What's new

Should I Try Bloodborne 2019? Give me your reviews please

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Sekiro is good too if you like that kinda stuff. Like BB with a Katana and grappling hook!
Although its currently on the backburner while I focus on MK11, Sekiro has been able to fill the hole that Bloodborne seemed to leave after I was finished.

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
I'm not a huge Soulsborne fan but I much preferred Dark Souls 3. Bloodborne is 30 FPS and feels very sluggish. Maybe PS4 Pro bumps it to 60 or something, not sure.
Dark Souls 3 is a good game but Bloodborne is harder and more fulfilling to me. I never noticed the FPS drop because I was more focused on the fight and at the time that Bloodborne was released 1080 30 was the best you could get on a console.

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
Dark Souls 3 is a good game but Bloodborne is harder and more fulfilling to me. I never noticed the FPS drop because I was more focused on the fight and at the time that Bloodborne was released 1080 30 was the best you could get on a console.
BTW,if you beat any soulslike its "fulfilling" most bosses are hard when you dont cheese the game...orphan of kos is quite "fulfilling" yes :)

MalevolentFix

BTW,if you beat any soulslike its "fulfilling" most bosses are hard when you dont cheese the game...orphan of kos is quite "fulfilling" yes :)
Yeah but DS3 you can literally just lay on the shield and straight sword and with minimal dodging most boss fights are a joke. Unnamed king was the most fulfilling fight in DS3 but there are a bunch of fights in Bloodborne that make him look stupid.

City of ash or whatever it's called in Dark Souls 3's Expansions was a lot of fun though.

Might-Taro 19

by each death, we learn more..
Farewell, good hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.
it's not that i haven't found my worth but rather that depression kills my sense of purpose in life. I've gotten pretty far and good at bloodborne. I'm at like lvl 43 but have I been feeling happy and complete? not really, no matter how much I love something. Idk what's going on in all honesty, been feeling some pain and severe sadness.

Snoop88

Noob
it's not that i haven't found my worth but rather that depression kills my sense of purpose in life. I've gotten pretty far and good at bloodborne. I'm at like lvl 43 but have I been feeling happy and complete? not really, no matter how much I love something. Idk what's going on in all honesty, been feeling some pain and severe sadness.
Well... due the the heavy atmoshpere I wouldn't really 100% recommend BB to fight depression but who knows... maybe it will work out for you :D

Would even say that at the beginning BB can make your depression even deeper... but after leveling up, exploring, getting better, beating more monsters etc. you can learn that you can get past the worst horror.

MalevolentFix

Well... due the the heavy atmoshpere I wouldn't really 100% recommend BB to fight depression but who knows... maybe it will work out for you :D

Would even say that at the beginning BB can make your depression even deeper... but after leveling up, exploring, getting better, beating more monsters etc. you can learn that you can get past the worst horror.
Spoilers.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
It's a quote from the doll in the hunter's dream.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You're suffering from crippling depression. I'd suggest seeing a therapist and see if it needs to be medicated or not. If so, they will reccomend you to see a psychiatrist who is someone who can prescribe you medication. There is a trial and error process with meds for.mental health; however, there is a site that offers their service to pinpoint what medication works best for you based of DNA collected from a papsmeer test they mail to you. The test is expensive, but if you have insurance they may be able to cover some of it or the whole thing.

Don't do what I did and try to fill a void with games. It never helps. Always leaves you feeling empty. I suffer from crippling depression as well and at points become nihilistic to the point where I don't eat, sleep enough, leave my home, or sometimes even move. Every year it became increasingly worse until I found a way to deal with it. I see a psychologist once a week a feel much better now that I have an understanding where my depression was rooted from and how I can go about alleviating it. Through discussions with my therapist and utilizing my creativity and Express these feelings through cathartic release I'm able to keep these feelings under control. Mental health is a serious issue, despite what the nay sayers proclaim.

Try www.psychologytoday.com . It's a site that has thousands of people within the psychology and psychiatry field who can help you. They have profiles that consist of their bios, specialties, what they are known to help with, what insurances they take, etc.

Last edited:

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?

Therapy might help more than video games for depression...if you cant enjoy life without games, then games dnt alwayz help...maybe you could get a hobby that makes you feel life is preatty bitchin sometimes...I got a motorcycle...food for thot.

Might-Taro 19

It's a quote from the doll in the hunter's dream.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've talked to therapy and getting that kind of support is a pain in the ass. I don't know if my family insurance covers getting personal help like that for free but rest assure my parents would not take me to what we hope " better therapy". From my experience I feel like they couldn't help jack shit and the solutions i've came up for myself are basically them agreeing to it. For example " yeah keep meditating thats good" " Keep accepting and allowing your thoughts" etc. It's like the only person that I can help me is only myself. Why? I have no idea and I can tell you right now that working things solo is not fun at all.

You're suffering from crippling depression. I'd suggest seeing a therapist and see if it needs to be medicated or not. If so, they will reccomend you to see a psychiatrist who is someone who can prescribe you medication. There is a trial and error process with meds for.mental health; however, there is a site that offers their service to pinpoint what medication works best for you based of DNA collected from a papsmeer test they mail to you. The test is expensive, but if you have insurance they may be able to cover some of it or the whole thing.

Don't do what I did and try to fill a void with games. It never helps. Always leaves you feeling empty. I suffer from crippling depression as well and at points become nihilistic to the point where I don't eat, sleep enough, leave my home, or sometimes even move. Every year it became increasingly worse until I found a way to deal with it. I see a psychologist once a week a feel much better now that I have an understanding where my depression was rooted from and how I can go about alleviating it. Through discussions with my therapist and utilizing my creativity and Express these feelings through cathartic release I'm able to keep these feelings under control. Mental health is a serious issue, despite what the nay sayers proclaim.

