feel some characters would be a lot more fun/creative/etc if customs were a thing. Just look at shang, dude has ninja morphs with combo extenders attached. That'd be some crazy fun shit imo.

kantboy-2

Ripper
I play Kano and I find it asinine that certain kombo strings are considered 'special moves'.

Characters with kombo paths locked out is an added layer of crap.

I want to do 2,2,3 and 2,2,1+3. I want 2,4,1 and 2,4,1+3. I want the options top characters already have.

You know how much useful Molotov could be if I could do F4,3 into it? Same thing with 2,4, Chemical Burn into F4,3, Molotov?

Tweak animations, but don't shackle characters because you ran out of time.

I think KB & FB mechanics are OP because NRS toned down combos.

The problem with toned down combos and the KB/FB system is Breakaway.

A lot of characters have specials that should be defaults. Raiden being the best example. He has no combo/damage potential without Storm Cell.

NRS should seriously look into some heavy changes. It’s crap in its current form.

LawAbidingCitizen

I play Kano and I find it asinine that certain kombo strings are considered 'special moves'.

Characters with kombo paths locked out is an added layer of crap.

I want to do 2,2,3 and 2,2,1+3. I want 2,4,1 and 2,4,1+3. I want the options top characters already have.

You know how much useful Molotov could be if I could do F4,3 into it? Same thing with 2,4, Chemical Burn into F4,3, Molotov?

Tweak animations, but don't shackle characters because you ran out of time.
Biohazard CMDR was sating he used a custom with Snake bite added and Kano was suddenly good. I aLSo think The buttons shouldn't be locked away behind variation slots.