What's new

Should mid cmd grabs actually exist?

There are currently 4 characters with mid cmd grabs
Geras
Kollector
Kotal Kahn
Robocop

Would these characters be bad if their cmd grabs were changed to a high?

Why are mid cmd grabs so good?
Untechable
Can't be ducked
Can't be d2 kb punished
Fits the strike throw meta perfectly

Thoughts and opinions?

XxTheGoblinX

Le_Supreme_
Hmm idk either way you have to make the read, just like regular grabs, but to be fair ducking is easier than jumping. However a lot of mid command grabs have terrible recovery on whiff so they are much easier to punish.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
It's Kotal's ghetto answer to not having any mids, so would have the biggest effect on him.
except the neutral killing half screen mid that's so fast in neutral its nearly unreactable. Kotals is the biggest crock of shit bc it's easy input, ampable, side switch option, AND AND AND can tic off a string.

It's an entirely diff ball game than other mid cmds

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
My thoughts are that this game has spoiled a lot of you. Damn near every command grab in other games, not just nrs games, are mids. Half of your points on why mid command grabs are good apply to highs just as well. God forbid you do a different specific action to beat them instead of more microducking and only get a full combo punish instead of a d2 KB punish.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
If you have a problem with mid cmd grabs, we cannot be friends.
And you wanna be my friend, because I’ve got the good stuff.
In conclusion, FChamp a doody.

Ashesfall

"Feel the wrath of Shao Kahn"
I personally hate mid command grabs
the only way to defend is jumping and this is such a bad looking flow to me

I play also a lot tekken and you can break high mid and low (ground) throws
(even tho I wouldn't compare both games)

I feel like mid throws can be crazy abused and I don't like single attacks to be so abusable

wished they would be all high but the ranged could be increased + more damage
or to keep them unique, command grabs could absorb (armor) one melee hit

just my opinion

Mid command grabs aren't a problem, who NRS gives them to and the trade-offs for having one though, that could use some work I think.

I really wonder if a character with a full screen safe on block projectile immune cat should have a mid command grab. Or if a keepaway character who does not even want to be in command grab range should have a mid command grab. Call me old fashioned but command grab characters should have to work to get in. Or in the case of Robocop, want to get in in the first place lol.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
players who hate mid command grabs are weak

this is how they work in every other 2d fighter, only MK is weak enough to give people a chance to get out of them besides jumping.
Ppl complain about mixups in mkx, but when u actually have to make reads ppl also complain. Welcome to nrs community.

Nothing wrong with a mid cammand grab stfu and make the read.
Jesus christ dude I was just seeing what the community thinks? No need to be toxic...
I know, that Geras, man.
I think he meant RoboCop
Terminator and Rambo also have mid command grabs on their stance moves.
Also short hopping a mid grab on a read makes you look like a god damn genius.
I didn't know this! Thanks you the info

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
players who hate mid command grabs are weak

this is how they work in every other 2d fighter, only MK is weak enough to give people a chance to get out of them besides jumping.
To be fair, Zangief can't cancel crLP into SPD and have it hit

Mid command grabs are fine as they are.