Try www.psychologytoday.com . It's a site that has thousands of people within the psychology and psychiatry field who can help you. They have profiles that consist of their bios, specialties, what they are known to help with, what insurances they take, etc.
I'm not willing to take medications for my depression so it's going to be handled naturally I guess. I'm not using video games as an escape, it is part of my passion to play video games. In my current situation there isn't really anything I can do and explaining it all would take long damn paragraphs. Like if I could right now I would be having a car and working at a job but atm not possible at all. I desire to be in a relationship with a girl however the chances right now are pretty vague. Relationships are a little more complicated than what you see out in the world. Now screw it but i'll just say it [NSFW] if you combine clinical depression combined with being super sexually frustrated combined with wanting a real connection with the opposite sex during the day, it really sucks. Your mind turns into a complete roller coaster and for me to calm the hell down is nearly impossible. Heck when I try to sleep I get panic attacks and rapid heartbeats.

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
I'm not willing to take medications for my depression so it's going to be handled naturally I guess. I'm not using video games as an escape, it is part of my passion to play video games. In my current situation there isn't really anything I can do and explaining it all would take long damn paragraphs. Like if I could right now I would be having a car and working at a job but atm not possible at all. I desire to be in a relationship with a girl however the chances right now are pretty vague. Relationships are a little more complicated than what you see out in the world. Now screw it but i'll just say it [NSFW] if you combine clinical depression combined with being super sexually frustrated combined with wanting a real connection with the opposite sex during the day, it really sucks. Your mind turns into a complete roller coaster and for me to calm the hell down is nearly impossible. Heck when I try to sleep I get panic attacks and rapid heartbeats.
Dr. David Tian has a program for ppl like you in my opinion...its called "man up". Its on youtube and google...video games dont help everyone, but I trust David and he showed me how even I COULD BE HAPPY. give it a shot because you wont find those kinds of answers from video games!

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Why are you unwilling to take medication? I refuse to take it, too, but I don't wish to go through the trial and error of it all. The constant fluctuating weight, the mood swings and other side effects. What are your reasons?

Why can't you get a job? Everyone needs a job to get things they want. Owning a car is tough. I didn't own my first car until I was 23. Going to be 30 this year. If you want one it will require a lot of good financial decisions. It's a bit of a climb, but when you finally reach the top the only thing that would need to be done is to maintain the vehicle which is a lot easier than saving up for one. I'd suggest starting with an older car since they're cheaper used. My first car was a 1990 Buick LeSabre. I paid $500 to an old.man that used it as his Sunday car, then spent a total of $2, 000 in the span of 2 years to maintain the vehicle since a lot of the parts were old. I now have a 2005 Nissan Altima and I have spent the same amount of money within a 5 year span due to the car being more recent model.

Relationships are a hassle and require a lot of trial and error and money, to a certain extent. You'll run into all sorts of people, whether same or opposite sex. Some are selfish, some are driven by greed, some are arrogant and equip with tunnel vision. You'll go through a lot before you find the right person. All I can say is that whenever you're somewhat financially stable and want to find someone to spend time with, make sure you don't focus on it. Don't look, if you catch my drift. If you look you'll never find what you're looking for, which is contrary to other things in life. When it comes to relationships, the best things come to you.

Last edited:

Might-Taro 19

Hey guys just wanted to update on where I've gotten with my gaming life. I finished playing bloodborne and it was pretty good but I had to watch expert walkthroughs since its tough and getting things/killing bosses is strategic. Unfortunately my game started a new plus so I couldn't go back finishing up the old hunter dlc. 20$ as a waste pretty much. I'm finished with this game however I decided back and forth that I wanna play it again starting a new game save but it ended up extremely ugly. I deleted bloodborne multiple times and I started feeling depressed forcing myself to sleep. I couldn't figure what video game I should play next especially since theres literally nothing for me to do at home. Outside is hot as hell. But slowly and surely I now got back into mortal kombat 11. The move was tough though, because as I have mentioned on my first post of this thread. My tastes have changed. Not to blame the fighting genere but the style of the video game. I kinda now wish mortal kombat was more dark, unsaturated colored, and fits into the Emo/ gothic category if you get what im saying..

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
I was jst thinking about this thread...BB2 might come out oneday, so wait and see for more yharnam goodness. Glad you liked it.

But ODIN SPHERE is actually the best rpg on ps4. Everytime I play it has something wonderful to do or see. BB is super dark, but Odin Spere deals with darkness in a different way...really good rpg.

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
I was jst thinking about this thread...BB2 might come out oneday, so wait and see for more yharnam goodness. Glad you liked it.

But ODIN SPHERE is actually the best rpg on ps4. Everytime I play it has something wonderful to do or see. BB is super dark, but Odin Spere deals with darkness in a different way...really good rpg.

ArryKae

Noob
Considering that i've felt hollow dying multiple times in the second stage, ended up deleting bloodborne and reinstalling it again lol.. but what I can definitely say is i'm getting better regardless. I've made it through farther than ever before every few times I die. What makes it even more dreadful is losing all of your blood echos and having to regain them all back again.
You can retrieve your blood echoes if you can make it back to them without dying again. Sometimes they'll be on the ground, sometimes you'll have to kill an enemy that picked them up. They'll have purple eyes.

ArryKae

Noob

I'm not so sure BB2 will ever be a thing. They just released Sekiro with record numbers (for them), and BB is a PS exclusive. Also, Vaati pretty much confirmed Miyazaki and George RR Martin are working on an open world game right now.

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
New fromsoft game better have multiplayer, and if it does...its casual killing season bois!