What's new

Should MB B3/F3 Exist?

Should MB B3/F3 Exist?

• Total voters

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
I like it. mb b3 and the like is truly universal as every character can benefit it whereas unlike MKX amoured launchers were very much not universal, and there was haves, and have nots.

That said you sniff the mb b3 and its still easy to beat so its not like its braindead, I think its a solid addition to the series. Effectively gives everyone their "dragon punch" for lack of a better term to stop braindead pressure.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I agree, but it is very much a "when all else fails, throw out the armored launcher and maybe you'll swing the round" kinda deal, which could apply to all levels of play.
It doesn't work that way... It's so slow, it's reactable. And since it's so universal, every character kan kounter with their own MB B3/F3 on reaction.

The only exceptions to this in Injustice 1 were Martian and Flash who had double hitting B3's but both were stuffable and jumpable. You kould also push block to remove the advantage, but like Hippo said, you wouldn't really need to since a lot of them had pushback on block.

9_Lives

Noob
Another important use for mb b3/f3 was to give all characters a fair read against opponents on knockdown that have wakeups that were both invincible and safe (or at least harder to punish) like Zod's pulsey slap thing. At least in my mind lol.

haketh

Noob
Another important use for mb b3/f3 was to give all characters a fair read against opponents on knockdown that have wakeups that were both invincible and safe (or at least harder to punish) like Zod's pulsey slap thing. At least in my mind lol.
I'm fine with MB B3/F3 but their shouldn't be safe reversals in the first place that are Frame 1 invul

9_Lives

Noob
I'm fine with MB B3/F3 but their shouldn't be safe reversals in the first place that are Frame 1 invul
Yeah I completely agree, especially if they have delayed getup as a thing because that would be a hard read to make. Either chunk the wakeup or get baited into a whiff and spend a bar either way? I hope not.

Redk9

Noob
Backdashes are invincible from frame 1 on wake up as well correct? It's like a 4 way guess if you knock someone down between regular get up, delayed get up, backdash and wake up attacks.

Edit: I like mb b3's/f3's utility btw this post was directed towards wake ups in general. I'm aware armored moves aren't invincible from frame 1

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
I can agree with that. Invulnerable moves should be punished if read and baited. There can be safe moves, but not invulnerable too.

MB B3 F3 are safe on block, but mot unbeatable. They have one hit of armor and that's all. Plus they cost meter. I'm not certain, but from the outside it looks like the risk/reward works.

MB F3/B3s were very well balanced in IGAU. They usually have 30f of startup (fast F3/B3s aren't as plus as slow ones). It must take at least 5-6f for the armor to be active. So if you want to interrupt gaps which are smaller than 5-6f, you must use backdash/parry/super, if you try MB F3/B3s you will get hit because the armor doesn't come out. They weren't any close to all the cancerous armored launchers in early MKX

Shaikhuzzaman

magicmeerkatman
I was actually surprised when I played these days Injustice 1 (didn't play it back in the day) by mb b3 and mb f3 existing, armor launchers, plus on block, 1 bar.

After all this witch hunt to armor launchers in mkx. And they are going to be in Injustice 2. This is the first thread that I see actually considering the subject. No complaints heard before. Many armor launchers in mkx could be broken through too, that didn't save them from disappearance, and in rare cases had the range of injustice mb b3s. This is simply absurd.

Coherence does not exist in this community, I am goddamn sure now. We will never have a balanced game. Probably we don't even deserve it. As simple as that.
The armoured launchers in mkx were still considerably quicker than a B/F3.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
@SkateNoob I think they're fine.

Also there is air tech in this game. So you could really be spending a bar to have them spend two, which leads to it's own mind game.

OH I just realized if the other person has 4 bars and you don't want to clash they can escape the b3 b3 combo. Yea that's gonna lead to some hype ass moments!

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
A few were, I think killer frosts F3 was pretty quick,cant remember exactly who
Killer Frost's was unreactable, but it made sense because she was meant to be a vortex character clearly and it was - on block, had very bad range and she was the only (?) character who couldn't get any unclashable damage after F3... Well, she could hit another F3 but it was pretty hard.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Killer Frost's was unreactable, but it made sense because she was meant to be a vortex character clearly and it was - on block, had very bad range and she was the only (?) character who couldn't get any unclashable damage after F3... Well, she could hit another F3 but it was pretty hard.
so basically she has an mkx release day style armored launcher

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Don't ever mix MK into Injustice ever, two different games two different mechanics.

MB B3/F3 in Injustice its an universal mechanic in Injustice at the cost of a bar, they're not flashy fast and they are not multi-hit like many armored moves where in MKX, on top of this, the lastest BM B3/F3 trade activation wins, so you can for the most time counter them with your own MB B3/F3 if you want to, its not like they have different amount of armored frames or so.