What's new

Should MB B3/F3 Exist?

Should MB B3/F3 Exist?

• Total voters
Hello Everyone,

Just like the thread title says, should Meter Burn B3/F3 exist in Injustice 2? I was super happy when they removed (most of the) armored launchers in MKX, so I don't get why this universal move is returning in Inj2 (I know, different franchise, different mechanics, etc., but they removed them from MKX for a reason, no?). I re-watched the latest Watchtower stream and in the final matches between Tyler and Derek I counted 29(!) MB B3/F3 attempts, and I think it's just a brainless way to get a full combo.

I fully admit I'm as casual a player as it gets so forgive my ignorance, but as diverse as this roster is I think they should remove the armor and keep it more like MKX without needing to change it down the line in future patches.

And I'm always in the "Wait for the game to come out first, then offer suggestions" camp, however in this case we know how armored launchers work so we can have a discussion now. This isn't "ZOMG Black Canary does 2 much damage PLZ NERF." :)

Thoughts?

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
It being a universal mechanic is why I like it. It just wouldn't seem like Injustice without it to me but idk. There is parity among them for the most part. Armor launchers were so cancer in MKX to me because some of them were fucking dank like Tempest Lao's Cyclone or Tremor's Shatter, and some were like Predator's Scemitar Slam or Cryomancer Sub's ex hammer where it's just meh af.

Shaikhuzzaman

magicmeerkatman
Hello Everyone,

Just like the thread title says, should Meter Burn B3/F3 exist in Injustice 2? I was super happy when they removed (most of the) armored launchers in MKX, so I don't get why this universal move is returning in Inj2 (I know, different franchise, different mechanics, etc., but they removed them from MKX for a reason, no?). I re-watched the latest Watchtower stream and in the final matches between Tyler and Derek I counted 29(!) MB B3/F3 attempts, and I think it's just a brainless way to get a full combo.

I fully admit I'm as casual a player as it gets so forgive my ignorance, but as diverse as this roster is I think they should remove the armor and keep it more like MKX without needing to change it down the line in future patches.

And I'm always in the "Wait for the game to come out first, then offer suggestions" camp, however in this case we know how armored launchers work so we can have a discussion now. This isn't "ZOMG Black Canary does 2 much damage PLZ NERF." :)

Thoughts?
B3 and F3 tend to be slow and can be armour broken

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
yes but they shouldn't be plus
This and the return of unblockable Interactables after getting it right in MKX were my biggest questions.

I do think that MB F3/B3 fit in Injustice, but I'm a little questionable on a lot being plus, some more plus than others, etc, for a universal mechanic.

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
B3 and F3 tend to be slow and can be armour broken
This.

In injustice, if you expect an armored move, you can use a quick, 2 hitting move or string to break the armor. Or, if you see it you have enough time to react & block. I don't play MKX, but I highly doubt someone is reacting to spin, or Jax overhead dash punches.

Plus, INJ2 looks to be a very meter dependent game. If your opponent is spamming mb f3 or b3., block more often and wait for them to run out of meter. Your chances of winning go way up after that.

Also analysing Tyler and deriks play is not any way to look at the game. No offence to them (they have definitely improved)
I agree, but it is very much a "when all else fails, throw out the armored launcher and maybe you'll swing the round" kinda deal, which could apply to all levels of play.

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
This and the return of unblockable Interactables after getting it right in MKX were my biggest questions.

I do think that MB F3/B3 fit in Injustice, but I'm a little questionable on a lot being plus, some more plus than others, etc, for a universal mechanic.
I can get used to that. I'm going to have to train myself to hold the mixup after, but I'd rather that they all be plus universally, than have some be negative and /or punishable. That would just complicate it.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
I was actually surprised when I played these days Injustice 1 (didn't play it back in the day) by mb b3 and mb f3 existing, armor launchers, plus on block, 1 bar.

After all this witch hunt to armor launchers in mkx. And they are going to be in Injustice 2. This is the first thread that I see actually considering the subject. No complaints heard before. Many armor launchers in mkx could be broken through too, that didn't save them from disappearance, and in rare cases had the range of injustice mb b3s. This is simply absurd.

Coherence does not exist in this community, I am goddamn sure now. We will never have a balanced game. Probably we don't even deserve it. As simple as that.

Last edited:

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I can get used to that. I'm going to have to train myself to hold the mixup after, but I'd rather that they all be plus universally, than have some be negative and /or punishable. That would just complicate it.
If I had a pick, they would all be safe but negative. Even if they are plus, I meant that they should all be the same number per character. Not +3 for one and +8 for another character.

If I had a pick, they would all be safe but negative. Even if they are plus, I meant that they should all be the same number per character. Not +3 for one and +8 for another character.
I kinda agree, but just looking at the ridiculous range on Ivy's B3 leads to me think some should be unsafe.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
MB B/F3s should rightly be plus. If I'm putting myself at risk of being punished at the expense of a bar of meter, I should be able to start my own offense afterwards. I understand getting hit by a MB B/F3, but blocking one is usually your own fault.

It's similar to saying jump-ins shouldn't be plus (but obviously not the same). In a lot of cases, blocking a jump-in is your own fault and you should be put at a disadvantage for it.

The only exceptions should be B/F3s that are either double-hitting, unreactable or have high meterless utility, e.g - Catwoman's B3 which has meterless utility as a low-profiling launcher.

Comparing MB B/F3s to MKX under the same term "armoured launcher" does not work. They're two entirely different mechanics.

protools27

Rebel without a scene
The reason I have always thought they were different from character to character is because some B3/F3 were better some characters then other. A good example is catwoman's B3, it's such an amazing Normal with great range, but it was minus 3 on block, which kind of balanced it. Batman's B3 being plus fit into his pressure style of play. The system wasn't perfect, for sure, I just think they are different character to character for the sake of balance.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
Worth noting that many MB B3's and F3's have a pretty decent amount of pushback on block, and this is an NRS title, which meant that +8 really only got you a chance to use a slower mid to follow up with, which not everyone could, minus a few. They also varied depending on the character IE as someone already brought up, Catwoman's and KF's being negative if blocked.

They also don't have armor from the first frame like MKX. Perfect meaties still beat them. Double-hitting ones are obnoxious, I agree, but they are nowhere near the terror of original MKX armored attacks.

I don't have a problem with them. I just feel like almost every injustice combo has B3 or F3 and a jump in. It makes the combos look a little stale to me